A POSITIVE POST: I liked what I saw last night!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

A POSITIVE POST: I liked what I saw last night!!

Listen, ya'll need a reminder that things aint so bad... This was the Miami Heat. Clear Favorites. Recent Champions - who GOT BETTER! And, lets be honest, that whole team showed up last night and was on fire. They were vibing from the love-fest ring ceremony. It was a special night for them.

And a WEIRD night for us:

• KG was dealing with troubling emotions about the whole Game7 Loss, Ring Ceremony, and Treasonous Ray situation. He looked boderline Heinson out there. He was raging, not focused and not on his game. He said that everything was a blur - I think that he had to wall up in his own head and that hurt his ability to gel with our team
    • It was a weird night for Jeff - who having to sit by and watch our team lose in game 7 on the sideline - having to come back and live up to all the hype - and having to re-start his NBA career in that setting against the best team in the league - couldn't handle it.
    • It was a weird night for Sullinger - who could have been a better assett for us in that game and will be in the spring - with limited minutes as a rookie.
    • We didn't have Wilcox or Darko to single-handedly hold down the paint when we go small and KG needs rest
    • We didn't have Avery who ABSOLUTELY would not have allowed Wade to be the top scorer of the night

But we did see glimpses of a healthy and dominant Pierce, a burst from JET, double-doubles from Rondo & Bass. And you HAVE to be happy that Barbosa can still soar up and down the court, come off 3-quarters of bench warming and bring instant offense, and he is our 5th string guard! Lets rejoice - with all the factors working against us we kept it close and brought it to a 4pt game. What happened last night is that the entire league witnessed the top two teams in the East displaying just how good and dominant they are, while the "favorites" in the West lost to a mixed bag of free-agents with expiring contracts without their best two players, with hopes of just being able to sqeeze into the playoffs.

I am proud of out teams effort, and their post-game attitude of self-reflection and the need to continue to get better as a team and work on Defense, as five of our players are still new to the team and schemes.

THE ROAD TO 18 STARTED WITH A TOUGH LOSS - SO WHAT, WHO CARES? - BE HAPPY!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: A POSITIVE POST: I liked what I saw last night!!

If you take out the stupid Miama vendetta part, I saw a team that is much more talented than last years team and loads of potential. It usually dont come to fruition in the 1st game so Im Cool. I still love the team as much as I did last week.

Anyone else is just being unrealistic or their expectations were too high...imo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I believe we now know what kind of a team the Celts will try to be this year.  When you have this deep a bench, you make the game longer.  Run, score quicker, play many more possessions.  I have some concerns about how that will affect the defensive mindset.  But it will be an entirely different style of play from previous years.  And the players will adjust at different pace.

My concern is that there is not enough high quality talent to make this scheme elite.  That is why I keep harping on one more trade.  Otherwise the Celts will stay a notch below Miami.  In any case, this has the makings of a special season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe we now know what kind of a team the Celts will try to be this year.  When you have this deep a bench, you make the game longer.  Run, score quicker, play many more possessions.  I have some concerns about how that will affect the defensive mindset.  But it will be an entirely different style of play from previous years.  And the players will adjust at different pace.

My concern is that there is not enough high quality talent to make this scheme elite.  That is why I keep harping on one more trade.  Otherwise the Celts will stay a notch below Miami.  In any case, this has the makings of a special season.

[/QUOTE]

I think you'll find out that we are plenty equipped for this type of play. I can't wait until Bradley is back because his new repuation brings a sense of competitiveness with the guards on our team of who can be the best shut down defender. Rondo is good if he tries, Lee is good. JET and Barbosa will push his defensive abilities in order to stay on the floor

Good defensive on the small ball teams is really dependant on the guards. They got to be vigilant, take away the open outside shots, and stop drives into the paint.

But back to your point: What player would complete our team? And which pieces would you let go?

A BBass for JSmith is a pipe dream. Danny won't move Paul, Kevin, or Rondo. What can we honestly get for a Bass, Lee, Melo trade that would make such a difference?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you'll find out that we are plenty equipped for this type of play. I can't wait until Bradley is back because his new repuation brings a sense of competitiveness with the guards on our team of who can be the best shut down defender. Rondo is good if he tries, Lee is good. JET and Barbosa will push his defensive abilities in order to stay on the floor

Good defensive on the small ball teams is really dependant on the guards. They got to be vigilant, take away the open outside shots, and stop drives into the paint.

