A word or 2 about TROLLS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS

In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS:
    In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : You hit the nail on the head.  I enjoy hearing everyone's opinions because it opens up my mind to consider other options.  I have frequently come into a thread with my own opinion but have gotten differing arguments that have then changed my thinking.  I find myself talking sports offline with friends and referring to something I "learned" or "was made aware of" here. I simply cannot even respond to the one-line annoying posts by some trolls.  Like I said earlier, it's kind of sad that these trolls are on this site EVERY DAY.  They wake up looking forward to "jerking someone's chain" just for kicks.  Honestly, I would respect them more if they could muster at least "some" intelligent sports dialogue relevant to a thread subject. Unfortunately, they are incapable and thus "skipped".  Just cannot be bothered with them.
    Posted by Petey62

I am glad that I can teach you so much about the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : OK OK OK - they all go on ignore, starting now - I'll use it like a 12-step program!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Nobody says it is easy we all have taken the bait.  We can do it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : Nobody says it is easy we all have taken the bait.  We can do it.
    Posted by concord27

United we stand, hedley will fall.

Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

All it would take for them to go away, is not to reply to them!!   I guess some posters think when they reply, boy i showed that Laker troll that time, no you didn't, you did just what they wanted you to do, you replied, and when you do they win, it doesn't matter how good your reply was, they don't care, all they're looking for is someone to reply to them, and they can keep their little game going!!
    Posted by kyceltic

You are right.  Although, many of them should be banned from this site.  Unfortuntely, many of them return after being banned anyway.  If  Celtics fans didn't respond to them, they would just have conversations amongst themselves.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In response to "Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS":
    In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : You hit the nail on the head.  I enjoy hearing everyone's opinions because it opens up my mind to consider other options.  I have frequently come into a thread with my own opinion but have gotten differing arguments that have then changed my thinking.  I find myself talking sports offline with friends and referring to something I "learned" or "was made aware of" here. I simply cannot even respond to the one-line annoying posts by some trolls.  Like I said earlier, it's kind of sad that these trolls are on this site EVERY DAY.  They wake up looking forward to "jerking someone's chain" just for kicks.  Honestly, I would respect them more if they could muster at least "some" intelligent sports dialogue relevant to a thread subject. Unfortunately, they are incapable and thus "skipped".  Just cannot be bothered with them. Posted by Petey62
    You know that syndrome, where #2 is obsessed with #1? The top dog is just minding his own business, but the number 2 dog is so envious he can't leave #1 alone. That's why they're here EVERYDAY (except after their team gets embarrassed)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

People should try the ignore option.  Works beautifully.  And add the discipline to not visit troll initiated threads.  Things simplify and the forum becomes a nice place to visit.

There is no need to try and win arguments with these guys.  They are low life forms anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : I'm thinking its Laker trolls because what else could get under a Celtics fans skin more? My guess is many are from the Boston area and probably real Celtic fans... trolling as a Laker fan just provides them more chuckles.
    Posted by Karllost

The one who baits the Laker trolls is probably the infamous Rico troll simply switching back and forth between usernames.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

i had two posts removed within scant minutes this morning, redRuss. one about you making your troll-baiting bed and lying in it and one about cutting the crap about my posts being hidden. it's not like bdc is johnny-on-the-spot w/ their moderating. yeah, i think both instances have your signature all over them.
    Posted by BaileyPowe

I witnessed some strange happenings with posts of his with another username. They'd disappear and then reappear later after being called out for deleting them. Could be a BDC staffer thinking this is how to grow the forum. Personally it feels very creepy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : I witnessed some strange happenings with posts of his with another username. They'd disappear and then reappear later after being called out for deleting them. Could be a BDC staffer thinking this is how to grow the forum. Personally it feels very creepy.
    Posted by NickFaldo

whats sad is that they can randomly delete obvious boston fans frustrated comments yet are unable to justify banning obnoxious trolls who push the rules to the limit but somehow don't 'break them'

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Karl I would agree with you.....I have reported a number of these trolls to BDC for a variety of clear forum violations but so far, no changes. 

I do my best to ignore them and have many of them on ignore but there are times I get pulled in...

