A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court

let us take a looky-see at the last five minutes of that horrible lakers game.  and, yes, it's really on how rondo is sagged off of, the lakers ability to get away with that and dictate the celtics going away from their normal way of running the offense RUINED THE GAME FOR THE WHOLE TEAM

Here’s a rundown of every Boston possession from the five-minute mark until the game was out of reach in the last minute:

• 4:35: Boston has Paul Pierce set a screen for Rondo at the foul line with the goal of drawing a switch. It works, and Pierce isolates with Bryant on his back. The Lakers double-team Pierce, who kicks to Kevin Garnett for a long jumper. It misses.

• 4:20: Boston grabs the offensive rebound and resets. It runs a Pierce/Garnett pick-and-pop. The Lakers double Pierce, who again kicks to Garnett on the perimeter. Garnett passes on the J and tries to beat Pau Gasol off the dribble. He misses an awkward runner. Garnett working off the dribble from 20 feet out is not exactly on page 1 of Boston’s playbook.

• 4:02: Boston grabs another offensive board and gets the ball out of bounds after Bryant fouls Glen Davis. After the inbounds, Rondo holds the ball on the perimeter, waiting for Ray Allen to post up Derek Fisher on the right block. Allen gets Fisher on his back, takes the pass from Rondo, backs down Fisher and misses a tough but makeable leaner.

• 3:28: Another Pierce/KG pick-and-roll, this time on the right side, and Pierce loses the ball on his drive to the rim. Rondo does not touch the ball.

• 3:02: Out of a timeout, Rivers calls for Pierce to get the ball on the left wing and pass to Garnett inside after KG takes a screen along the baseline. The Lakers foul Garnett before he can shoot. Rondo’s job on the play? Stand still at the top of the arc with the ball and pass it to Pierce.

• 2:54: Boston runs a Pierce/Davis pick-and-roll on the left side as Rondo roves along the right side, totally uncovered. The C’s swing the ball around, and it eventually gets to Rondo, who nails an open 20-footer. Again: Rondo as finisher, not creator.

• 2:25: Boston has Allen set a screen for Pierce at the top of the arc as Rondo hangs out in the right corner. Pierce drives and dishes to Davis, who makes a layup.

• 1:35: Boston calls the same Pierce/Allen play. The Lakers contain it, forcing Boston to swing the ball around again. Rondo (with Kobe again ignoring him) flashes to the lane, takes a pass from Garnett and lays it in, plus the foul. Again, Rondo plays the role of finisher.

Unquote

Read the whole article and weap, Rondo lovers.  I am not a Rondo hater, but am dang tired of waiting for this kid to stop being a liability.  The lakers gave us YET ANOTHER TASTE of the NBA FINALS from last year, during which RONDO FELL TO PIECES IN GAMES 3-7, and WE LOST in a most MISERABLE and EXCRUCIATING fashion. 

The truth is, poor rebounding bigs and all, we should have won in 5 games if Rondo remained a functional NON-LIABILITY point guard as he was in Games 1 and 2 of the series.

Here's the whole article

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/02/11/lakers-masterfully-disrupt-bostons-offense/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court

you'll likely be proven right or wrong come playoff time, acie. either way, i hope it creates a dilemma for you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Re: A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court

