Aaron Gordon is a winner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Aaron Gordon is a winner

He is a winner at every level and the better the competition the better he plays.

Awards and honors
    High school
    2013: USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year
    2013: FIBA Under-19 World Championship MVP
    2013: McDonalds High School All-American Game MVP
    Jordan Brand All-American (2013)
    2× California Mr. Basketball (2012-2013)
    2× CIF State Champion (2011-2012)
    2× CIF State Division II Champion (2011-2012)
    3× CIF Northern California Champion (2011-2013)
    CIF Northern California Open Division Champion (2013)
    2× CIF Northern California Division II Champion (2011-2012)
    4× CIF CCS Champion (2010-2013)
    CIF CCS Open Division Champion (2013)
    3× CIF CCS Division II Champion (2010-2012)
    MaxPreps.com All-American First Team (2013)
    San Jose Mercury News Player of the Year (2013)
    San Jose Mercury News First Team (2013)
    Cal-Hi Sports Bay Area CCS Player of the Year (2013)
    6× WCAL Champion (2011, 2011², 2012, 2012², 2013, 2013²)
    3× WCAL Playoffs Champion (2011-2013)
    3× WCAL Regular Season Champion (2011-2013)
    3× Ed Fennelly WCAL Player of the Year Award (2011-2013)
    4× All-WCAL Honors
    3× All-WCAL First Team (2011-2013)
    All-WCAL Second Team (2010)
    College
    Freshman student-athlete of the year (2014)
    Pac-12 Tournament All-tournament team (2014)
    AP Honorable Mention (2014)
    2014 NCAA Tournament's West Regional all-tournament team (2014)
    Individual All-America teams (2014)
    Third All-America Team– Sporting News (2014)
    USBWA All-District team (2014)
    NABC All District Second Team (2014)
    All-Pac-12 first team (2014)
    Pac-12 All-Freshman Team (2014)
    Pac-12 Freshman of the Year (2014)
    2013 NIT Season Tip-Off All-Tournament Team (2014)
    CBS Sports and U.S. Basketball Writers Association Freshman Of The Week Honors (2014)

After the Mavericks finished off the http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/08/mavericks-sweep-lakers_n_859171.html" rel="nofollow">sweep, Magic Johnson said that the Lakers http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6509193" rel="nofollow">"embarrassed the organization" and called the fouls on http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/08/andrew-bynum-ejected-jj-barea_n_859170.html" rel="nofollow">Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum "classless."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Aaron Gordon is a winner

Well Mr Gordon could  you please help him with his shot, because  then people would be even more enthusied

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I am sold on Gordon. No need to post his resume. At #6 if he is there, I cant see why not. If you have a chance at a Blake Griffin type you do it. a few years into the league, Blake is a Monster...He just overpowers his opponents and is still getting better.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Gordon and LaVine  would make me very happy

After the Mavericks finished off the http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/08/mavericks-sweep-lakers_n_859171.html" rel="nofollow">sweep, Magic Johnson said that the Lakers http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6509193" rel="nofollow">"embarrassed the organization" and called the fouls on http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/08/andrew-bynum-ejected-jj-barea_n_859170.html" rel="nofollow">Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum "classless."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

The thing about this guy is, is he a PF or a SF? seems like another tweener..Not strong enough (just yet) to be a PF and doesnt have the ball handling skills to be a SF.. Just what we have in Green.. or what we had with Gomez. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Genaro008-  Bravo!  Best thread I've seen here in EONS.  You just replaced #8 as my favorite Poster.  And I agree, Gordon and Lavine would be a pretty sweet haul- Let's just hope that Utah doesn't agree with us, and that Lavine falls a few spots.

"During the combine on Friday, Gordon completely cleared the stick on his max vertical attempt, forcing the staff working the event to put the sticks on stools."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I like Gordon a lot. He doesn't seem very Griffin-esque to me though, Griffin has always been a broad shouldered beast.  To me he seems like Shawn Kemp with a brain and no drug addiction.  Same size as Kemp in the first part of his career, same athleticism, same 3/4 position, same lack of shooting touch. But like Kemp, Gordon will need to play with a great point guard to realize his full potential.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The dude weighs 220...he's NOT a  PF....he's not quick enough to stay with current pro SF's....another tweener, and one who can't shot from the outside....nooooo thankssssssssssss

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Add Gordon and Payton at 17 and this team immediately becomes an in your face, dogged defensive squad......Number 6 , regardless of what spin Danny is putting on this class isn't as bad as many may think....

Gordon, Vonleh, Smart all look like gold compared to the Ron Mercer's and Joe Kleine's of years past....

