a possible problem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

a possible problem

Shaq is playing great right now and I think a part of it has to do with Rondo's ability to distribute easily when the weapons are in position.  What happens when Perk comes back and Shaq's not receiving the benefit of Rajon's court vision?  I mean, hopefully D West comes back in good shape and can make the timely pass but do you think Shaq will lose some of the fire he's been showing when he's not playing with Rondo?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: a possible problem

certainly everyone who plays with a point guard who is playing like rondo has so far this season benefits in the way shaq has been benefiting.

with no second string point guard as good as rondo any second string center is not is not going to receive so many easy scoring opportunities.

i have a feeling that perkins might not be totally ready to play at 100% as soon as he might like.  his injury was pretty serious.  shaq may just have to be the starter all year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

It's all good.  As far as I'm concerned, the more depth in the frontcourt, the more our bigs can go all out when they're in the game.
    Shaq's been the big shamrock and now he's the big plus.  Remember reading those articles during the preseason on how he might not fit in or slow down the offense or not play D?  Think opposite.
    Perk's a beast on D, no question about it.  JON not to shabbby there either.
    Add KG and Semih and I find myself looking forward to a big green sequoia forest come the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shaq will play as much or more than Perk whenever he comes back.  His play as a starter seems assured or major minutes on a second team.  This guy will score at will when delivered the ball.  Perk will play minutes when Shaq is tired or defense is needed, but let's be real how would Shaq not play over Perkins.  Perkins is a role player and a good one but he is a turnover machine. The other is one of the greatest big men ever to play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

When the games matter Shaq will be playing 20-24 mins, Perk 16-20 mins and Rondo 40... so I'm pretty sure he'll be out there enough with both big men

I'm guessing the KG-Baby frontcourt duo will remain for like 8 mins a game?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

When push comes to shove, Perk is the player when the chips are down and a stop is needed, he is the better center.  WE winn with defense and shack brings it sometimes but perk brings it most of the time.  JO could be our best center because of his defense from the weak side and his ability to score.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Another possible problem is the Celtics might not get to avenge last year's loss to the Lakers. The Spurs are getting in the way. Ugh!

HAHAHA!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: a possible problem:
    [QUOTE]Another possible problem is the Celtics might not get to avenge last year's loss to the Lakers. The Spurs are getting in the way. Ugh! HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

BRING ON WHOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

When Perk is 100% I bring him off the bench unless SHAQ is hurt!!!!  We need more defense on the second unit.  West, Nate and BBD can score and what ever we get from Quis will be gravy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: a possible problem : BRING ON WHOEVER!!!!!!!!!!! When Perk is 100% I bring him off the bench unless SHAQ is hurt!!!!  We need more defense on the second unit.  West, Nate and BBD can score and what ever we get from Quis will be gravy!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

If the Celtics face the Spurs in the Finals the Cs are going to need Perk. But if it's the Lakers, Perk doesn't even have to dress for the games. Whew!Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: a possible problem : BRING ON WHOEVER!!!!!!!!!!! When Perk is 100% I bring him off the bench unless SHAQ is hurt!!!!  We need more defense on the second unit.  West, Nate and BBD can score and what ever we get from Quis will be gravy!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    I think bringing Perk off the bench is a good idea, even if just for a little while.  But I don't see Doc doing it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think the first unit has enough firepower.  Maybe if everybody's struggling you put shaq in at about 7min left in the first.  But most nights I think the 1st team stays with Perk as long as he's healthy and playing solid D.

This is a long time from now, and I'd be surprised and tickled pink if shaq could stay healthy that long.  More likely we'll see shaq go down for a while and JO will be called on for that time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its a no brainer to me. Shaq is by far the better center and should start. End of story.

Shaq rebounds better, scores better, hustles as good if not better, causes opposing teams to get into foul trouble almost always which is a huge factor for us.

Perk offers none of these attributes but is rather a liability most times in those categories.

Yea, Perk plays good D and that shouldnt be discounted but...

Do you really think Perk is better than what we've seen from Shaq this season? NO WAY!

Perks game, if anything, has gone backwards the last couple years. Now coming off a serious knee injury he wont even be that good.  Perk works better with the 2nd unit.. With Nate, BBD & Quis, we have enough firepower to afford a defensive center.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Shaq at 38 still knows how to finish, and he now has a PG who can get him the ball right where he likes it.  When Perk comes back he'll deal with getting himself in shape and if the C's can have a rotation of Perk, Shaq, JO and Erden, that would be hard to top. 

Sections
Shortcuts