In Response to A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court:
    let us take a looky-see at the last five minutes of that horrible lakers game.  and, yes, it's really on how rondo is sagged off of, the lakers ability to get away with that and dictate the celtics going away from their normal way of running the offense RUINED THE GAME FOR THE WHOLE TEAM Quote Here’s a rundown of every Boston possession from the five-minute mark until the game was out of reach in the last minute: • 4:35: Boston has Paul Pierce set a screen for Rondo at the foul line with the goal of drawing a switch. It works, and Pierce isolates with Bryant on his back. The Lakers double-team Pierce , who kicks to Kevin Garnett for a long jumper. It misses. • 4:20: Boston grabs the offensive rebound and resets. It runs a Pierce/Garnett pick-and-pop. The Lakers double Pierce, who again kicks to Garnett on the perimeter. Garnett passes on the J and tries to beat Pau Gasol off the dribble. He misses an awkward runner . Garnett working off the dribble from 20 feet out is not exactly on page 1 of Boston’s playbook. • 4:02: Boston grabs another offensive board and gets the ball out of bounds after Bryant fouls Glen Davis. After the inbounds, Rondo holds the ball on the perimeter, waiting for Ray Allen to post up Derek Fisher on the right block. Allen gets Fisher on his back, takes the pass from Rondo, backs down Fisher and misses a tough but makeable leaner. • 3:28: Another Pierce/KG pick-and-roll, this time on the right side, and Pierce loses the ball on his drive to the rim. Rondo does not touch the ball. • 3:02: Out of a timeout, Rivers calls for Pierce to get the ball on the left wing and pass to Garnett inside after KG takes a screen along the baseline. The Lakers foul Garnett before he can shoot. Rondo’s job on the play? Stand still at the top of the arc with the ball and pass it to Pierce. • 2:54: Boston runs a Pierce/Davis pick-and-roll on the left side as Rondo roves along the right side, totally uncovered. The C’s swing the ball around, and it eventually gets to Rondo, who nails an open 20-footer. Again: Rondo as finisher, not creator. • 2:25: Boston has Allen set a screen for Pierce at the top of the arc as Rondo hangs out in the right corner . Pierce drives and dishes to Davis, who makes a layup. • 1:35: Boston calls the same Pierce/Allen play. The Lakers contain it, forcing Boston to swing the ball around again. Rondo (with Kobe again ignoring him) flashes to the lane, takes a pass from Garnett and lays it in, plus the foul. Again, Rondo plays the role of finisher. Unquote Read the whole article and weap, Rondo lovers.  I am not a Rondo hater, but am dang tired of waiting for this kid to stop being a liability.  The lakers gave us YET ANOTHER TASTE of the NBA FINALS from last year, during which RONDO FELL TO PIECES IN GAMES 3-7, and WE LOST in a most MISERABLE and EXCRUCIATING fashion.  The truth is, poor rebounding bigs and all, we should have won in 5 games if Rondo remained a functional NON-LIABILITY point guard as he was in Games 1 and 2 of the series. Here's the whole article http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/02/11/lakers-masterfully-disrupt-bostons-offense/
    Posted by aciemvp

Did these same things happen in the Boston win in LA?  I must have missed your analysis of the last 5 minutes of that game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court:
    In Response to A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court : Did these same things happen in the Boston win in LA?  I must have missed your analysis of the last 5 minutes of that game.
    Posted by Icon11

When the Big Three are shooting lights out, as they did in the recent victory in LA, this strategy isn't deployed. Nothing works. The C's are going to win.

This strategy is useful at crunch time in close games.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court:
    In Response to Re: A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court : When the Big Three are shooting lights out, as they did in the recent victory in LA, this strategy isn't deployed. Nothing works. The C's are going to win. This strategy is useful at crunch time in close games. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

So if the big three aren't shooting well is this Rondo's fault?  Color me confused.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Good point Pud, you probably don't want me to add that the reason we won going away was Rondo's play in the second half.  But it was.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court : Did these same things happen in the Boston win in LA?  I must have missed your analysis of the last 5 minutes of that game.
    Posted by Icon11

ike- if you bother to catch my angle- it remains the same. 

if rondo remains aggressive, even if he's not shooting the ball well from outside, then he can STILL be effective.

if you knew me by now, you'd know that my context in nearly 100% of my comments is regarding PLAYOFF BASKETBALL and our CHANCES for success.

the fact that a couple nights ago rondo allowed kobe to do the SAME sag that dragged down our offense and killed us games 3-7 in the finals last year is not acceptable.

i am not a binary man, icon.  that is over-simplistic.  we are, after all, talking about a five year veteran, "all star" point guard, who remains a sinking ship liability some nights in the league for this team, still yet.  but at the same time, rondo does not need to have a fundamentally complete game to have games where he still can be dominant and/or effective.  but the one thing in the formula that is the key is if rondo becomes passive, just like if ANYONE becomes passive, at doing ANY job, then big problems result.

are my expectations of consistent aggressiveness and an ongoing development of sound fundamentals unreasonable?  or should this not be happening?

i have said in recent posts that rondo had a VERY GOOD week worth of games recently, like he should be playing all the time, and since has regressed into the non-aggressive nightmare that this team could do without.

all i want is consistency and aggressiveness and to never see kobe piggybacking double teaming ray, paul and kg again because kobe can GET AWAY WITH IGNORING RONDO.  that's all.  i must be crazy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

You aren't crazy man you make very good points.  But with that said you are a tad obsessive about Rondo.  Ray Allen had an absolute horrific series against the Lakers last year but you don't extrapolate that out and say that he will do it again this year, yet you do with Rondo over and over again.