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Gordon in my opinion is better then Green I would trade Green I would sign Pierce and let Gordon groom under the Truth. I would also trade Rondo and build slow and steady as opposed to making a splash

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The thing about this guy is, is he a PF or a SF? seems like another tweener..Not strong enough (just yet) to be a PF and doesnt have the ball handling skills to be a SF.. Just what we have in Green.. or what we had with Gomez. 

[/QUOTE]

Have you seen his handle and his passing for his size? He is not Jeff Green at all. It is his shot you worry about at SF but he has that 'point foreard' mentality.

Yes he is not as powerful as Blake (yet) but also doesn't turn 19 until this September. Blake Griffin was a freshman who had yet to play a minute of ball when he was the same age that Gordon was when Aaron was pulling down 18 boards in the elite 8.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This really is a draft that has multiple 'tiers' of talent.

There is a 'big 3' where you have:

Embiid - A taller Ibaka/poor man's Olajuwan

Wiggins - A Rudy Gay who defends/poor man's Dominique

Parker - Big Dog Robinson/Terry Cummings

Then there is a 'next 5' where you have:

Exum - Ceiling is Penny Hardaway, floor is Brian Shaw/Derek Harper

Vonleh - Marcus Camby/Dale Davis

Gordon - Shawn Marion with point forward skills

Smart - Ceiling is Dwyane Wade, floor is an athletic Fat Lever/Dennis Johnson

Randle - Elton Brand/Zach Ranolph

Then there is like a whole thirs tier of a dozen guys in the 9-20 range who all have similar talent future impact. To me, Exum is the biggest enigma and he will likely go 4th. Randle is a player too similar to Sully in skill set.

So I am more than fine with one of Gordon, Vonleh or Smart. If they were in last years draft we know Smart would have gone #2 to Orlando over Oladipo. I'm guessing Vonleh would have gone #1 to the Cavs and Gordon #3 to the Wizards. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Aaron Gordon is Gerald Green without a jump shot.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rame is right - after the top 3, there are about five that could go in about any order, Gordon is one of them. 

I like Gordon though I worry a bit about his shooting touch. 

Ainge will try to trade that pick before he drafts I think....there is probably an All Star in the 4-9 range, maybe two - but which ones? 

"I would trade Green"...

Just a friendly reminder that no one wants Green. Only hope would be to dump/package him with more appealing asssets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really?

Green was a 175 lb SG-SF coming out of high school when C's drafted him

Gordon (still 18) is a 215 SF-PF who rebounds like a beast

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really?

Green was a 175 lb SG-SF coming out of high school when C's drafted him

Gordon (still 18) is a 215 SF-PF who rebounds like a beast

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he is nothing like Gerald Green who is borderline brainless on the court. Gordon has a high BBall  IQ. If anyone is comparable to Gerald Green it is Wiggins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I like Aaron Gordon as well, you need your frontline players to be flexible and we could use a burst of athleticism on the fast break.  Blake Griffin is a decent comparison because both of these guys can run, jump out of the gym and have a similar build assuming Gordon keeps growing.  People are so concerned about AG's shooting; he shot 495 from the floor and while not shooting a lot of threes he did hit 36% of them.

Either way I trust Ainge will get the right guy, he knows talent.  Barring trades a Rondo, shooting guard, Gordon, Oly and Faverani lineup will be able to run and also play the half court game.  If nothing else we'll have a young exciting brand of basketball to watch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rame is right - after the top 3, there are about five that could go in about any order, Gordon is one of them. 

I like Gordon though I worry a bit about his shooting touch. 

Ainge will try to trade that pick before he drafts I think....there is probably an All Star in the 4-9 range, maybe two - but which ones? 

"I would trade Green"...

Just a friendly reminder that no one wants Green. Only hope would be to dump/package him with more appealing asssets.

[/QUOTE]

I Think I agree with whoever said "draft Gordon and trade Green",...I'd be right fine with this move...get Green off this team....even though I think Gordon's shot shortcoming can be outweighed by his athleticism and defensive pressure, Green has the weakest, least productive Off. game in the NBA. He's the worst "star" in this league and sincerely hope DA doesn't compound his last mistaken contract for him with yet another after this one is done just because he doesn't want to admit bringing him here was a hideous mistake.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Gordon and McDermitt would be good additions if we could get them with 6 and 17.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

You can't go wrong with Gordon. He's my choice if we stay put.

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Picks 4 through 8  will net us a decent player. Dump Green and Rondo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

If Gordon can play SF in the NBA then I'm all in for Gordon at #6.

Gordon should be Jeff Green's replacement.

Fiercy is off the Gary Harris and Doug McDermott over Gordon bandwagon?

Remember laughing hysterically when I suggested using pick 6-8 on Gordon or Vonleh. You said after Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, Exum and Smart you would take Harris and McDermott. Over Randle, Vonleh AND Gordon. You said Gordon was never going to be an all-star in this league so we might as well take shooters who have major flaws in other parts of their games. 

Oops

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts