If DA considers the season a wash at this point, I'm ok with that

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: A Trade For The Future

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to breaktime's comment:

Agree.

Pierce might actually be thrilled. He would play much better there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Agree.

Does the OKC add up to 15 million?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Agree.

Yeah, I think PP had really high expectations for this year's team and now he is just beyond frustration. That said, he might really benefit from a change of scenery. Plus, I don't think I can put up with both him and Rondo getting into these tempermental funks for the next 2 years. Let alone the 3rd year that DA will eventually give PP so he can retire with KG.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

posted at 1/22/2013 8:57 PM EST

• Fierce34
    • First: 12/2/2009
    • Last: 1/22/2013

Jeff Green has Luke Walton on him and he hasn't tried to exploit that mismatch. That's what I mean about not having that scorer's mentality.

Wasn't he your James Worthy?????? Ok time to twist the story... James Worthy would score 100 pts vs Walton easily.

HA HA HA HA!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

posted at 1/22/2013 9:55 PM EST

• Fierce34

In response to srinivasa's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

I say we keep Melo, Bradley, Sully and I think they have to keep KG cause of his no trade clause...anyone else can go including Rondo but you better get at least 2 really good players for him if he is traded otherwise keep him.... the rest you can get rid of.... the only problem with this plan is that whats left no one probably wants...

Not many teams gonna give up real quality for a space cadet that brings it once in a while... DA already tried moving the princess before....

Listen, time passes and teams just have to rebuild.  And they have to collect assets.  A trade is not going to do it.  Razz on Rondo.  Fine.  But without KG and Pierce producing what can he do?  Does he need to be LeBron?  There is no other player who has been able to do a lot by himself.

The Celts should dip into lottery, trade for future, develop their young players and target next year and beyond.  With Rindo!

Rondo leading young players? Not going to happen, he's only good when he's the 3 or 4th option on a team, not happening when we're rebuilding. And I don't think we'll be getting any stars soon. 

Fierce, Rondo and J-Smoove will make us another Atlanta. It's time to start over next season without any of the big 3.

2013-14- KG, Rondo, J-Smoove, Sullinger, Bradley, Fab Melo, and other players is a good start.

2014-15 - Rondo, J-Smoove, Sullinger, Bradley, Fab Melo, and another big name FA makes us contenders again.

Clueless Never seizes to amaze us...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

ESPN just reported that Dwight is not a happy camper right now. The Celtics should consider a Dwight Howard rental. 

let's just get jason maxiell.  according to you he won the game against us the other night all in one play.  we need more players like that!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

Very, very interesting. I guess it's a no-brainer where our money and hearts will be on that. Perk and Pierce :)

But I just don't see it happening. Mr. Pierce is today's Mr. Celtic.  And he absolutely earned that.

What a Finals it would be if it's Heat vs. Thunder again and Ray is with Miami and Pierce is with OKC.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to KenDNP's comment:

Very, very interesting. I guess it's a no-brainer where our money and hearts will be on that. Perk and Pierce :)

But I just don't see it happening. Mr. Pierce is today's Mr. Celtic.  And he absolutely earned that.

don't kid yourself- pierce would 1) love to get off this team right now (that is hurdling backwards as far as "development" of younger players goes) and 2) would leave town for more money at the drop of a hat.  this is not the 1980s when the top guys were making 2 million. 

pierce is WASHED and he's cashing a 15 million USD check on us this year and next.  we owe him nothing. 

same with KG- wiley old damny derAINGEd signed KG for 11 million.  think about that- KG gassed in last year's playoffs and has booked nearly 400 million in NBA salary in his career- why could he sign for 2 million or 1 million like shack did? 

loads of dumb decisions so we end up with mediocre supporting cast that doc can't pull together.  i'm not even sure if you had VERY GOOD supporting cast anything would happen.  doc's thing is just NOT players who are 25 y/o.  never has been, never will be.

you can almost count on one hand the number of players who played 15 years in the league with ONE team the last 15 years.  not many.  off the top of my head...  kobe, duncan, nowitski.  i think the first two will stay like that but would not be shocked to see nowitski and pierce change teams

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

It IS amazing (in a bad way) that PP and KG together are pulllling in 26 million this year. Wow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

It IS amazing (in a bad way) that PP and KG together are pulllling in 26 million this year. Wow.

it really would have been okay if KG came to the table and was willing to sign for shak money- 1.4 million or whatever- then your old core is 16.4 million and it's a WHOLE different ball game

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

What a Finals it would be if it's Heat vs. Thunder again and Ray is with Miami and Pierce is with OKC.

That would be a very interesting matchup.  I wouldn't want to see Pierce traded but he may like the idea of playing for a team that has a good chance of getting to the finals. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to basketbert's comment:

it really would have been okay if KG came to the table and was willing to sign for shak money- 1.4 million or whatever- then your old core is 16.4 million and it's a WHOLE different ball game

Definitely agree with you about this.  Although, you and I and maybe a few other Celtics fans  thought that KG should have resigned for a small amount of money.  This would have left the Celtics with a substantial amount of money to sign another impact player.  KG certainly doesn't need the money. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

ESPN just reported that Dwight is not a happy camper right now. The Celtics should consider a Dwight Howard rental. 

I reported it in a thread yesterday that we should go after him, as impossible as it may seem. I guess I am quicker than ESPN.

Also read somewhere where OKC was not trading any of their core players and Martin was included it that group.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Pierce for Kevin Martin, Eric Maynor, and OKC's lottery pick from the Raptors.

Why would OKC do it?

Because Pierce is an upgrade over Martin and the Thunder don't have time to develop another lottery pick.

Same reason as you said yesterday on another thread.

posted at 1/22/2013 9:03 AM EST

• Fierce34

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Rondo passing to guys who cant score is our problem. Now KG and Pierce are joining that crowd.

Teams that are winning don't make changes just because someone like you wants them to.

Both OKC and the Spurs are 2 of the top 3 teams in the west, no change needed

Sections
Shortcuts