A poll from the Asik Trade Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

A poll from the Asik Trade Thread

Since the last thread died out ...

Simple questions:

Q1: Do you execute the following trade:

HOU: Brandon Bass, Courtney Lee, Nets 2014 first round pick

BOS: Asik

Q2: What if it costs Marshon Brooks instead of Courtney Lee?

Q3: What if it costs Avery Bradley instead of Courtney Lee?

( I posted this question to a Rockets forum on SBNation. Of course 70% said no, but there were some "Yes" replies and some interesting comments. It sounds like fans would like Lee back. I don't think they know all that much about Bass to understand that he's a good fit at the 4. And of course, they overvalue Asik. Maybe overvalue is the wrong word, but they certainly know they could use him to get a better deal down the road, which is true.  http://www.thedreamshake.com/2013/9/4/4695120/asik-trade )

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: A poll from the Asik Trade Thread

Bass, Crawford and 2015 later of first round picks.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

1.yea...but Houston will need to add a player to make the salaries work I beleive....have them  throw in T. Jones.

2. yes...a better deal to me as I like Lee more than Brooks.

3. NO. Bass, Bradley and a pick are too much for asik alone, IMO.

I would love it if we could get Asik and Jones from Houston for  Bass, Brooks and  either a Nets or clippers draft pick (protected).

Asik- Hou

Fav

Olynyk

Sullinger

Humphries

Jones- Hou

Wallace

Green

Bogans

Bradley

Lee

Crawford

Rondo

Pressey

Telfair-?

that is a playoff team next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

People way overestimate the trade value of Brandon Bass and Courtney Lee.  They are not rare commodities.  If Danny Ainge calls a rival GM and says we'll give you Brandon Bass and Courtney Lee for so-and-so, that GM's response is probably, "Meh."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i agree that bass and lee are "meh" players. they are not bad bench players but they are not game changers. but i would trade both of them to get asik, assuming that sully avoids significant legal trouble. then we can play asik in the middle and sully/kelly o at the 4. add green at the 3 and that's not a bad front court.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Since the last thread died out ...

Simple questions:

Q1: Do you execute the following trade:

HOU: Brandon Bass, Courtney Lee, Nets 2014 first round pick

BOS: Asik

Q2: What if it costs Marshon Brooks instead of Courtney Lee?

Q3: What if it costs Avery Bradley instead of Courtney Lee?

( I posted this question to a Rockets forum on SBNation. Of course 70% said no, but there were some "Yes" replies and some interesting comments. It sounds like fans would like Lee back. I don't think they know all that much about Bass to understand that he's a good fit at the 4. And of course, they overvalue Asik. Maybe overvalue is the wrong word, but they certainly know they could use him to get a better deal down the road, which is true.  http://www.thedreamshake.com/2013/9/4/4695120/asik-trade )

No and no.Brooks will be a celtics for long time.He was the best player in the deal with the nets.He is young,excellent scorer,loves the celtics(remember the green neck tie during thehis introduction press conference.He has room for improvement,and he will learn the celtics system.Go celtics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Wow ...

I am stunned at the "no, no, no" comments.

I think its a balanced deal. Bass and Lee aren't 'meh' players. They aren't stars, but they are solid role players who can start or come off the bench. I think Houston needs those types to contend, players who can fit in to the culture and add to the already contending team.

The thing is, if we get Asik for Bass & Lee and Rondo comes back within the first month, I think we are instantly a playoff team. Definitely a 7 or 8 seed, but Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully, Asik would be a formidable starting 5.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

... and then

If we were able to swing Sully, Brooks and picks for Aldridge (if thats possible) we could contend:

Rondo

Bradley 

Green

Aldridge

Asik

But we would still fall way short without any real bench at that point. Bench at that point would be Pressey, Crawford, Bogans, Wallace, Olynyk, Humphries, Faverani ..

But don't get me wrong, I much prefer a riggin for wiggins strategy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Bass and Lee are "Meh" players.  Get over it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I agree with teejaytee, lee and bbass have no value..  Just look at what houston took for lee last year (a bunch of dleague scrubs, jjj etc) and that was BEFORE his down year.

Asik was  a double double machine last year. They are not going to give him up for scraps.  Maybe a trade of hump, abradley and 2 1sts, would get it done.  Houston is in a win now mode, so they  dont value late 1st round picks. At least with ab they get a top defender who can help defend the opponents best permiter player, which would ease the burden on james harden and lin for 20-25 mpg.

Thats a trade that I would STILL consider fair.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

I agree with teejaytee, lee and bbass have no value..  Just look at what houston took for lee last year (a bunch of dleague scrubs, jjj etc) and that was BEFORE his down year.

Asik was  a double double machine last year. They are not going to give him up for scraps.  Maybe a trade of hump, abradley and 2 1sts, would get it done.  Houston is in a win now mode, so they  dont value late 1st round picks. At least with ab they get a top defender who can help defend the opponents best permiter player, which would ease the burden on james harden and lin for 20-25 mpg.

Thats a trade that I would STILL consider fair.

Thats not valid. Lee was a free agent ... we did a S&T. Give me one scenerio in which a team conducting a S&T came out with real assets.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

that's true for every single celtics not named Rondo. and what is Asik? he certainly isn't a super star. he would help the C's be a mediocre team, keep them away from the lottery, and get knocked out of the first round in the playoffs... no thanks!!! maybe after the season i would do the deal, but not before or during this season. this season is lost... get over it.

This is a stupid discussion.  O.K.  Yes, I would trade BB and CL for Asik.  In reality, would Houston makes this trade?  No f'ing way!  O.K. onto R9R's next heavily lopsided green-colored-glasses trade scenario - Ummmmmm, Avery Bradley for James Harden?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

that's true for every single celtics not named Rondo. and what is Asik? he certainly isn't a super star. he would help the C's be a mediocre team, keep them away from the lottery, and get knocked out of the first round in the playoffs... no thanks!!! maybe after the season i would do the deal, but not before or during this season. this season is lost... get over it.

This is a stupid discussion.  O.K.  Yes, I would trade BB and CL for Asik.  In reality, would Houston makes this trade?  No f'ing way!  O.K. onto R9R's next heavily lopsided green-colored-glasses trade scenario - Ummmmmm, Avery Bradley for James Harden?

I hear ya TeeJayTee! All "Green" all the time..........How bout straight from the "Green mile"......Stupid is as stupid does!!! How fitting.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I hear ya TeeJayTee! All "Green" all the time..........How bout straight from the "Green mile"......Stupid is as stupid does!!! How fitting.....

One of my fave quotes of all time...YA CAN'T FIX STUPID...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Asik & Lin for Rondo(@ any point this year). No playoffs for 3 three yrs. -no superlative performances from the non-chosen one. You think it was hard motivating him(unless he had a distinct personality transplant, think Dahmer) during the 'championship window', imagine his performance while we're doormats. Too many give his work ethic too much credit. He'll be content getting back to his old athletic self, never mind working on fundamentals. Who are we kidding. End of discussion. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to iamspuriousbabe's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

One of my fave quotes of all time...YA CAN'T FIX STUPID...

LMFAO!!! You are crazy dude!

Sections
Shortcuts