A prophet....NOT Chicken Little

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

Re: A prophet....NOT Chicken Little

didnt you beat this hornets team with the Rapist, odumb and gasoft, who was out for you Bynumb, thats no excuse, Bynumb has always been irrelevant. Your post is irrelevant, if the Celtics had KG, Rondo, West or the whole crew in tact, you think the hornets would stand a chance. did you just come out of the bathroom after shtting your guts out eating greasy tacos and you dropped some brains cells in the process?????????

Go sit somewhere with your Tim Donaghey NBA Ref assissted Cheating team you Fraud you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Yep! you'll see sky is falling soon!!

We'll see what thread Fierce(P34), One & Bias will invent this time.
    These are the big 3 know it all poster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: A prophet....NOT Chicken Little:
    [QUOTE]didnt you beat this hornets team with the Rapist, odumb and gasoft, who was out for you Bynumb, thats no excuse, Bynumb has always been irrelevant. Your post is irrelevant, if the Celtics had KG, Rondo, West or the whole crew in tact, you think the hornets would stand a chance. did you just come out of the bathroom after shtting your guts out eating greasy tacos and you dropped some brains cells in the process????????? Go sit somewhere with your Tim Donaghey NBA Ref assissted Cheating team you Fraud you.
    Posted by celticsboy11[/QUOTE]

That's my point. That's BEEN my point during the month of December. The Lakers are nearly at full strength...injuries are taking their toll on the Celtics. Your team IS NOT going to roll through the rest of the NBA like you "sunshine pumpers" thought.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A prophet....NOT Chicken Little : That's my point. That's BEEN my point during the month of December. The Lakers are nearly at full strength...injuries are taking their toll on the Celtics. Your team IS NOT going to roll through the rest of the NBA like you "sunshine pumpers" thought.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

I am still trying to find out your purpose of coming here to post your irrelevant jibberish nonsense. Here you have your team, looking like the Biggest Fraud in the NBa for a supposedly "Elite" team, you're losing back to back to back to back games, barely getting by bad teams on your soft girlie men schedule, Dallas and the Spurs pretty much looks like they have the Western conference on lock but yet, you're all the way over here telling us about our team????????? Practice what you preach taco boy, IT IS DECEMBER, we have some injuries and when we get back at full strength, remember what you saw during the first 25 games, thats the bulldozer you're going to see again. Miami could be cruising now but they too could be hit with an injury bug down the line and derail their chances at staying dominant, so what the phuk is your problem.

Seriously man, this post is complete utter garbage. The only dam way your Fraudulent, Cheating azz team gets past the Spurs and Mavs this year is if your Refs continue to pull a con job and My money says they will. I mean it wholeheartedly when I say that the Los Angeles Lakers team are NBA Cheats after that con job your refs pulled on us last year in game 7. I have no respect for your Lakers or your fans anymore. Your Lakers do not win games convincingly, its always the benefit of Referee calls that helps you win games whereas other teams lay down swift beatings.

Go back to your L.A boards and worry about the Mavs and Spurs, you Fraud you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to A prophet....NOT Chicken Little:
    [QUOTE]That's what I am. Some of you (I'm looking at YOU P34!) apparently thought I, and some of my fellow Laker posters, would start yelling "THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!" after a few Laker losses. We in Laker nation know it's not. And as I told you, on this forum, "it's not even the end of December...the Lakers will be fine". Bynum is once again starting and the rest of the team is gaining more and more confidence. I also said that injuries would eventually take their toll. So now the Celtics have lost 3 of their last 4...due to INJURIES. I guess that kinda makes me a prophet. Some of you thought the C's were just gonna "roll through the rest of the NBA". Well, it doesn't work that way. I told you this would all even out. Now you need to worry about keeping "home court" against the Heat. BTW, that Hornets team is the same one the Lakers "beat down" IN New Orleans. Your C's couldn't beat them AT home. The C's are going to struggle with some of the lesser teams just like the Lakers do...and the Mavs do...and the Heat does. It should be interesting to see how they do when they start facing the Western Conference teams in January. With all the extra minutes that the "older" Celtics are logging, I wonder who'll be the next to go down. It's gonna happen. And OUR back-up center, Theo Ratliff...he'll be back soon and contributing some "rest" minutes for Bynum and Gasol. In fact, he's our ONLY player on injured reserve. Some of you (I'm looking at YOU P34!) laughed when the Lakers traded for him. He's gonna do exactly what he was signed to do...to "spell" Bynum and Gasol, rebound and play some defense. That's all we need him to do.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

I ask you this every time you post and you never answer.  Why do you always say it's "just December" for the Lakers but you feel you know what is going to happen the whole year for the Celtics.  You do it ever post.  It's bizarre man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to A prophet....NOT Chicken Little : I ask you this every time you post and you never answer.  Why do you always say it's "just December" for the Lakers but you feel you know what is going to happen the whole year for the Celtics.  You do it ever post.  It's bizarre man.
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

I keep reminding all the Celtic sunshine pumpers that it's only December because most of them are already preparing for the Championship parade, while at the same time, are burying the Lakers. You don't win ANYTHING in December. Most of you were "giddy" about the C's record in December, but must have forgotten what happened after that last year. Injuries last year AND this year are piling up and that once "pristine" December record is beginning to lose it's luster. Most on this board have already penciled in either San Antonio or Dallas in the Championship game. Once again, their December record means nothing come the playoffs. Nowitzki, Rondo and Garnett are having an impact on their teams because of their injuries. The Lakers started the season with Bynum hurt and Theo Ratliff joined him...those two were impacting the Lakers season in December. As soon as Ratliff comes off the injured list, we won't have one player hurt.

The Celtics injury history the past two years would lead one to worry how they'll finish the regular season. Your trainers room looks like a MASH unit. Your teams "core" players are obviously older than the Lakers. (Some like to compare the Lakers and Celts roster ages, but it's the CORE players that REALLY count.) Bynum is still growing into his body, so we believe his injuries will become less of a factor than someone like Garnett who is really showing the wear and tear on his body.

To get back to your question, I really have no idea how the Celtics season plays out. But I do know the history of both our teams...and injuries seem to have decimated the C's a lot more than the Lakers the last few years. To his credit, Doc has done a good job of managing injuries, but as you all know, one untimely injury (Perk) can derail your season. Although, in my opinion, Perkins wouldn't have made the difference last year because Bynum negated him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Q, you sure are entitled to your opinion my friend.....we'll see how it all plays out...Happy New Year buddy!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A prophet....NOT Chicken Little : Deja Vu...didn't we see this LAST YEAR?! And what happened after that...the injury bug struck and your C's "limped" into the playoffs. Well, your boys are another year older and those fossils won't be bouncing back like they did when they were in their 20's. "WAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! The refs are CHEATING AGAIN!!" You guys sound like a broken record. I've seen so many phantom calls in favor of the Celtics THIS YEAR and LAST YEAR. It goes both ways junior. You clowns are STILL bitter over having a 3-2 finals lead and then BLOWING IT in the seventh game! (That WAS SWEET!) Most of the talking heads have said the same thing that I have...with Bynum back and healthy, the Lakers are STILL the team to beat in the West. We're not worried about the Spurs or Mavs. In a 7 game series, the Lakers have the weapons to beat ANYONE. And as you pointed out, they will ALSO have their fair share of injuries. BTW, jibberish is spelled... g-i-b-b-e-r-i-s-h. Must be that New England edumacation.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]
    I have to disagree with your "phantom calls" comment. For the Lakers, Kobe gets every call possible, same with Lebron. It is akin to Peyton Manning or Brady calling for PI calls in the NFL, it's automatic. Shaq gets no calls, because of his size he sends bodies flying around easily and the refs assume foul. Garnett, Perkins (when healthy), Davis, and Pierce tend to give the refs a lot of grief so they are even less inclined to give them calls. Evidence of this is in the last 2 games of the finals with the ridiculous free throw count. 

Another thing, on second thought the Celts have gotten some phantom calls this year but basically all on "make up" calls.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"guess that kinda makes me a prophet."

No. It makes you master of the obvious. 