He is part of the problem and he is also part of the solution. ON the whole team Pierce is the only guy that can really create his own shot.  The rest of the need someone to get them the ball in the right place at the right time to be effective.  Rondo does that quite well.  Yes he also totally stinks it up at times.  I myself have screamed at him when he has been under the hoop and has been too timid to take it hard to the rim and kicks it out for someone to take a J. But on this team he is the Celtics PG and he is going to be the PG all year and probably for years to come.  that doesn't mean you have to be a cheerleader but he does his job better than anyone other than the big three on the team and without him they would be screwed.  Does that mean they shouldn't try and get someone better?  No they probably should.  But it isnt going to happen.  Or maybe I should just stop posting when I just got home from the bar.  You be the judge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Good point Pud, you probably don't want me to add that the reason we won going away was Rondo's play in the second half.  But it was.
    Posted by concord27

I have no problem with you adding this comment about Rondo's play. You are quite correct. Rondo had a good 2nd half staying aggressive.

That was not the case last night.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

When the Celtics are semi-healthy. they will renew thier winning ways.

Flaws will be minimized, and strengths will be maximized.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

so i dont think ive ever agreed with acie or puddin's assesments of rondo..but for this i halfly agree. i think that against the lakers the way he can be maximized is staying aggressive. attackiing the rim. now i dont believe that he should be this way ALL the time for two reasons. 1. he cant possibly take the beating he takes when hes consistantly aggreessive, he wouldnt be able to be on the court. and 2. sometimes the qb role where he runs the offense, picks his spots and gets the big 3 easy shots works. like on a team like the Heat. 

in saying that, i think Rondo is a top 3 pg in this league for the things he is able to do. other pg in this league cant totally qb a team like rondo (nash comes close). and theres not another pg in the league that is effective in as many attributes as rondo is. he needs to work on his free throws and jump shots. KG needs to work on his aggressivness under the basket. Kendrick Perkins needs to work on his ft and hands. Ray needs to work on his handles. Paul needs to work on his..golf game. my point is they all have things that they dont do well, but nobody says anything about them bc of all the other things they can do WELL. rondo should get the same treatment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