I'm willing to go on 100 percent ignore (meaning not respond to any of them) for a period of weeks if that will help to purge them. 

on the basketball topic what a GREAT win by the C's tonight..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : Thanks - I needed a laugh - hysterical as the other 150 times I've seen it!!! "To stamp out runaway decency in the West."     LOVE IT!!!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

"Now you will only be risking our lives. Whilst I will be risking an almost certain nomination for best supporting actor."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Just want to say I'm with Headley and others on ignoring the morons ... uh, trolls. Though it's awfully fun exposing their ignorance (especially Elf, or whatever his name is), I'm down with the program.

By the way, I have no problem with Laker fans coming on and acting like civilized human beings.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

The only surefire thing that keeps trolls away are Celtic W's.
    They all run away when that happens.
    For whatever reason, the moderators feel their inane threads about the Lakers or other NBA teams are just as appropriate on the Celtic board as the Around the NBA board.  No comprende, but that's how it is.  I'm done with asking the mods to remove  them.

Only remaining suggestions that work are:
    1. Not responding unless the post is reasonably intelligent
    2. Using the ignore button (speeds up scroll time too).

Unfortunately, suggestion #1 only works if everyone complies.
    As schizoid as this board can get at times, I don't  see the first suggestion happening any time soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Just use the ignore option. I have been putting all these loser Laker trolls in my personal trash can. Makes reading this forum so much easier.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DRadja. Show DRadja's posts

Take comfort that they like to comment on the Celtics more than their own teams.  They are probably secret fans.  They prefer to stay here than in their own fan rooms.  They're just a "voice in the wilderness" so they try to be someone here.  Their opinions probably don't count there.  You are absolutely right that some people on this board have made them household names....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The only surefire thing that keeps trolls away are Celtic W's. They all run away when that happens. For whatever reason, the moderators feel their inane threads about the Lakers or other NBA teams are just as appropriate on the Celtic board as the Around the NBA board.  No comprende, but that's how it is.  I'm done with asking the mods to remove  them. Only remaining suggestions that work are: 1. Not responding unless the post is reasonably intelligent 2. Using the ignore button (speeds up scroll time too). Unfortunately, suggestion #1 only works if everyone complies. As schizoid as this board can get at times, I don't  see the first suggestion happening any time soon.
    Posted by breaktime

Thats not exactly true. Taunts/new threads/retaliation from posters like dfury  bring them back ahead of schedule.

Its not a matter of just putting these klowns on IGNORE. What do you do about Celtic klowns who alternately scream at the trolls when the Cs lose... and then scream for the trolls when the Cs win?

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

THEY ARE NOT TROLLS BUT GREMLINS!!!! YOU NEVER SEE ME RESPOND TO THEIR ANTICS AND TIRADES. ONE THING I REALIZE THEY HAVE A LOT OF VALUE WHO THE CELTICS ARE.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

WHY would they come on here. Instead checking on their team. THE GREMLINS!!!! put there quality time in our discussions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

THEY ARE NOT TROLLS BUT GREMLINS!!!! YOU NEVER SEE ME RESPOND TO THEIR ANTICS AND TIRADES. ONE THING I REALIZE THEY HAVE A LOT OF VALUE WHO THE CELTICS ARE.
    Posted by ojmega

You are responding now by just posting on this thread genius.

Wow!!

Silly Celtic fans

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : Thats not exactly true. Taunts/new threads/retaliation from posters like dfury  bring them back ahead of schedule. Its not a matter of just putting these klowns on IGNORE. What do you do about Celtic klowns who alternately scream at the trolls when the Cs lose... and then scream for the trolls when the Cs win? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Put them on ignore as well. They are just as obnoxious as the real thing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

THE GREMLINS fear the GREEN!!! ALWAYS trying to get TOP SECRETS from the FANS!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: A word or 2 about TROLLS : Thats not exactly true. Taunts/new threads/retaliation from posters like dfury  bring them back ahead of schedule. Its not a matter of just putting these klowns on IGNORE. What do you do about Celtic klowns who alternately scream at the trolls when the Cs lose... and then scream for the trolls when the Cs win? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Put them on ignore as well. They are just as obnoxious as the real thing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

There are a few laker fans who post here and are not trolls (Flobus and the reformed GK come to mind). And it can be fun to have a little banter with them. But the rest are useless...especially the ones that pretend to be Celtic fans.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

yes, they are the worst....but they are so easy to recognize that I think they know it and it's just an attention getter....they aren't very bright but it does give them something to do all day (and night).....

Sections
Shortcuts