A Sherrod Blakely say West deal running into a snag

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

A Sherrod Blakely say West deal running into a snag

I just heard Sherrod on Comcast and the third team involved is balking at accepting JON.  He also said the Celtics were not doing anything on it as they are waiting to see how the Paul trade is resolved.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: A Sherrod Blakely say West deal running into a snag

Mployee
    I don't think so.  It was a couple of hours ago.  They are waiting to see what  happens with the Paul trade which appears to be off. The lakers are sending Odom to Dallas for other considerations.  

This seems to saying that Bynum and Gasol are going to Orlando for Howard.

Paul may be available to the Celtics now is my guess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: A Sherrod Blakely say West deal running into a snag:
    Mployee I don't think so.  It was a couple of hours ago.  They are waiting to see what  happens with the Paul trade which appears to be off. The lakers are sending Odom to Dallas for other considerations.   This seems to saying that Bynum and Gasol are going to Orlando for Howard. Paul may be available to the Celtics now is my guess.
    Posted by concord27

Gotta agree with you man.  I see it going down like this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So Rondo, JO and possibly Green to 3rd or 4th teams

Avery, Johnson and 2 1st rd picks likely to New Orleans... with players from other unidentified teams

Paul and West to the Celtics?

Interesting that Green was signed for 1 year 9 million over 1 year 5.9 qualifying offer. That means they can bring more back in a trade with him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

what in the world are you talking about?

So Rondo, JO and possibly Green to 3rd or 4th teams Avery, Johnson and 2 1st rd picks likely to New Orleans... with players from other unidentified teams Paul and West to the Celtics? Interesting that Green was signed for 1 year 9 million over 1 year 5.9 qualifying offer. That means they can bring more back in a trade with him.
    Posted by rameakap

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo, Green, Avery, Johnson and JO make a combined 28 million. They can be traded for a max of 35 million.

Rondo, Green, Avery, JO and Bass (keep JJJ) make a combined 31 million. They can be traded for a max of 39.75 million.

Okafor, Ariza and Paul make just over 35 million. FYI.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

right but i'm saying thats a pretty weird scenario you dreamed up. and that package is much worse than the offer that got rejected. so why would stern allow that? and who are these 3rd and 4th teams? be realistic. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_pacers_also_interested_in_west_121011

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Yup .... http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/145761147784663040 Y! Sources: As Boston and David West come down to wire on completing deal, Indiana waits to swoop and steal him.
    Posted by Mployee8

i think we get him tommorw...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Rondo, Green, Avery, Johnson and JO make a combined 28 million. They can be traded for a max of 35 million. Rondo, Green, Avery, JO and Bass (keep JJJ) make a combined 31 million. They can be traded for a max of 39.75 million. Okafor, Ariza and Paul make just over 35 million. FYI.
    Posted by rameakap

Can't do it though at least the Jeff Green part. After you sign a player you can't trade them for two months. We could have done a sign and trade earlier but that is now out. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: A Sherrod Blakely say West deal running into a snag : Can't do it though at least the Jeff Green part. After you sign a player you can't trade them for two months. We could have done a sign and trade earlier but that is now out. 
    Posted by jtkl

I read this somewhere this morning as well.  I seem to recall teams resign players and immediately trade them very frequently. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Yep, Jeff Green cannot be traded now and Big Baby already is. We don't have the pieces for Paul anymore unless there is some miracle scenario I am overlooking...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

right but i'm saying thats a pretty weird scenario you dreamed up. and that package is much worse than the offer that got rejected. so why would stern allow that? and who are these 3rd and 4th teams? be realistic. 
    Posted by artielang

How is it worse?  It's much better, IMO.  The lakers were the problem in the trade.  In the initial trade, the league said they didn't take back enough salary.  So, in the reworked deal, they make HOU add more players.  The problem was again, the lakers - they wanted to steal him like the old days.  Rondo and Green are both young, with two draft picks?  Hornets get younger, get a replacement for Paul, and TWO picks, which the lakers don't have!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: A Sherrod Blakely say West deal running into a snag : Did they change the Larry Bird Rule under the new CBA? Per old CBA: A team may resign its own free agent and then immediately trade him. The league doesn't like it, but the right to do so was established by an arbitrator regarding an incident in the '97 off-season involving Chris Dudley and the Portland Trailblazers, who resigned Dudley and then immediately traded him to the New York Knicks. It is not legal, however, for a team to sign a free agent not its own and then immediately trade him.
    Posted by Mployee8

You are missing the key word "immdiately" as in the trade is in place as soon as the player is signed. Like what just happend with baby, he signed and five minutes later he was orlando's player. The rule works like this:

If a newly-signed player is not part of a sign-and-trade, his new team cannot trade him until December 15 of the calendar year in which he was signed or three months after the date on which he signed, whichever arrives later. this is under bird rights.

Sections
Shortcuts