But back to your point: What player would complete our team? And which pieces would you let go?

A BBass for JSmith is a pipe dream. Danny won't move Paul, Kevin, or Rondo. What can we honestly get for a Bass, Lee, Melo trade that would make such a difference?

[/QUOTE]

Josh Smith could be a pipe dream.  Al Horford may be less of a pipe dream. Derrick Williams could be tried for.

To become elite the Celts need one more player that will bring a higher level of the combination of offensive creativity and defensive ability.  Otherwise making the game longer will not make them elite.  Making the game longer means KG's, Paul's and Rondo's influence also decreases.  The Celts can win a lot but, barring injury issues in Miami, will stay a notch below Miami.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Agree 100%, we have too many guards, as much as i like Bradley, i would move him if it would bring in a JSmith or a player of that caliber. Bradley, Bass and someone to make the money work, may would get it done!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

It wasn't bad looking at it today. I agree that we need another high end talent in order to compete with Miami. The depth is great and an improvement over last year. They may have to make a trade and pick up one more star.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

If this Cs team can remain healthy and get Bradley back healthy, then I think they will have a great exciting year without a doubt. This Cs team can be deadly if they run the ball and keep fresh bodies coming and going off the court. I like this team chances. GO Cs 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Agreed! I think we will be seeing more of CW in the very near future.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want a power forward on the floor at all time. Jeff Green is NOT a power forward.

Otherwise the other team will shoot layups and dunks all night long, which is exactly what happened.

Going small never works.

[/QUOTE]

It won Miami a title last year. So going small certianly can work. Also, Jeff Green green is as much of a power Forward as james Posey was. Not to mention (this is the key fact you seem to be missing) Lebron james plays power forward for the heat. meaning the two best players to matchup with him are Pierce and Green. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Listen, ya'll need a reminder that things aint so bad... This was the Miami Heat. Clear Favorites. Recent Champions - who GOT BETTER! And, lets be honest, that whole team showed up last night and was on fire. They were vibing from the love-fest ring ceremony. It was a special night for them.

And a WEIRD night for us:

• KG was dealing with troubling emotions about the whole Game7 Loss, Ring Ceremony, and Treasonous Ray situation. He looked boderline Heinson out there. He was raging, not focused and not on his game. He said that everything was a blur - I think that he had to wall up in his own head and that hurt his ability to gel with our team
    • It was a weird night for Jeff - who having to sit by and watch our team lose in game 7 on the sideline - having to come back and live up to all the hype - and having to re-start his NBA career in that setting against the best team in the league - couldn't handle it.
    • It was a weird night for Sullinger - who could have been a better assett for us in that game and will be in the spring - with limited minutes as a rookie.
    • We didn't have Wilcox or Darko to single-handedly hold down the paint when we go small and KG needs rest
    • We didn't have Avery who ABSOLUTELY would not have allowed Wade to be the top scorer of the night

But we did see glimpses of a healthy and dominant Pierce, a burst from JET, double-doubles from Rondo & Bass. And you HAVE to be happy that Barbosa can still soar up and down the court, come off 3-quarters of bench warming and bring instant offense, and he is our 5th string guard! Lets rejoice - with all the factors working against us we kept it close and brought it to a 4pt game. What happened last night is that the entire league witnessed the top two teams in the East displaying just how good and dominant they are, while the "favorites" in the West lost to a mixed bag of free-agents with expiring contracts without their best two players, with hopes of just being able to sqeeze into the playoffs.

I am proud of out teams effort, and their post-game attitude of self-reflection and the need to continue to get better as a team and work on Defense, as five of our players are still new to the team and schemes.

THE ROAD TO 18 STARTED WITH A TOUGH LOSS - SO WHAT, WHO CARES? - BE HAPPY!

[/QUOTE]

Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I saw flashes of what the Celtics will become by year end.  The "best point in the Association, bar none" having a subpar game with 20 points, 13 assists and 7 rebounds, and the Celtics were still in the game at the end.  Looking forward to team hitting their stride in coming weeks.  Until then,

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Like a positive post after a tough loss, thanks for that. It's how you respond to defeat that defines you. 

I liked this too:  :) 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like a positive post after a tough loss, thanks for that. It's how you respond to defeat that defines you. 

I liked this too:  :) 

[/QUOTE]

Where can I get one of those???  Except it says Wade!!!

Sections
Shortcuts