In Response to A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court:
    let us take a looky-see at the last five minutes of that horrible lakers game.  and, yes, it's really on how rondo is sagged off of, the lakers ability to get away with that and dictate the celtics going away from their normal way of running the offense RUINED THE GAME FOR THE WHOLE TEAM Quote Here’s a rundown of every Boston possession from the five-minute mark until the game was out of reach in the last minute: • 4:35: Boston has Paul Pierce set a screen for Rondo at the foul line with the goal of drawing a switch. It works, and Pierce isolates with Bryant on his back. The Lakers double-team Pierce , who kicks to Kevin Garnett for a long jumper. It misses. • 4:20: Boston grabs the offensive rebound and resets. It runs a Pierce/Garnett pick-and-pop. The Lakers double Pierce, who again kicks to Garnett on the perimeter. Garnett passes on the J and tries to beat Pau Gasol off the dribble. He misses an awkward runner . Garnett working off the dribble from 20 feet out is not exactly on page 1 of Boston’s playbook. • 4:02: Boston grabs another offensive board and gets the ball out of bounds after Bryant fouls Glen Davis. After the inbounds, Rondo holds the ball on the perimeter, waiting for Ray Allen to post up Derek Fisher on the right block. Allen gets Fisher on his back, takes the pass from Rondo, backs down Fisher and misses a tough but makeable leaner. • 3:28: Another Pierce/KG pick-and-roll, this time on the right side, and Pierce loses the ball on his drive to the rim. Rondo does not touch the ball. • 3:02: Out of a timeout, Rivers calls for Pierce to get the ball on the left wing and pass to Garnett inside after KG takes a screen along the baseline. The Lakers foul Garnett before he can shoot. Rondo’s job on the play? Stand still at the top of the arc with the ball and pass it to Pierce. • 2:54: Boston runs a Pierce/Davis pick-and-roll on the left side as Rondo roves along the right side, totally uncovered. The C’s swing the ball around, and it eventually gets to Rondo, who nails an open 20-footer. Again: Rondo as finisher, not creator. • 2:25: Boston has Allen set a screen for Pierce at the top of the arc as Rondo hangs out in the right corner . Pierce drives and dishes to Davis, who makes a layup. • 1:35: Boston calls the same Pierce/Allen play. The Lakers contain it, forcing Boston to swing the ball around again. Rondo (with Kobe again ignoring him) flashes to the lane, takes a pass from Garnett and lays it in, plus the foul. Again, Rondo plays the role of finisher. Unquote Read the whole article and weap, Rondo lovers.  I am not a Rondo hater, but am dang tired of waiting for this kid to stop being a liability.  The lakers gave us YET ANOTHER TASTE of the NBA FINALS from last year, during which RONDO FELL TO PIECES IN GAMES 3-7, and WE LOST in a most MISERABLE and EXCRUCIATING fashion.  The truth is, poor rebounding bigs and all, we should have won in 5 games if Rondo remained a functional NON-LIABILITY point guard as he was in Games 1 and 2 of the series. Here's the whole article http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/02/11/lakers-masterfully-disrupt-bostons-offense/
    Posted by aciemvp

As always, your rants about Rondo are half-true and half-garbage.  And the worst form of garbage at that.

The reason we lost to the Lakers is because at one point in the game we ran out of bodies (due to injuries and due to multiple players in foul trouble).  The exact same thing happened in the finals last year.  That was the nail in the coffin.

It wasn't just Rondo's inability to shoot jumpers and Kobe sagging off of him.  Kobe sagged off of Rondo the entire series, yet at one point we were ahead in the win count and could have finished the Lakers in Boston.

If, this year we have a healthy team and a healthy Kevin Garnet then we will go all the way to the championship trophy.  But, if even one of our key players in injured, or if too many semi-key guys are injured through the playoffs, we are not winning the cup.  Its as simple as that.  And, god forbid, if that happens we will all end up hearing ACIE's garbage about Rondo again.

Yes, Rondo sucks at shooting the ball and he is a horrendous FT shooter.  Despite that, he is often the best player on the floor.

Now, get off his back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court : As always, your rants about Rondo are half-true and half-garbage.  And the worst form of garbage at that. The reason we lost to the Lakers is because at one point in the game we ran out of bodies (due to injuries and due to multiple players in foul trouble).  The exact same thing happened in the finals last year.  That was the nail in the coffin. It wasn't just Rondo's inability to shoot jumpers and Kobe sagging off of him.  Kobe sagged off of Rondo the entire series, yet at one point we were ahead in the win count and could have finished the Lakers in Boston. If, this year we have a healthy team and a healthy Kevin Garnet then we will go all the way to the championship trophy.  But, if even one of our key players in injured, or if too many semi-key guys are injured through the playoffs, we are not winning the cup.  Its as simple as that.  And, god forbid, if that happens we will all end up hearing ACIE's garbage about Rondo again. Yes, Rondo sucks at shooting the ball and he is a horrendous FT shooter.  Despite that, he is often the best player on the floor. Now, get off his back.
    Posted by bilalkazmi

This isn't an acie rant.

It is an SI article on taking Rondo out of his game at crunch time... that apparently you didn't bother to read... before going ballistic.

Not surprised at all.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

Take a look at the picture of Rondo's jump shot in the linked SI article, then do a Google for 'jump shot form'.

Rondo's is unusual in that he tends to keep his upper arm parallel to the floor  rather than raising it higher, and he brings his forearm back with the ball almost as far as he can bend it (watch him in warmups) prior to extending it during the shot. So his shot ends up with more arm motion and less wrist than 'classic' jump shooters, it seems like. I don't know for a fact, but I'm guessing one could make a physics-based argument why his form amplifies muscle-related shot-to-shot error signals more than the classic form.

