A look at what the demon that Rivers excorcised out of Boston is up to these days

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

A look at what the demon that Rivers excorcised out of Boston is up to these days

http://youtu.be/rzbPq19qXbw

Obviously this player remains a destructive AND disruptive force for his new and current team, tearing the place apart with locker room antics, immaturity, poor performances, massive ego and overall lack of hustle. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: A look at what the demon that Rivers excorcised out of Boston is up to these days

Here is an excerpt of Shaq's book in which he says that everyone on the team thought Davis was selfish and then a clip of Davis crying on the bench after KG yelled at him.  I also threw in a story about Davis breaking his hand and missing time with the Celtics because he punched his friend.  Glad things are better for Davis now because he was a total dooshhnozzle when he was on the Celtics. 

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4932

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/11/shaquille-oneal-threatened-to-punch-glen-big-baby-davis-in-the-face/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rvYG8-yZIU

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: A look at what the demon that Rivers excorcised out of Boston is up to these days

The Cs did BBD a huge favor by trading him so that he could grow up under the positive influence of "adult supervision."

He was the whipping boy, the canary in the mine, showing his behind as ubuntu turned out to be  a fraud.

I loved his hustle on the court.

Loved the charges he took.

The ultimate 6th man off the bench.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

See Acie?

Pud agrees with you.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You guys are crazy if you think the Celtics traded Big Baby. 

Let's get the facts right.

BBD was an unrestricted free-agent. The Celts were just fortunate that Orlando agreed to do a sign and trade with BBD. 

Again, the Celts didn't trade BBD, he was an unrestricted free-agent that the Celtics couldn't re-sign because the MLE was not enough.

[/QUOTE]

People don't get that stuff. They just want to complain.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BBD was an unrestricted free-agent. The Celts were just fortunate that Orlando agreed to do a sign and trade with BBD. 

Again, the Celts didn't trade BBD, he was an unrestricted free-agent that the Celtics couldn't re-sign because the MLE was not enough.

[/QUOTE]

People don't get that stuff. They just want to complain.

[/QUOTE]

Forget BBD we need a good big man to help KG?  That is all that matters now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We're also crazy if we believe that you welched on your bet with Jamez. You were flushed out by #8 and forced to defend your honor.

Lets do get the facts right.... establish some cred.... and maybe go from there.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I was happy to see BBD go cuz of his playoff performance with the C's that last year. I take it back. The guy is a winner, something Bass is not. We might be looking for that big man in the middle but you know what, when BBD was matched with 7 footers, he pushed them out of the paint which is better thann what we have now. Its def showing now that we lost in that trade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was happy to see BBD go cuz of his playoff performance with the C's that last year. I take it back. The guy is a winner, something Bass is not. We might be looking for that big man in the middle but you know what, when BBD was matched with 7 footers, he pushed them out of the paint which is better thann what we have now. Its def showing now that we lost in that trade.

[/QUOTE]

Neither one of them is very good.  It doesn't have to be one or the other.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cant have it all in life! If filling all the needs with the best available was that easy, then all the teams would have at least one championship! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cant have it all in life! If filling all the needs with the best available was that easy, then all the teams would have at least one championship! 

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Just saying the Bass versus Davis discussion is moot to me.

Niether is what you want out of a starting NBA power forward. Just because Bass is not doing well doesn't mean I would want Davis back. there are all sorts of mediocre power forwards in the NBA.

Even on Orlando Davis has okay stats but he is jacking up 15 shots a game and shooting 45 percent. He has no post game and has always been an average rebounder.

Him being gone is nothing to cry about, even if Bass being here is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Speaking of players that didn't get a chance to develop under Doc... E'Twaun Moore, a seldom used Celtics G, is playing about 24 minutes a game for Orlando and averaging nearly 10 PPG.  His has upside potential.  If you never play the guys, how can they develop confidence and ablity?    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Speaking of players that didn't get a chance to develop under Doc... E'Twaun Moore, a seldom used Celtics G, is playing about 24 minutes a game for Orlando and averaging nearly 10 PPG.  His has upside potential.  If you never play the guys, how can they develop confidence and ablity?    

[/QUOTE]

Moore was better than Marquis and sasha.  No doubt about it.

Davis sure got a chance to develop though. He played 30 minutes a game in 10-11. He shot 44 percent and grabbed 11 points and 5 boards a game.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Niether is what you want out of a starting NBA power forward. Just because Bass is not doing well doesn't mean I would want Davis back. there are all sorts of mediocre power forwards in the NBA.

