Aaron Gordon not available at 6?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Aaron Gordon not available at 6?

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-nba-mock-draft--take-2-052236989.html" rel="nofollow">https://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-nba-mock-draft--take-2-052236989.html

Looks like he impressed the jazz, plus they have a need at sf, looks like he will be gone at 6. Leaving us with  smart/randle/vonleh too chose from. Thats a shame,  I think he would have been a nice fit with the way brad stevens wants to play.  I think if gordon is gone more of a chance we trade down. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Aaron Gordon not available at 6?

Let's hope the Jazz take Gordon.

Gordon is Gerald Green without the jump shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's just Marc Spears' mock draft.

The mock draft below has Gordon slipping all the way to #10.

http://nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft" rel="nofollow">http://nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

[/QUOTE]

So you no longer think it is 'idiotic' to pick him in the 6-8 range?

How many 'HAHAHA's' would you type now if I suggest he has the potential to be an NBA all-star someday? It was at least a dozen HA's when I said that in March.

Would you still pick Gary Harris and Doug McDermott (in that order) with Gordon, Randle and Vonleh still on the board?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

"Gerald green without the jump shot"

If thats your comparison ,u have not seen Gordon play . He is the complete opposite of gerald green. Way higher bball iq, very cerebral player, who plays with in the team concept, never forces the issue on the offensive end and puts max efforts on the defensive end.  The  only thing in common is they are both terrific athletes, other than that completely different players.  Gordon is more of a power 3 small 4. Gerald is strictly a 3. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP. Show MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If thats your comparison ,u have not seen Gordon play . He is the complete opposite of gerald green. Way higher bball iq, very cerebral player, who plays with in the team concept, never forces the issue on the offensive end and puts max efforts on the defensive end.  The  only thing in common is they are both terrific athletes, other than that completely different players.  Gordon is more of a power 3 small 4. Gerald is strictly a 3. 

[/QUOTE]

someone who compares Gordon to Gerald Green doesn't even deserve a response. how obvious does it have to be that the guy is clueless?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP's comment:

[QUOTE]

someone who compares Gordon to Gerald Green doesn't even deserve a response. how obvious does it have to be that the guy is clueless?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Better to be clueless than to come on a Celtics website pretending to be a Celtics fan, gloat when the lakers get Dwight Howard, then pretend your daughter is cutting herself to get sympathy.........TOMMY!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I've seen Gordon play, and I am not impressed.

I'd rather have Randle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Maybe we should package a bunch of picks and a player to move UP in the draft...forget Love, forget Anthony and get an Embiid or a Parker, even Exum.....Gordon is an athlete, true, but one of the top 3 or 4 will be a star and this team needs a new identity...then dump Rondon't for another pick in round 1 and get busy with the inevitable rebuild.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've been following AG for 4 years and have seen every minute of every game he played at AZ.  I cant think of a worse comparison other than maybe Jonah Hill.  He is opposite Gerald Green in just about every single way.

You can dislike AG all you want.  But at least dislike him for the right reasons and don't make ridiculous comparisons.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to anguskahn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've been following AG for 4 years and have seen every minute of every game he played at AZ.  I cant think of a worse comparison other than maybe Jonah Hill.  He is opposite Gerald Green in just about every single way.

You can dislike AG all you want.  But at least dislike him for the right reasons and don't make ridiculous comparisons.

[/QUOTE]

+1, I've been pushing the "Shawn Kemp with a brain" comp.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Draft express today has us taking Exum at 6.  Smart is apparently rising, going to ORL, with Utah taking Vonleh.  I'm very okay with this, btw!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

No exum...the only clips out there only show an average highschool player..no more than that..Not surprised he has dropped...I like Smart and Vonleh..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No exum...the only clips out there only show an average highschool player..no more than that..Not surprised he has dropped...I like Smart and Vonleh..

[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling Exum is better than an average high school player, and yes comparing Gordon to Green shows a frightening lack of knowledge.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Draft express today has us taking Exum at 6.  Smart is apparently rising, going to ORL, with Utah taking Vonleh.  I'm very okay with this, btw!

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

LOL!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

GK responded......let me guess, it's to me.............so glad he's on ignore!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Gordon’s main weaknesses revolve around his lacking skill level on the offensive side of the ball …Despite being the 2nd leading scorer on an Arizona squad that almost made it to the Final 4, Gordon needs extensive improvement offensively … His ball-handling ability is not very good right now, and he loses significant effectiveness the more he dribbles the ball … Rarely looks comfortable with his back to the rim … Not blessed with a soft touch, which suggests he will continue to have his struggles as a jump shooter, and from the line … Doesn’t seem to have a lot of range on his shot, even though he can occasionally hit 22 footers … Struggled mightily at the foul line in his only year in school (42%) and needs to work on his form, develop a little more sense of urgency and develop a set routine which replicates his mid range shot, and eliminates the "long pause" … Has a very deliberate and slow shot, sometimes it looks like the ball barely rotates when he shoots … Physically, Gordon has adequate height and strength, but he could use a little more bulk to his frame … Could get sealed by bigger PF’s in the NBA due to his narrow frame … Not particularly lengthy … Some consider Gordon a bit of a tweener, it will be interesting to see what type of body weight he can ultimately carry comfortably … Was determined to show that he was a small forward, but scouts view him strictly as a 4 for the next level ... Needs to work on his footwork, as he picks up traveling calls often when trying to create … Has high/tight hips and it sometimes shows in his lateral movements … Has a very awkward running style, and while some compare it to Rodman with the way he runs on his toes, Gordon's extremely short stride has drawn some concerns ... Though very good on the offensive glass, Gordon sometimes shows raw awareness on the defensive glass and will forget to box out or be in the wrong places when the ball has been shot ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Smart  or Gordon

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

Gordon’s main weaknesses revolve around his lacking skill level on the offensive side of the ball …Despite being the 2nd leading scorer on an Arizona squad that almost made it to the Final 4, Gordon needs extensive improvement offensively … His ball-handling ability is not very good right now, and he loses significant effectiveness the more he dribbles the ball … Rarely looks comfortable with his back to the rim … Not blessed with a soft touch, which suggests he will continue to have his struggles as a jump shooter, and from the line … Doesn’t seem to have a lot of range on his shot, even though he can occasionally hit 22 footers … Struggled mightily at the foul line in his only year in school (42%) and needs to work on his form, develop a little more sense of urgency and develop a set routine which replicates his mid range shot, and eliminates the "long pause" … Has a very deliberate and slow shot, sometimes it looks like the ball barely rotates when he shoots … Physically, Gordon has adequate height and strength, but he could use a little more bulk to his frame … Could get sealed by bigger PF’s in the NBA due to his narrow frame … Not particularly lengthy … Some consider Gordon a bit of a tweener, it will be interesting to see what type of body weight he can ultimately carry comfortably … Was determined to show that he was a small forward, but scouts view him strictly as a 4 for the next level ... Needs to work on his footwork, as he picks up traveling calls often when trying to create … Has high/tight hips and it sometimes shows in his lateral movements … Has a very awkward running style, and while some compare it to Rodman with the way he runs on his toes, Gordon's extremely short stride has drawn some concerns ... Though very good on the offensive glass, Gordon sometimes shows raw awareness on the defensive glass and will forget to box out or be in the wrong places when the ball has been shot ...

[/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with him being like Gerald Green without a jumpshot? And why would you copy and paste something without saying where it was from?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In 2 years Gordon will be a 13pt, 7 rebound, 2 steal, 1.5 block, 1 TO guy who is on the all defensive team.  He isn't a scorer but he is elite at so much.  They say that to make it in the NBA you have to be elite at something rather than just good at everything.  AG is an elite perimeter defender, an elite offensive rebounder, elite on the fast break, has an extremely high IQ and excels at ball movement.  His help defense/team defense is off the charts.  He has the quickness of a 6-2 guard to close out on shooters but the length of a 6-9 PF to recover and actually prevent the shot rather than simply having a hand up hoping to affect the shooter.  I cant tell you how many times AZ's defense forced shot clock violations because the other team worked inside-out for a shot and thought they had an open look from 3 only to have AG recover after leaving the double team and either block the shot or have the shooter pull it back down.  He will make a bad defense good or a good defense amazing.  He is a guy that will average 13-15 points a game but doesn't need to dominate the ball and scores all in the flow of the game.  He is a starter on a championship team, not the go-to guy.  If AG develops an OK jump shot he is an all-star.  if he develops a GOOD jump shot, he is a HOFer.  AG does everything that you want out of a basketball player.  He isn't a scorer.  He is a phenomenal basketball player.

Gerald Green did nothing outside of trying to score.  Complete opposite of AG.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I am still leery of him, but I accept some of your ideas.  Havlicek to me while shorter was similar in some aspects and  was the third score at Ohio State an I think became a better shooter with time, although it may be hard to compare as there was no three point shot.  He was a much better foul shooter, at which he did improve , and also shot better in the playoffs ( from the line ).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

• Gordon has a high BB IQ, great court vision, can bring the ball up like a guard, and has great ATHL.
    • His Lane Agilty of 10.81 sec was on par with the PGs at the Combine.
    • His Shuttle Run of 2.76 sec was the best at the Combine.
    • Standing Vertical of 32.5" was 10th at the Combine.
    • Running Vertical of 39.0" was 9th at the Combine.
    • He's one of the youngest players in the draft and has great upside.
    • Can pass (2:1 A/TO)
    • He led the #3 defense in the nation with a 88.6 Defensive Rating.
    • Shot 35.6% on 3s (16/45), so he's a capable shooter.
    • D wins Cs

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

So you no longer think it is 'idiotic' to pick him in the 6-8 range?

How many 'HAHAHA's' would you type now if I suggest he has the potential to be an NBA all-star someday? It was at least a dozen HA's when I said that in March.

Would you still pick Gary Harris and Doug McDermott (in that order) with Gordon, Randle and Vonleh still on the board?

[/QUOTE]

You're an absolute fool if you think Aaron Gordon has NBA All-Star potential at this point in time.

Why do you think other mock drafts have Aaron Gordon at #10?

[/QUOTE]

Don't be a moron, the word 'potential' doesn't mean AT THIS TIME. Get it?

9 out of 10 of mock drafts have Gordon going in the 5-9 range. You said it was idiotic to 'consider' him at 7 and would pick Gary Harris and Doug McDermott before Gordon, Vonleh and Randle.

The egg is all over your face, if I was you I would stay out of the draft discussions, you admitted to not even watching ONE Arizona basketball game this year and clearly have no idea of the talent and likely landing spots of the players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

The bad handle and the  traveling might seem to indicate he shouldn't bring the ball up much, and no mention of thefoul shooting.

Sections
Shortcuts