Did you predict Delonte's injury? No. Did you say Rondo would sprain his ankle? No. 

You predicted an older team would have some injury issues. Wooooow. That was exactly the plan going into the season. 

Meantime, you are hanging some hopes on Theo Ratliff. That gave me a good laugh. 

I always thought the Lakers would compete in the west for one of the top spots, and they are in it just as I thought. Does that make me a prophet? I thought Bynum would struggle with injuries and he has - wow I'm a genius. 

What you need to be worried about is that for this Lakers team to actually advance to the finals and win, this has to become Pau Gasol's team, not Kobe's. (until the last five minutes of the game). After a hot start where Kobe laid low and let Pao do his thing, Kobe has resumed his role of jacking up too many bad shots. 

Oh hey, while we're at it, did you predict that Lamar Odom would be strongly considered as an all star? I didn't think so. How about that Jordan Farmar would have a surprisingly good year once he left the Lakes? Didn't think so. 

Here's what I predict: I predict that the Lakers will lose in the Western Conf finals to San Antonio. And I predict you won't be man enough to come in here when they do and take your lumps. Have fun trolling on other fans' boards mr obvious!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Q, you sure are entitled to your opinion my friend.....we'll see how it all plays out...Happy New Year buddy!!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Duke, you're one of the FEW on this board who remains civil. We don't have to agree, but I respect your opinion.

Have a safe and Happy New Year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A prophet....NOT Chicken Little : I have to disagree with your "phantom calls" comment. For the Lakers, Kobe gets every call possible, same with Lebron. It is akin to Peyton Manning or Brady calling for PI calls in the NFL, it's automatic. Shaq gets no calls, because of his size he sends bodies flying around easily and the refs assume foul. Garnett, Perkins (when healthy), Davis, and Pierce tend to give the refs a lot of grief so they are even less inclined to give them calls. Evidence of this is in the last 2 games of the finals with the ridiculous free throw count.  Another thing, on second thought the Celts have gotten some phantom calls this year but basically all on "make up" calls.
    Posted by b12696[/QUOTE]

Come on "b", you know as well as I do that Pierce gets a ton of calls. Yeah, he gets denied some because of his mouth, but I've seen him (and other Celtics) given a free pass. Shaq was getting  a lot of calls early in his career cause he also got the "superstar" treatment...but not so much now. Part of that is because, as you said, bodies go flying. And his slow movement allows the refs to see ALL the action near him.

The refs are what they are...bad all across the board. I've learned to live with it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Q, re refs:  Bad across the board is a good description.   Every game, I see some horrendous calls and its equally bad for all teams.  On any given night, they affect some more than others but the only people who CONSISTENLY get certain calls are Lebron and Dwade.  I've learned to live with it as well for all players except those two, especially Lebron.  Kobe can get hammered with no call, same for Pierce, Melo, Duncan, etc.  But, Lebron can literally barrel right over people and they foul is too often on the defender.  I attribute it to the style of play Lebron has - the refs just can't keep up.  Its like them not knowing how to ref Shaq in his first 10 years - what was offensive fouls by him vs people hanging on him?

So while I agree with your contention that Celts get calls just like the Lakers (except game 7 last year where it was unbalanced) and all other teams.....I think Lebron is the most favored right now.

By the way, I'm not crying about last year's game 7 loss due to refs.  We rebounded terribly and couldn't hit a shot.  That's why we lost.  But, that being said....the calls were clearly lopsided.  We just should have overcome that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]" guess that kinda makes me a prophet." No. It makes you master of the obvious.  Did you predict Delonte's injury? No. Did you say Rondo would sprain his ankle? No.  You predicted an older team would have some injury issues. Wooooow. That was exactly the plan going into the season.  Meantime, you are hanging some hopes on Theo Ratliff. That gave me a good laugh.  I always thought the Lakers would compete in the west for one of the top spots, and they are in it just as I thought. Does that make me a prophet? I thought Bynum would struggle with injuries and he has - wow I'm a genius.  What you need to be worried about is that for this Lakers team to actually advance to the finals and win, this has to become Pau Gasol's team, not Kobe's. (until the last five minutes of the game). After a hot start where Kobe laid low and let Pao do his thing, Kobe has resumed his role of jacking up too many bad shots.  Oh hey, while we're at it, did you predict that Lamar Odom would be strongly considered as an all star? I didn't think so. How about that Jordan Farmar would have a surprisingly good year once he left the Lakes? Didn't think so.  Here's what I predict: I predict that the Lakers will lose in the Western Conf finals to San Antonio. And I predict you won't be man enough to come in here when they do and take your lumps. Have fun trolling on other fans' boards mr obvious!
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I pointed out the obvious to the highly delusional Celtics fan base who are already making plans for hanging banner 18. Highly unlikely.