Even on Orlando Davis has okay stats but he is jacking up 15 shots a game and shooting 45 percent. He has no post game and has always been an average rebounder.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt..but I believe given the situation where the Celtics are failing, which includes points in the paint, BBD would have provided more than Bass...I still like this team but their playing is just an absolute mess..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

Here is an excerpt of Shaq's book in which he says that everyone on the team thought Davis was selfish and then a clip of Davis crying on the bench after KG yelled at him.  I also threw in a story about Davis breaking his hand and missing time with the Celtics because he punched his friend.  Glad things are better for Davis now because he was a total dooshhnozzle when he was on the Celtics. 

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/11/shaquille-oneal-threatened-to-punch-glen-big-baby-davis-in-the-face/

[/QUOTE]

you've got a great sub-mental selective memory.  SHEED broke the ENTIRE TEAM when he showed up with centerfold quality knockers on him and NEVER got into shape.  how immature and unprofessional was that?  but he got him his doc rivers alotted minutes and no outing in the press, huh?

then there's rondo, the 55% free throw shooting nightmare who shrinks away from the limelight in the playoffs because to rondo a FTA is a nail in his little head case coffin.  but nothing every required of rondo to increase his maturity, to do what is right FOR the team by being able to LEAD and be FLOOR GENERAL for all 48 minutes and not be the chuck it to someone and go hide in the corner point guard.  his only other trick is to dominate the ball for 19 seconds and then pawn off the last second shot onto someone- that's the ONLY way rondo can get his man to guard him and not collapse down and shut down our offense.

but i see you are so truthful and righteous.  davis was the problem.  he's still a huge problem in orlando.  in that he's DWARFING the equally paid bass' productivity and is still IMPROVING as a player.  neither one of these guys was cut from all star cloth but if you can't see night from day on this then you really need help.  davis left town because rivers PERSONALLY hated him and fork tongued the guy every chance he could get.  a/k/a incompetent and unprofessional coaching.

i would not have a THING to say if rivers had also rightfully BURIED sheed to the press about showing up a fat pig and going to the press about rondo needing to just grow up, buckle down and play solid fundamental individual defense.  do you even KNOW WHO DOC RIVERS WAS AS A PLAYER????? he was a SOLID DEFENDER, perhaps above all else!!!  so WHY oh WHY would he tolerate "the gambler" for a point guard without insisting that he bend the knees and watch the guts of the guy in front of you.  if rondo did that he'd get even more steals that he does now playing roulette and letting his man free to charge down the lane and either tire out KG trying to cover up for rondo's sugar high D or get a layup or give a dish for a layup by someone else.

these are big issues, but glen davis was a much much bigger problem.  and bass has worked out so well.  shaq?  really?  that's your biblical reference point?  shaq is a bitter old fartte who hated davis because he "didn't pass him the ball enough".  whatever.  it was SHACK who did a leg sweep of KG in the lockerroom, on film, that was SO STUPID and DANGEROUS i thought it was going to end KG"s career.  put that in your pipe and smoke it qui queg

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt..but I believe given the situation where the Celtics are failing, which includes points in the paint, BBD would have provided more than Bass...I still like this team but their playing is just an absolute mess..

[/QUOTE]

davis has no post game.  somehow he ended up with 5 or 6 dunks in this game and ran kevin love into the ground.  you say davis is an average rebounder?  his per minute rebounds have INCREASED in each of the last two years, while BASS' have DECREASED each of the last two years, so where does that leave ya?

i'm talking HEAD TO HEAD comparison.  the year before the bass/davis swap, both players virtually equal rebounds per minute played.  since then davis UP every year, bass DOWN

in and of himself, bass has NEVER achieved the per minute stats achievments in points and rebounds SINCE HIS BREAKOUT YEAR (2nd year in the league) WITH DALLAS

why would you trade something (albeit with warts and not perfect) that is on the way up for something that has pleateaued and is showing nothing new??

whether you want to admit it or not- davis could cover 5 minutes and play big body mash with ANY ELITE 7 FOOTER IN THE GAME.  and that's what's wearing out KG right now boys and girls. 

i swear if davis had a more appealing physique this wouldn't be so opaque to you dingbats.  sometimes good things come in plain wrappers.  or should i say "good enough".  look around the league and there's ZERO 4/5 players who bring what davis does to the game at his paycheck level.  bass SURELY DOESN"T

it's ONE GAME here worth of footage.  granted he didn't get enough rebounds but like i said we are not talking perfection here for 6M a year.  but what i see is a lot of dunks (gasp- is he getting better at operating around the basket!?), lots of hustle, even a few fast break buckets and an accurate jumper.  what i see that is positive from bass right now could be written on the back side of a postage stamp with a wide tip sharpie with plenty of room left over

http://youtu.be/WlppC2RfPwM

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

go to 1:23 for the "no post game"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

bass is shooting 44% right now.  so what's your point with davis shooting 45% for the same paycheck.  and davis is improving.  bass was .515 in ORL, last year was .479 (and then laid a massive egg in the playoffs) and this year is .445.

great trend!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you've got a great sub-mental selective memory.  SHEED broke the ENTIRE TEAM when he showed up with centerfold quality knockers on him and NEVER got into shape.  how immature and unprofessional was that?  but he got him his doc rivers alotted minutes and no outing in the press, huh?

then there's rondo, the 55% free throw shooting nightmare who shrinks away from the limelight in the playoffs because to rondo a FTA is a nail in his little head case coffin.  but nothing every required of rondo to increase his maturity, to do what is right FOR the team by being able to LEAD and be FLOOR GENERAL for all 48 minutes and not be the chuck it to someone and go hide in the corner point guard.  his only other trick is to dominate the ball for 19 seconds and then pawn off the last second shot onto someone- that's the ONLY way rondo can get his man to guard him and not collapse down and shut down our offense.

but i see you are so truthful and righteous.  davis was the problem.  he's still a huge problem in orlando.  in that he's DWARFING the equally paid bass' productivity and is still IMPROVING as a player.  neither one of these guys was cut from all star cloth but if you can't see night from day on this then you really need help.  davis left town because rivers PERSONALLY hated him and fork tongued the guy every chance he could get.  a/k/a incompetent and unprofessional coaching.

i would not have a THING to say if rivers had also rightfully BURIED sheed to the press about showing up a fat pig and going to the press about rondo needing to just grow up, buckle down and play solid fundamental individual defense.  do you even KNOW WHO DOC RIVERS WAS AS A PLAYER????? he was a SOLID DEFENDER, perhaps above all else!!!  so WHY oh WHY would he tolerate "the gambler" for a point guard without insisting that he bend the knees and watch the guts of the guy in front of you.  if rondo did that he'd get even more steals that he does now playing roulette and letting his man free to charge down the lane and either tire out KG trying to cover up for rondo's sugar high D or get a layup or give a dish for a layup by someone else.

these are big issues, but glen davis was a much much bigger problem.  and bass has worked out so well.  shaq?  really?  that's your biblical reference point?  shaq is a bitter old fartte who hated davis because he "didn't pass him the ball enough".  whatever.  it was SHACK who did a leg sweep of KG in the lockerroom, on film, that was SO STUPID and DANGEROUS i thought it was going to end KG"s career.  put that in your pipe and smoke it qui queg

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say Davis was the problem. Or anything like that.

I said Davis missed time because he broke his hand hitting his friend, that Shaq said the whole Celtics team though he was selfish and that he cried on the bench because KG yelled at him.

I also  said Davis is just an average PF.  

I still have no idea why you get so excited by Davis and his game.  There isn't anything special about it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

bass is shooting 44% right now.  so what's your point with davis shooting 45% for the same paycheck.  and davis is improving.  bass was .515 in ORL, last year was .479 (and then laid a massive egg in the playoffs) and this year is .445.

great trend!

[/QUOTE]

My point is that neither Bass or Davis is what you want as a starting PF. and talking about who is better for two years is irrelevant.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

why is it that advanced stats can only be used AGAINST davis on this board and are NEVER used to evaluate BASS except for when people slobbered over bass as a "better per minute" player than davis the year before we got davis, which bass was, at the time.

and then they switched roles.  bass' numbers have hit the toilet since coming to boston- the most baffling of which is FG%- you come to a team with a PG like rondo and playing with a big man who LOOKS to distribute the ball for easy buckets like KG, and you go DOWN in FG efficiency???!!

free throw attempts per 36 are nearly cut in half with bass over the last three years????  a whooo a what?  really?  why that?  we were better off with the devil that we knew who was STILL IMPROVING and COULD MOP UP MINUTES AT THE 5- notice how we have had NO meaningful contributors at the 5 since davis left?  Humm......

