A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry

To Boston: Shane Battier and Aaron Brooks

To Houston: TJ Ford and Draft pick

To Indiana: JO and Nate

The Pacers are going to make the playoffs. That means JO's experience and size will help them down the stretch and Nate will provide them with instant offense off the bench.

At the rate they're going the Rockets will not be a playoff team this season. Both Battier and Brooks are not part of the Rockets future plans, might as well start the rebuilding process. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry

In Response to A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry:
    [QUOTE]To Boston: Shane Battier and Aaron Brooks To Houston: TJ Ford and Draft pick To Indiana: JO and Nate The Pacers are going to make the playoffs. That means JO's experience and size will help them down the stretch and Nate will provide them with instant offense off the bench. At the rate they're going the Rockets will not be a playoff team this season. Both Battier and Brooks are not part of the Rockets future plans, might as well start the rebuilding process. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

-

Are you a GMWB?  (; />)

Do you really think trading Nate would not affect this team's chemistry?  I think it would have a negative impact.

The only C I could see trading and not affecting chemistry is Avery Bradley.

And I'm really looking forward to JO's contributions in the playoffs -- give us at least 2 W's, I'd bet.

And I don't think Qui will be out as long as they say.

I'm for staying pat.  No trades.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry:
    [QUOTE]In Response to A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry : - Are you a GMWB?  (; />) Do you really think trading Nate would not affect this team's chemistry?  I think it would have a negative impact. The only C I could see trading and not affecting chemistry is Avery Bradley. And I'm really looking forward to JO's contributions in the playoffs -- give us at least 2 W's, I'd bet. And I don't think Qui will be out as long as they say. I'm for staying pat.  No trades.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

The Celtics basically just lose Nate and get Shane Battier and Aaron Brooks in return and that won't help the Celtics?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

P34, that's too much money coming to the C's. We would have to give up someone else to take on Brooks contract. Why do we need Brooks anyway?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

i would do this, but nate and JO don't have the value to make this happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Too much for too little from the Rocket's field of view.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sounds like someone doesn't know what "salary cap" means. LOL!

Boy, and I'm told that my trade ideas are over the top. Geesh!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondo9Fan. Show RajonRondo9Fan's posts

I don't get it why we need a PG Delonte bout to come back hello Rondo is not hurt.
    Battier would be nice and who said that would not hurt Chemistry

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianredsox. Show italianredsox's posts

This is the trade we should make...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4jju29l

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Impossible Trade, Period.

Time Will Only Tell

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, that's too much money coming to the C's. We would have to give up someone else to take on Brooks contract. Why do we need Brooks anyway?
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Again, Bias, you're showing us how dumb you are. Do research first.

Brooks' salary is 2m and Battier 7.3m, if you trade that for Nate's 4.2m and JO's 5.8m the trade will work. 

Aaron Brooks is not the priority of this trade, Shane Battier is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Impossible Trade, Period.                                    Time Will Only Tell
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

It's not an impossible trade because the trade actually works. The only question is will the Pacers, Celtics, and Rockets do it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Release Harangody and pick-up Jarvis Crittenton (currently playing for Dakota Wizards). He can guard the 3 (6-5, 200-lbs), and can handle the rock (PG at G-Tech) when needed, until MD gets healthy.

It's all about giving PP 15-minutes of rest per game (7.5-minutes per half).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Release Harangody and pick-up Jarvis Crittenton (currently playing for Dakota Wizards). He can guard the 3 (6-5, 200-lbs), and can handle the rock (PG at G-Tech) when needed, until MD gets healthy. It's all about giving PP 15-minutes of rest per game (7.5-minutes per half).
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Bad idea. Javaris Crittenton is just not an NBA player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

P34,
    I would love this trade but I don't see how the others agree with it. Nate has not played well this year and I believe he has lost value.  Although I do believe with Delonte coming back healthy it could get Nate back in gear. He has been playing out of position since he got here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondo9Fan. Show RajonRondo9Fan's posts

I know my boy Stephon Marbury is playing for the Foshan Dralions currently. But is there any way we can get him back?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, I would love this trade but I don't see how the others agree with it. Nate has not played well this year and I believe he has lost value.  Although I do believe with Delonte coming back healthy it could get Nate back in gear. He has been playing out of position since he got here.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

The Pacers are in the playoff hunt. They don't have true Center besides Hibbert. And they don't have a 6th man that can give them instant offense off the bench. So JO and Nate can fill those needs.

I read a report last week that had Shane Battier saying he thinks he's not part of the Rockets' future plans. And Brooks just got suspended for undisclosed reasons. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry : It's not an impossible trade because the trade actually works. The only question is will the Pacers, Celtics, and Rockets do it.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34, the reason why I said it's an impossible trade was that Brooks, Scoola and  Battier are their best players. They are their Big Three. If you want any of them you have to pay a big price, trust me, I live in Houston

Again, I live in Houston, and if you said that in Houston, they will run you out of town. Brooks is like their All-star here and their is no way they will accept Rondo for Brooks, how much more Nate. Like I said, I live in Houston and Brooks is their future.  Even if Brooks didn't make the All-Star, he is considered an All-Star in Houston, believe me.

Time Will Only Tell

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry : P34, the reason why I said it's an impossible trade was that Brooks, Scoola and  Battier are their best players. They are their Big Three. If you want any of them you have to pay a big price, trust me, I live in Houston Again, I live in Houston, and if you said that in Houston, they will run you out of town. Brooks is like their All-star here and their is no way they will accept Rondo for Brooks, how much more Nate. Like I said, I live in Houston and Brooks is their future.  Even if Brooks didn't make the All-Star, he is considered an All-Star in Houston, believe me.                                      Time Will Only Tell                          
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

Scola maybe but if they really think Brooks is that great of a player then why didn't they give him a contract extension? 

Battier is old and likely not part of the future plans of the Rockets. That's why I believe he can be had.

But since you live in Houston I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

Nobody wants JO based on his health issues.  Chief is right, Brooks is a very underrated player and last year many people wanted him to be an all star.  Kenny Smith and Chris Webber were agreeing THIS year that brooks should have been an all star last year.  This trade makes no sense for the rockets.  Salary aside, a trade that would make more sense for the rockets would be Shane B for Nate.  Not saying it would work salary cap wise, or even be worth it for the celtics, but that would be a more realistic trade that the rockets might consider.  Again nobody wants JO because of health reasons(good chance he won't even be able to play again) and his salary, plus I don't know how much other teams value Nate this season.(his value was higher at the end of last season).  Obviously brooks and Battier would help a great deal IF it were possible because then you would have the best back up pg and could move D west to back up SG. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to A Trade that Will Not Disrupt Team Chemistry:
    [QUOTE]To Boston: Shane Battier and Aaron Brooks To Houston: TJ Ford and Draft pick To Indiana: JO and Nate The Pacers are going to make the playoffs. That means JO's experience and size will help them down the stretch and Nate will provide them with instant offense off the bench. At the rate they're going the Rockets will not be a playoff team this season. Both Battier and Brooks are not part of the Rockets future plans, might as well start the rebuilding process. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

i love it!! you must be in sales!!!  i'd do that trade in a hearbeat though

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Any trade that has Nate going somewhere else I'm all for!!!!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjd. Show bjd's posts

What about Nate & Harangoody (salary match) for James Posey?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]What about Nate & Harangoody (salary match) for James Posey?
    Posted by bjd[/QUOTE]

Nope.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

JO I thought he retired?

Sections
Shortcuts