One does hear that he shoots a lot of jumpers in practice these days. I think that unless he actually revamps his form that only helps up to a point. There's no evidence that is in the cards, so my bet would be that he pretty much 'is what he is' w/respect to shooting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I guess we could have a ton of posts on Rondo every game. Rondo is an enigma for sure. The GM, coach, players and fans know it. If we just start accepting that one game he's going to amaze you and the next game he's going to bewilder you then I think we don't have to debate over his game.

He's going to be a reluctant shooter, throw crazy passes, play matador defense. He's also going to make shots when you don't expect it, make a dazzling pass, great defensive play.

The game in LA taught me alot about Rondo. He's just going to approach the game the way he wants to approach the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I guess we could have a ton of posts on Rondo every game. Rondo is an enigma for sure. The GM, coach, players and fans know it. If we just start accepting that one game he's going to amaze you and the next game he's going to bewilder you then I think we don't have to debate over his game. He's going to be a reluctant shooter, throw crazy passes, play matador defense. He's also going to make shots when you don't expect it, make a dazzling pass, great defensive play. The game in LA taught me alot about Rondo. He's just going to approach the game the way he wants to approach the game.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Which takes us back to his "coachability" again.

BTW... lets not compare him to Dennis Johnson again. DJ was the consumate team player.

You wanted the ball in DJ's hands at crunch time. He shot his very best under pressure.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    You make a valid point.  And have for months but Rondo needs to work on his shot and is.  He takes the perimeter jumper and I can see in time he will make the other teams pay.  Of course it would great if he can improve in the second half and in the playoffs as the floor is being cut off for him by the opposition.

I believe he is improving his shooting, maybe not his free throw shooting which is inexcusable, but this kid is a fighter and will prove you wrong more than you are right.

He is as tough as any player I have seen in this era.  DJ was one of my favorites and he had the same toughness Rondo has.  When we got DJ he was turning thirty years old. Rondo just turning 25 this month.  Cut him some slack this guy is more like DJ than you think.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

didn't rondo mention something in his postgame interview with lisa salters about taking advantage of court intangibles in the course of winning basketball games? yeah, i think he did. i love that.  Smile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

You aren't crazy man you make very good points.  But with that said you are a tad obsessive about Rondo.  Ray Allen had an absolute horrific series against the Lakers last year but you don't extrapolate that out and say that he will do it again this year, yet you do with Rondo over and over again. Posted by Icon11

well, ike, i have on many many occasions said that IF WE DON"T CONQUER DOC'S DESIRE TO PLAY RAY RAY 40 MINUTES A NIGHT, THE INTO-THE-COFFIN PLAYOFF ACT WILL REPEAT ITSELF.  aside from rondo's inconsistency it's my second most aggravating aspect of this team. 

ray didn't just disappear ONCE, he's done it each year because he's at or over 35 minutes a game all the time for the celts which is too much for him to get there for us and perform in games 83-100 without any major malfunctions.

look it up if you don't believe me, i've been screaming for a prevention plan to ray allen's annual playoff disappearance.  of course it's an apples to elephants comparison becuase ray doesn't control his minutes while rondo is in full control of his fun-duh-mentals development.  see?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

so i dont think ive ever agreed with acie or puddin's assesments of rondo..but for this i halfly agree. i think that against the lakers the way he can be maximized is staying aggressive. attackiing the rim. now i dont believe that he should be this way ALL the time for two reasons. 1. he cant possibly take the beating he takes when hes consistantly aggreessive, he wouldnt be able to be on the court. and 2. sometimes the qb role where he runs the offense, picks his spots and gets the big 3 easy shots works. like on a team like the Heat.  in saying that, i think Rondo is a top 3 pg in this league for the things he is able to do. other pg in this league cant totally qb a team like rondo (nash comes close). and theres not another pg in the league that is effective in as many attributes as rondo is. he needs to work on his free throws and jump shots. KG needs to work on his aggressivness under the basket. Kendrick Perkins needs to work on his ft and hands. Ray needs to work on his handles. Paul needs to work on his..golf game. my point is they all have things that they dont do well, but nobody says anything about them bc of all the other things they can do WELL. rondo should get the same treatment.
    Posted by JamezHill24

i don't think anyone was pushing for rondo-dominant ball.  but for him to accept kobe doing perma-sag and just taking that INSULT to your skill set without being able to do anything to counter it is not only detrimental to rondo's psyche but horrible for the team.

