A Trade For The Future

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from geneb81. Show geneb81's posts

Re: A Trade For The Future

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to breaktime's comment:

If DA considers the season a wash at this point, I'm ok with that

Agree.

Pierce might actually be thrilled. He would play much better there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from geneb81. Show geneb81's posts

Wwhen the"heart", the core of the team isn't doing what they used to do its a very tough decision. The option of trading Pierce might be the best solution, although as a veteran I think he has to approve it. One thing is absolutely clear. A team that collapses in the 4th quarter  is not a playoff team.I have to assume that tired legs andthe mental side of fatigue play their part. I  would love to see Lee and Green put into their positions as shooting guard and power forward. Right now there is no sub for KG,not untilWilcox or Melo are available, and neither is really an answer.One has to consider whether JG will beable to make the long road to mental recovery after his terrible ordeal. There are some awfully difficult decisions to be made. Will Bradley be able to come back this year? I would imagine some combination of PP, JG, and Jet as the most atractive trading options. I never thought I'd come to this but major changes are needed for the Cs to get into the playoffs,or even to satisfy veteran fans who are feeling deeply disappointed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

OneOnOne

Actually Pierce is an upgrade over Kevin Martin. I watched the OKC vs. Clips game last night. Martin just stands around. Pierce can do more, he can be the PJ Brown or Sam Cassell of that Thunder team that is Finals bound again.

if i were pp i'd jump at such an opportunity.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I am ready to give up on the season. I think it is not possible that the Celtics can get past the Heat, and the Bulls once Rose comes back.

Pierce would be an extremely good fit for a contending team. I believe that only 4 million of his contract next year is guaranteed.

The Rondo, Pierce, KG thing is not nearly enough to put this team over the top. I thought the Celtics had enough depth to make a decent run, but so many guys are underperforming.

Blow it up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

OneOnOne

Actually Pierce is an upgrade over Kevin Martin. I watched the OKC vs. Clips game last night. Martin just stands around. Pierce can do more, he can be the PJ Brown or Sam Cassell of that Thunder team that is Finals bound again.

if i were pp i'd jump at such an opportunity.

Agree.

Also, a Paul Pierce is more valuable for a championship contender like OKC than a potential #6 lottery pick. OKC is in a win now situation while Boston is trying to rebuild. It's a trade that helps both teams.

agree. pierce could really help any team by playing 15-20 mpg.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to breaktime's comment:

If DA considers the season a wash at this point, I'm ok with that

Agree.

Pierce might actually be thrilled. He would play much better there.

Although I would like PP to retire in Green, for respect for his accomplishments, I would first ask him first if he'd like to play on the West Coast. His roots are So. Cal so I'd do a deal with the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan.  But, although not in So. Cal, I'd do a straight up for Cousins with Sacramento/Seattle. As much as I hate the Lakers and I have respected Pau Gasol as not being soft and feel he is stronger in the paint than KG but also like KG can play PF and can shoot 5-15ft out effectively, I think he and KG would be a great duo out rebounding many PFs. A new life on a new team might truly inspire him. I'd also explore the Warriors for Lee(many double doubles scoring and rebounds), not a Center, but a very good  PF.

Then if PP is agreeable & feels he can win another ring, although not the West Coast, then "yes" ask him if he'd like to go to OKC.

Again, I know NBA is a business but ask PP if he'd mind trade talks with west coast teams and others, he deserves that !!!

Sections
Shortcuts