Aaron Gor Don

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Aaron Gor Don

Today the C's posted a list of 13 of the possible 18 players they are interviewing this week.  Surprisingly the list did not include Aaron Gordon or James Young.  Young, to me, shouldn't become an option on draft night.  There's no way Ainge will spend our top pick on him (even at 8), and he shouldn't be available at 17 - although there is a chance, and if he is, we should pounce on him-- hence the need to interview.

Gordon?  Yeah, I bashed him early on for missing so many free-throws.  But right now he's one of my favorite would-be picks.  IF we swing and miss on the top 3, and Exum get's drafted #4 (obviously we cannot draft 4th despite any combination of ping pong balls) I think Gordon makes the most sense for us at 5,6, 7, or 8.

Draft Gordon.  Trade Green for Asik.  Use pick 17 on a SG.  Say farewell to Bradley.

2015 Starting 5:

Rondo

Bayless

Gordon

Sully

Asik

*Pick 17 I'd use on the best available SG.  It's possible that Stauskas or Young falls to us.  If they don't, I hope we avoid Hairston, Lavine, and Kyle Anderson and use the pick on Bogdanovic or Hezonja.  Pick Bog or Hez and be patient with them.  Let Bayless have an opportunity to start the year as a starter.

The above starting 5 would be a nice blend of above-the-rim athleticism, defense, IQ, 3-point shooting, and veteran leadership.  All we'd need to do is hire someone to teach them how to shoot free throws.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Aaron Gor Don

Another guy who can't shoot?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

There's nothing wrong with his shooting, that's why I'm opening up to the thought that fixing his FT percentage (so at the very least, he's not a liability like Dwightmare) shouldn't take too long.

Gordon shot 51% from the field last year.  He averages 5 makes and 10 attempts per game.  These are good shooting stats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Depends where he is shooting from

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Don't we like Randle better?

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

If we needed a PF, then I think Randle would be a better pick.  However, I'm hoping the C's stay with what they have and avoid all PF's.  Statistically, Sully had a better freshman year than Randle.  He's also bigger with a much longer wingspan.  It wouldn't make any sense to draft Randle.  Gor Don, on the other hand could step in right away and replace Green (allowing us to trade Green).  Gor Don may be unpolished offensively, but he could still thrive in transition with Rondo, and he's NBA ready in terms of playing D.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

They are both listed as PF, and they are both the same size...............just saying.  Not sure Gordon can play SF, just like I'm not sure Smart can play SG.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Apparently this young man just jumped so high they had to raise the vertical jump apparatus - per Chad Ford.

Also, per Chad, had a very good meeting with the Celtics, and got a good vibe from them.....

Sections
Shortcuts