A plea for peace in a moribund off-season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: A plea for peace in a moribund off-season

In Response to Re: A plea for peace in a moribund off-season:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A plea for peace in a moribund off-season : The board is run by dslack. He makes all final decisions. He balances free speech with not allowing personal attacks. When Riico, oops I mean ky, went on a wingnut tirade, his post was deleted. I'm not sure if he got banned or just went away. That board and Sam's were created because between the fake Celtic fans like him and the Laker trolls, it was time to move on. People like you and dudder wouldn't get as much attention at those places as you do here. Your uninformed posts would be debunked, and then you'd be ignored.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

I count a grand total of 3 active posters at dslacks over the past two months or so.

That being the case, how could you possibly afford to debunk/ignore even uninformed posters like myself?

Seems like you would welcome them with open arms and a marching band.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A plea for peace in a moribund off-season : The board is run by dslack. He makes all final decisions. He balances free speech with not allowing personal attacks. When Riico, oops I mean ky, went on a wingnut tirade, his post was deleted. I'm not sure if he got banned or just went away. That board and Sam's were created because between the fake Celtic fans like him and the Laker trolls, it was time to move on. People like you and dudder wouldn't get as much attention at those places as you do here. Your uninformed posts would be debunked, and then you'd be ignored.

Sam won't allow you on his board, but i must say you're in the top 3 posters on Dslack 's board!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

traffic may be a little puny, but i did see an amusingly titled thread about shaqqy green that faldo authored. if you coined that yourself, nick, i'm gonna have to salute you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A plea for peace in a moribund off-season : I count a grand total of 3 active posters at dslacks over the past two months or so. That being the case, how could you possibly afford to debunk/ignore even uninformed posters like myself? Seems like you would welcome them with open arms and a marching band. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

You can take your Rico, kyceltic, and mployee8 names and have yourself a nice life. I wouldn't have anything to do with you in real life, and I most certainly aren't goiung to here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]traffic may be a little puny, but i did see an amusingly titled thread about shaqqy green that faldo authored. if you coined that yourself, nick, i'm gonna have to salute you.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm not sure if I coined that. I don't remember it from anywhere else, but memory can be a tough thing to rely on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A plea for peace in a moribund off-season : You can take your Rico, kyceltic, and mployee8 names and have yourself a nice life. I wouldn't have anything to do with you in real life, and I most certainly aren't goiung to here.
     Hey troll, i mean Nicky, did you watch the NASCAR race from the great state of Kentucky last night. Man that was exciting!!!  Don't forget hug a vet!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A plea for peace in a moribund off-season : You can take your Rico, kyceltic, and mployee8 names and have yourself a nice life. I wouldn't have anything to do with you in real life, and I most certainly aren't goiung to here.

Just teasin' with ya, NickF. LUVYA,man!

Must get AWFULLY lonely at dslacks...  but then you ran off other posters with your "racism behind every bush" charges.

That's why Sam ran you off too. That and the free ride you insisted on.

Pud

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

another nugget from jfaust:

I wrote the "RAPIST" comments to try to shut laker trolls up...it did not work...now I have to watch these boards and many here pontificate about appropriate behavior...get back to basketball...there are no views here so great or so knowledgeable that I consider them to be particularly edifying...they are the views of basketball fans, and all are equal...everyone has a right to put them here to be examined, accepted, appreciated, or rejected....the one thing I dislike more than laker trolls is an attempt to make people conform to someone else's views on what or how to express opinion....free speech and all that...if you really want to claim adulthood on these boards, use common sense and the ignore button assiduously...it's your right to do so...and others right to say what they want...                     

this is the last of your hidden comments i'm going to post, shortstop. it's not my desire or place to enable you. if however you'd like to apologize for the mean things you said about me in your previous hidden post, i might consider posting your apology.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

have it your way, density. bait and bait some more. we'll see what you get for responses. ha.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A plea for peace in a moribund off-season : Just teasin' with ya, NickF. LUVYA,man! Must get AWFULLY lonely at dslacks...  but then you ran off other posters with your "racism behind every bush" charges. That's why Sam ran you off too. That and the free ride you insisted on. Pud

Only a few people know what actually happened at the end of my stay at Sam's Country Club. Someone sounding an awful lot like yourself and ky named gacracker was giving me a hard time out of the blue. He broke Sam's rules against personal attacks. Sam then deleted both of our posts and made a comment not addressing the fact I did nothing wrong.

His pay to post model was about to kick in. I told him thanks but no thanks. So it was kind of like an I quit, no you can't quit you're fired scenario.

I don't mind that Dslack's Place is slow. We were doing ok at the original board. Then we moved to the ESPN server. So not only had a new board been created amongst tons of already established boards, we lost all the momentum of the first one. We had some monsters of threads going with a Celtics' slant on the survivor game.

People tend to like to stick with what they're used to. A bunch of people didn't make the transition from the old board to the new one.

The great thing about dslack is he doesn't allow personal attacks. He isn't anal retentive about it, but proactive. Greenkiller showed up. It was awkward at first, but dslack handled it beautifully, and Greenie said his peace and didn't troll the board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A plea for peace in a moribund off-season : Only a few people know what actually happened at the end of my stay at Sam's Country Club . Someone sounding an awful lot like yourself and ky named gacracker was giving me a hard time out of the blue. He broke Sam's rules against personal attacks. Sam then deleted both of our posts and made a comment not addressing the fact I did nothing wrong. His pay to post model was about to kick in. I told him thanks but no thanks. So it was kind of like an I quit, no you can't quit you're fired scenario. I don't mind that Dslack's Place is slow. We were doing ok at the original board. Then we moved to the ESPN server. So not only had a new board been created amongst tons of already established boards, we lost all the momentum of the first one. We had some monsters of threads going with a Celtics' slant on the survivor game. People tend to like to stick with what they're used to. A bunch of people didn't make the transition from the old board to the new one. The great thing about dslack is he doesn't allow personal attacks. He isn't anal retentive about it, but proactive. Greenkiller showed up. It was awkward at first, but dslack handled it beautifully, and Greenie said his peace and didn't troll the board.

GaCracker was "personally attacking" you at Sams because you were here at BDC openly trashing Sam's Forum for being a "Pay to Play rip off" while encouraging posters to try dslack's forum instead.

Very bad manners indeed.

Sam bent over backwards to be courteous to you and you kept showing him your rear end by publically badmouthing him... so Sam made the decision for you.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A plea for peace in a moribund off-season : Sam's board is f***ing boring, just as boring as Sam's arrogant posts were here. Very few members there and it's tightly controlled so you can't criticize anything about the irrelvant celtics. It's like only hanging around people that agree 100% with you all the time right or wrong.  And then you gotta pay. Pay for what? And no trolls allowed? What fun is it with us trolls not allowed? Naw, I don't like my stuff totally sanitized all time.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

To each... his own.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A plea for peace in a moribund off-season : How about grown up chat. Pud

A man who takes the time to sign every post "pud" wants grown up chat.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A plea for peace in a moribund off-season : A man who takes the time to sign every post "pud" wants grown up chat.   http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pud
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

To each.... his own.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A plea for peace in a moribund off-season : To each.... his own. Pud

I am down with that.  Just pointing out the obvious contradiction.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

In the words of the late John Lennon & the Plastic ONO Band, " All We Are Saying, Is Give Peace A Chance."

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In the words of the late John Lennon & the Plastic ONO Band, " All We Are Saying, Is Give Peace A Chance."
    Posted by JREwing[/QUOTE]
    Plastic Ono Band had nothing to do with it.  Lennon wrote that while still a member of the Beatles.  The credits say Lennon/McCartney.  It came out in 1969, and they broke up in 1970.  It was on a Plastic Ono Band Album, but they had nothing to do with it.  Just for the record!!