he and the celtics have to figure out how to do SOMETHING to keep rondo from becoming a last second offensive weapon and losing all of his playmaking ability.  i would start with tempo pushes.  start changing things up by having rondo do run-outs on fisher outside misses and get the kid rolling that way.  they also need to increase the aggressiveness in the quasi-fast break hurry-ups where the defense is not set yet.  it may be as simple as incorporating those two things.

but one thing is for sure, the team will have a funeral early if we allow rondo to be totally de-activated by kobe sagging.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

in the interests of full disclosure, here are rondo's crunch time stats

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court : As always, your rants about Rondo are half-true and half-garbage.  And the worst form of garbage at that. The reason we lost to the Lakers is because at one point in the game we ran out of bodies (due to injuries and due to multiple players in foul trouble).  The exact same thing happened in the finals last year.  That was the nail in the coffin. It wasn't just Rondo's inability to shoot jumpers and Kobe sagging off of him.  Kobe sagged off of Rondo the entire series, yet at one point we were ahead in the win count and could have finished the Lakers in Boston. If, this year we have a healthy team and a healthy Kevin Garnet then we will go all the way to the championship trophy.  But, if even one of our key players in injured, or if too many semi-key guys are injured through the playoffs, we are not winning the cup.  Its as simple as that.  And, god forbid, if that happens we will all end up hearing ACIE's garbage about Rondo again. Yes, Rondo sucks at shooting the ball and he is a horrendous FT shooter.  Despite that, he is often the best player on the floor. Now, get off his back.
    Posted by bilalkazmi

so you spin out 500 words to come to the same conclusion that i did, while calling my analysis garbage of the worst sort.  if it's that bad DON"T READ IT.  and by the way, i copied VERBATIM the play by play summary of the celts posessions the last 5 mins vs. the lakers from another article.  so 2/3 of that is someone else summarizing the effect of the rondo sag-off, not me. 

it's not rocket science for rondo, warts and all, to remain relevant. he just needs to remain aggressive.  ultimately i think everyone's tired of the lack of work he's put in at shooting the ball and would like him to fix that root cause, but he's good enough at other things that he could STILL GET BY vs. the lakers rather than sitting in the corner!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court : so you spin out 500 words to come to the same conclusion that i did, while calling my analysis garbage of the worst sort.  if it's that bad DON"T READ IT.  and by the way, i copied VERBATIM the play by play summary of the celts posessions the last 5 mins vs. the lakers from another article.  so 2/3 of that is someone else summarizing the effect of the rondo sag-off, not me.  it's not rocket science for rondo, warts and all, to remain relevant. he just needs to remain aggressive.  ultimately i think everyone's tired of the lack of work he's put in at shooting the ball and would like him to fix that root cause, but he's good enough at other things that he could STILL GET BY vs. the lakers rather than sitting in the corner!
    Posted by aciemvp

Don't put words in anyone else's mouth. You have enough angst about Rondo that the rest of us don't have to worry about him at all. He seems to make you eat your words. Like today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: A quick summary of the Rondo death spell cast upon C's by smart teams defending us half court : Don't put words in anyone else's mouth. You have enough angst about Rondo that the rest of us don't have to worry about him at all. He seems to make you eat your words. Like today.
    Posted by greenkillme

oh.  i see.  you seem to think i am rooting against rondo.  that is preposterous.  today is a prime example of how to remain effective w/o having a good shooting game from the outside.  and interestingly, despite having zero steals all night long, i found myself thinking more than once what a wonderful pest rondo was being on defense.

so it's not a burn on me when rondo does well, i want him to!  just spring yourself loose of that shallow world you live in where any sort of constructive criticism amounts to "hating". 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Do you realize DJ early in DJ's career he was seen as a knucklehead who had an attitude. This is why he was traded from the Sonics to Suns then to the C's.

Rondo has hit some clutch shots and played big today. His FTs still stink big time.

Sections
Shortcuts