A tribute to greatness personified!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

A tribute to greatness personified!

Taken from Lakers Topbuzz but one of the best tribute vids I've seen. From the birth of the phenom at Lower Merion HS to all time great NBA player, sit back and enjoy #24!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsaL_BDAeqA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

Re: A tribute to greatness personified!

A good player. Sadly never won a title as the best player on his team and has to carry that humilation he recived at Paul Pierce's hand in 2008 with him for the rest of his career.

Stil I hapy he got L.A. to 11 championships. Not nearly s many as a truly great player like Russel butas a laker fan you have to love him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Please move to around the NBA!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Hey, the guy is going to win the scoring title right....?  ....then again, just take a look at the stats....

Kobe:

38 MPG
    23 shots per game
    28.1 PPG
    .430 FGP

Durant:

38 MPG
    19 shots per game
    27.8 ppg
    .501 FGP

Kobe will win as a result of taking more shots per game (averaging less than half a point per game) while having a terrible field goal percentage in comparison.....way to go Kobe.......um...not really...!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

...also, "in a tribute to greatness personified"....Kobe...

demanded a trade and clashed with numerous teammates, including the guy that was the Finals MVP three years running, because Kobe was tired if being Robin to Shaq's Batman...

played for a coach (Phil Jackson) that retired and wrote a book that totally trashed Kobe's reputation as a player and teammate...

was accused of rape and resorted to a huge out of court settlement...

after years of "looking the other way" was finally served with divorce papers from his "childhood sweetheart"...

I give Kobe huge props for being a great player....but, in my opinion, as far as his reputation as a teammate and a human being, he has been a huge failure....but again, that's just my opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: A tribute to greatness personified!:
    ...also, "in a tribute to greatness personified"....Kobe... demanded a trade and clashed with numerous teammates, including the guy that was the Finals MVP three years running, because Kobe was tired if being Robin to Shaq's Batman... played for a coach (Phil Jackson) that retired and wrote a book that totally trashed Kobe's reputation as a player and teammate... was accused of rape and resorted to a huge out of court settlement... after years of "looking the other way" was finally served with divorce papers from his "childhood sweetheart"... I give Kobe huge props for being a great player....but, in my opinion, as far as his reputation as a teammate and a human being, he has been a huge failure....but again, that's just my opinion.
    Posted by Duke4

Great post - phenomenal player, one of the best ever - despicable human being!!!  Well said!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Hey, the guy is going to win the scoring title right....?  ....then again, just take a look at the stats.... Kobe: 38 MPG 23 shots per game 28.1 PPG .430 FGP Durant: 38 MPG 19 shots per game 27.8 ppg .501 FGP Kobe will win as a result of taking more shots per game (averaging less than half a point per game) while having a terrible field goal percentage in comparison.....way to go Kobe.......um...not really...!!!
    Posted by Duke4

At 33 years old I take those numbers. Durant is 24. Don't think it's a fair comparison.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Before you pay tribute you should see how TP is making your rainbow coalition looking team pay right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

GK, I get your point and it is well taken my friend.....I will never bash Kobe the player...I don't like him but I respect his game...I just think he gets too many props at times...like the Finals MVP when Pau clearly dominated game 7 and had a better series IMHO....I'm sure sometimes I can come across as "sour grapes" and I've eaten my share of crow over the years....I try to keep things in perspective but sometimes, being a rabid fan, it is just difficult....anyway, I do enjoy the classy interaction that we can all have....wish the feeling would spread a little more....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

...also, "in a tribute to greatness personified"....Kobe... demanded a trade and clashed with numerous teammates, including the guy that was the Finals MVP three years running, because Kobe was tired if being Robin to Shaq's Batman... played for a coach (Phil Jackson) that retired and wrote a book that totally trashed Kobe's reputation as a player and teammate... was accused of rape and resorted to a huge out of court settlement... after years of "looking the other way" was finally served with divorce papers from his "childhood sweetheart"... I give Kobe huge props for being a great player....but, in my opinion, as far as his reputation as a teammate and a human being, he has been a huge failure....but again, that's just my opinion.
    Posted by Duke4

Duke you forgot how much Kome cares about gay people.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

I'll sat it again... Any discussion about Kome being the best player of his generation is hogwash. No question that it's Tim Duncan, by any measure except points. Kome is so deluded when he says that his only rivals are Magic and Jordan. These guys had at least 3 MVPs and were clearly the best players on their championship teams, while Kome has 1 MVP (in the year they were punked by the Celtics) and 2 rings (we know Shaq delivered 3 with Kome riding his coat tails. You don't suppose LeBron, Wade, T-Mac, or Ray Allen, or Paul Peirce could've had at least three rings playing with Shaq in his prime?)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Kome delivered another one of his classic stinkers last night as we are talking a team game, right?

As Always,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

In Response to Re: A tribute to greatness personified! : At 33 years old I take those numbers. Durant is 24. Don't think it's a fair comparison.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty

you would? what does age have to do with it if it doesn't help us win? 28 pts on 23 shots doesn't actually help you win. love my lakers, but shooting pct. is one of several reasons i cringe at the michael/kobe comparison.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Give me a break...in  Game 7 they won 2 years ago & Kobe shot a pathetic 6/24 or 25% & the team 32%. It was the 41-17 egregious difference in foul shots that was most instrumental in that gift championship by a meager 4pts. that had 1000+ posters in "Tainted Title".

Wonder what the articles would have titled him had they lost, "Goat" ??? Reason he will probably win scoring title as he takes more shots than Durant is that OKC has other quality shooters from the perimeter. Other than Bynum & Gasol in the front court and Kobe in the back court, they are all mediocre so these 3 players need score 75% of points to win a game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

preaching to the choir. kobe bryant has the worst career FG% of any player that gets mentioned in GOAT talk. as it is, his career FG% is only two percentage points higher than he is shooting this year. until further notice, magic johnson is the greatest laker of all time, easily. if your not the greatest player in your franchise, then your not even close to being compared to the greatest player of all time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Kobe is having the same selfish falling off in talent season Iverson was having in '05 and '06 the 2 years before he was abruptly traded and 3 years before he was 100% washed up

AI was going off for 30 and 33 b/c he was taking 24-25 shots a game while shooting all of 42 and 44% from the field

unimpressed by KoME

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Kobe is having the same selfish falling off in talent season Iverson was having in '05 and '06 the 2 years before he was abruptly traded and 3 years before he was 100% washed up AI was going off for 30 and 33 b/c he was taking 24-25 shots a game while shooting all of 42 and 44% from the field unimpressed by KoME
    Posted by rameakap

Son, enlighten us with your GM knowledge and how DA will exploit the other teams.  Keep on hating the best closer in the game today!  I can't wait because you know there is no better closer in the game. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

WOW!  As a die hard, bleeding green Celtic fan, that was hard to watch. But it is clear unless you are fool that Kobe is without a doubt a top 5 player ever. Probably the most prolific scorer the game has seen next to Wilt. My beloved Celtics were good but only won on a consistant basis when there were 10 or less teams. It is quite sad really.

Go Green

Go Celtics!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

WOW!  As a die hard, bleeding green Celtic fan, that was hard to watch. But it is clear unless you are fool that Kobe is without a doubt a top 5 player ever. Probably the most prolific scorer the game has seen next to Wilt. My beloved Celtics were good but only won on a consistant basis when there were 10 or less teams. It is quite sad really. Go Green Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

NOT the same thing - unless you're a lakers fan.  And, NO, he is not a top 5 player - top 10, maybe.  MJ is #1 at the SG position, koME is #2.  You have lost all cred anyway for your cowardly disappering act after the SA game.  OKC will see you in Round 2!
    Thanks for playing!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In response to "Re: A tribute to greatness personified!":
    In Response to Re: A tribute to greatness personified! : Son, enlighten us with your GM knowledge and how DA will exploit the other teams.  Keep on hating the best closer in the game today!  I can't wait because you know there is no better closer in the game.  Posted by kobedaman
    Give me a break about this "best closer in the game" crap, have you looked at his clutch stats on 82games.com? His numbers are pathetic, under 30% shooting in crunch time! Lol! That stat exposes how overrated he is in clutch situations. Name a better closer? There are many, but here are three: Durant, Carmelo, Paul Peirce. This is a factual statement. The numbers don't lie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Kobe is lucky that he has strong rebounders on his team who can cleanup many of his misses. Kobe on the current celtics would be a disaster.

Sections
Shortcuts