Theo Ratliff wasn't brought in to be a savior. He knows it, Phil knows it, and everybody in LA knows it. He was brought in for a specific role. I had to laugh at some of the players the C's brought in. Shaq and JON haven't scared anybody. Nate remains inconsistent. We're more than happy with our bench versus the C's bench.

As far as Farmar, I've watched his career since he was playing at Taft High, so many of us ALWAYS believed he would be a solid player...like Aaron Afflalo, or Gilbert Arenas, or Baron Davis, etc., etc. A lot of our area kids play at a VERY HIGH level in Los Angeles. He just needed a place to play where he wasn't backing a future hall of famer.

Like I said, many of you Boston fans have tried burying the Lakers (probably cause most of you DON'T want to see the Lakers tie the C's at 17) in the early part of the season. Even if the Lakers don't win home court against the Spurs or Mavs, they have the talent and experience to take a 7 game series in the West. The Spurs have been lucky so far in that they haven't had any serious injury...yet! But as I said, it's still early and all things will even out. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, one thing is at odds with most Celtic prophets about injuries to our older players.

It struck me odd but as of today... the only players not suiting up for the C's are Rondo, KG, Perk & DWest... 3 young players and only 1 older player. 

Whod a thunk it??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Actually you are a henny penny. We're just fine thank you this is all part of the process. If we lose a few games in Dec-Jan and our rooks and end of bench get some PT and some confidence of Doc and our guys don't rush to get back too soon. In March when we have Perk,West,KG,Rondo and both the Oneals, we'll see whose going to be worried for real.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

injuries are a part of the game.....every team has them.  Its not unique to the Celts due to age.

Lakers had it with Bynum some of Kobe's injuries last year.  Spurs had Manu and Tony not at 100% last 2 years (and look at them now when they are healthy).  Dallas has Dick, Butler, and Marion out right now.  Bogut's injury really hurt Milwaukee last year and Okur's injury really hurt Utah this year.  Miami had Wade hurt earlier this year.  We won't even talk about Yao!!! 

Happens to everyone.  Gotta play through it.  it doesn't make you a prophet to say that a team will experience injuries. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Qdaddy,
    You should be a little more concerned about what is going on in your own conference.  The Lakers would not look to be the favorite against the Spurs now and even the Mavericks look like they would have their way with your Lakers.

The Thunder looked almost ready to beat you guys as well last year. I predict the Lakers will not even be in the finals for us to beat you guys next year. Really try to be objective the Lakers have played into the finals the last three years and it has taken a real toll.  The Lakers are going to get hammered by somebody in their own division.  Kobe is not a leader and you will see them start to implode as they reach the end of the season. I will take back at least some of this prediction if the league bails out the Lakers by letting them get Chris Paul.  Which will get  them in the finals. The league is that corrupt that they will help the Lakers by dismantling the Hornets and having them give up nothing of comparable value.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Like I said, good things happen when Qdaddy is around. Tonight Celtics win and Lakers lose at home.

HAHAHA!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

qdaddy,

let the haters hate, because you are right, there should be a lot to look forward to in tinsel town. after all this season: you've been blown out three straight, beat the clippers and the sixers by a total of five points and have lost to the grizz twice. really impressive.

please stop embarrassing yourself with your "things will even out" crap. worry more about the west because you wont be visiting boston in the spring. right now the best team in la are the clippers. sleep well.

Sections
Shortcuts