davis        min      FG%    FTA    pts    reb                 FTA    pts    reb
    2010-11   29.5    .448    3.4    11.7  5.4    per 36    4.1    14.3    6.6
    2011-12   23.3    .421    2.7    9.3    5.4    per 36    4.2    14.4    8.3
    2012-13   32.7    .455   3.8    16.2  7.8    per 36    4.2    17.8   8.6

bass        min      FG%   FTA    pts    reb                  FTA    pts    reb
    2008-09 19.3    .496    2.6    8.5    4.5    per 36   4.9    15.9    8.4
    2010-11  26.1    .515    3.1    11.2  5.6    per 36    4.3    15.4    7.7
    2011-12  31.7    .479    2.8    12.5  6.2    per 36    3.2    14.2    7.0
    2012-13  27.3    .445   1.8    8.6    5.5    per 36    2.4    11.3    7.2

Can we please have a miracle for Christmas at the 4/5? 

here are the PER 36's guys and gals.  perhaps davis would not have expanded his scoring role per minute as much with the c's but he's an improving and versatile player.  bass has yet to eclipse his PER efficiency from his days in dallas!!  ?? @##@$%$%^  why'd we get him anyway?  just to pay him 4X as much as Dallas did and TWICE as much as ORL did for les PER performance?

the argument is won and lost by the data above and our miserable performance this year along with bass' meltdown in last year's playoffs.  he had no excuses.  people love to forget that davis had a patellar tendon injury in 2/3 of the way through the year that he was a flub in the playoffs.  he also had doc ribbers selling him out to the press.  bass has had nothing but unwavering adoration from the coach and mgt.

i remember all of the SYYYYMMMMMMPAAATHY on this board from when KG had a similar but more serious patellar issue that wound up ending in secrecy and then surgery for him.  but no quarter given to davis whatsoever.  nice dichotomy. you hypocrites joined doc rivers in driving out of town the only hustle dirt dog guy we had who was the GLUE of our team defense.  70 charges taken per year makes up for a LOT of the lack of length that made davis a liability.  nobody does that now for the c's.  beyond TAKING 70 charges a year, he CHANGED innumerable other plays by his hustle to close passing lanes that are now wide open to expose the celtics as slow and old.

bass, for his part, has proved to be a miserable individual defender with his best move being the famous "turning of the head" (away from the ball) to enable his man to cut past him for a layup / lob dunk or some action to break loose on the floor that shouldn't be happening involving his man. 

well, if you can't play individual defense then there's not much hope for the team defense ever being what it once was.  yeah, our "defense" was what we hung our hat on.  and we did it with mirrors using big fat fatty to plug holes and take charges and change plays that looked like they had broken wide open for the opposing team.  it's (our TEAM DEFENSE) the only thing that kept us between where we were then and where we are now with teams walking all over us.

lest we forget that davis was also a superior passer in rotating the ball and NEVER suffered from the panic / seizeure issues that bass does when he receives the ball and fails to make the instantaneous decision to shoot or drive- then you get an awkward series of involuntary movements that many times end up in a turnover.

lest we forget that davis was a superior screen setter, and JJ redick is greatly benefitting from that right now.  to this day, bass seems unable to set GOOD screens on a consistent basis that don't leave room for the defender to slide right through the screen due to the space gap.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

great trend!

[/QUOTE]

My point is that neither Bass or Davis is what you want as a starting PF. and talking about who is better for two years is irrelevant.

[/QUOTE]

we were better off with a guy who could mop up minutes at the 5, had good hands, drew charges, and could set picks that people would get buried in like running into a 6 foot 8 feather pillow. 

as you can see, both players are trending opposite directions.  snakes, if you have all the solutions then TROLL the SIX MILLION DOLLAR PAYCHECK ZONE FOR BIG MEN- there's not anything out there that's better than davis is or was!!!  and davis isn't done defining what is ceiling is.  the statistics tell a flagrant story that bass not only found his ceiling but is running away from it like it scalded him.

or if there is, do tell

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and snakes- ultimately- if KG signs for small money and we DO NOT SIGN BASS, we can troll for some BETTER THAN SIX MILLION DOLLAR PER YEAR BIGS, but here we are, aren't we???  so what the heck did we do to ourselves exchanging these two straight up?

we screwed ourselves

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I hated to see Big Baby go! I have my doubts that Sully will ever be as good as Baby was for the Celtics! 

Sections
Shortcuts