Aaron Gordon vs Grant Hill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Aaron Gordon vs Grant Hill

Were they're games that different at age 18?

I don't think so.The knock on Grant was his shooting from what I remember.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Aaron Gordon vs Grant Hill

Hill never had "ups" like this kid!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Oh yes he did!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Grant Hill freshman stats: 11ppg 5rpg 2apg 1spg 1bpg 60% ft 51% fg (made one 3 all season)

Aaron Gordon freshman stats: 12ppg 8rpg 2apg 1spg 1bpg 42% ft 49% fg (made 16 threes at 35%)

Grant had better free throw percentage and was a non factor from 3. Very similar defenders.

Gordon is the better rebounder and 3 point shooter and similar fg%.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I don't recall Grant Hill having a 42 " vertical.......

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Conclusion: I would trade Sully to acquire Gordon. Use the 6th pick to acquire Vonleh.

Gordon backs up Jeff until he is ready to overtake him.

Vonleh can now play beside Olynyk with Sullinger moved out.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

two completely different types of players. Grant Hill was a point forward who could dribble, pass, and score at will. he was an offensive juggernaut. Gordon has the same potential, but on the defensive side of the ball. he's more of a roll player on offense, while Grant Hill was a one man offense.

[object HTMLDivElement]

You mean ROLE player, don't you??  Or do you mean the pick and ROLL?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Hedley I dont know. I just remember Grant Hill catching the sickest alley-oop at Duke I have ever seen! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Grant Hill freshman stats: 11ppg 5rpg 2apg 1spg 1bpg 60% ft 51% fg (made one 3 all season)

Aaron Gordon freshman stats: 12ppg 8rpg 2apg 1spg 1bpg 42% ft 49% fg (made 16 threes at 35%)

Grant had better free throw percentage and was a non factor from 3. Very similar defenders.

You could probably come up with about 30,000 Division 1 players in history that had similar stats to those. Gordon and Hill have very different skill sets.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

You could probably come up with about 30,000 Division 1 players in history that had similar stats to those. Gordon and Hill have very different skill sets.

I dont think so. Gordon and Hill both had good handle and played great D and loved to attack the basket at all times. Similar builds weights and heights.

Both are good passers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Hill had more of a scorers mentality, and had a guards game.  Parker actually reminds me more of Grant Hill. Just as far as the way he can get to his spots with ease, and the way he moves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I dont think so. Gordon and Hill both had good handle and played great D and loved to attack the basket at all times. Similar builds weights and heights.

Both are good passers.

Agree. 

People like Fiercy (who says he didn't watch Arizona games this year) don't realize the kid can has a great handle and can bring the ball up the court as a point-forward, I saw him do it with ease numerous times.

It is easy to recall Hill the pro doing this, but how many people here can remember if an 18-19 year old Grant Hill grabbed rebounds and tore up the court as a distributor instead of immediately looking for Bobby Hurley?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Some more similar style all-star players stats their freshman years (remember most were 4-10 months older than Gordon as freshman):

Blake Griffin: 14.7p, 9.1r, 1.8a, 1s, 0.8b, 0-2 on 3's, 57% FG 59% FT

Shawn Marion:  The guy I most feel Gordon is like went to a JUCO school where at age 19 he averaged 23/13 and then in his 1 year at UNLV averaged 18.7p, 9.3r, 1.2a, 2.5s, 1.8b shooting 57/73/30 numbers Gordon would likely post/surpass (except maybe steals and FG%) if he stayed through his junior year at Arizona.

Ron Artest: 11.6p, 6.3r, 2a, 1.6s, 1b, 45/52/33%'s

Dennis Rodman - Averaged 17 points and 13 rebounds at Cooke County College in Texas (?) flunked out and transferred to Southeastern Oklahoma State University, an NAIA school

Scottie Pippen - Averaged 4 points and 3 rebounds a game as a freshman at Central Arkansas. By his soph season he was at 18/9... talk about a late bloomer! 

Scottie Pippen: 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

So will Gordon be there at the six? I'm under the impression it's 50/50 right now?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

The pink hats say Boston tanked for this.  They rooted for the Celtics to lose all year and before the season even started.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

The pink hats say Boston tanked for this.  They rooted for the Celtics to lose all year and before the season even started.

Ok

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I can't see the Celts taking either Vonleh or Randle if they're keeping both Sullinger and Olynyk.  I could see them taking Gordon before either of those two since he could probably play the 3 or 4.  Add me to the list of those who think Gordon is an intriguing prospect.  I only saw him play a few times this year, but I liked what I saw. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Both are good passers.

DaC...they are right..totally different players with totally different skill sets....Hill was a guaranteed great player coming out...Gordon, not nearly as assured....hopefully, if we grab him, he can learn O while being the great D player he should become.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The pink hats say Boston tanked for this."

The Celtics did tank for this. That's what trading Pierce and Garnett was all about. And it worked, though there were so many bad teams it doesn't work as well as it could have. 

"They rooted for the Celtics to lose all year and before the season even started."

True, because that's how we won the last championship. If you weren't rooting for the Celts to lose and make it to the lottery, you don't understand how the NBA works. 

if you don't like the NBA lottery system, I don't blame you, but that's how the NBA works. The NBA needs to fix this, but until then, there will be tanking....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"The pink hats say Boston tanked for this."

The Celtics did tank for this. That's what trading Pierce and Garnett was all about. And it worked, though there were so many bad teams it doesn't work as well as it could have. 

"They rooted for the Celtics to lose all year and before the season even started."

True, because that's how we won the last championship. If you weren't rooting for the Celts to lose and make it to the lottery, you don't understand how the NBA works. 

if you don't like the NBA lottery system, I don't blame you, but that's how the NBA works. The NBA needs to fix this, but until then, there will be tanking....

You're entire post is garbage.  You're pre-school opinions and smugness do little  to mask how inane all of your posts are.

Sections
Shortcuts