AB COULD REPLACE DICE-K RONDO BY NEXT SEASON, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF HE PLAYS A LOT IN PLAYOFFS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

AB COULD REPLACE DICE-K RONDO BY NEXT SEASON, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF HE PLAYS A LOT IN PLAYOFFS!

reading the tea leaves if this team self-destructs in the playoffs or we lose in the first round, this team as we know it is over! no way i am touching pierce or kg. the three big chips we can play are to trade ray if he chooses not to opt out (moving pp to the 2 and green to the 3), do a sign and trade with the height-handicapped bb and to trade DICE-K RONDO (moving avery to the point). this kid can score and play defense with tons of speed to burn. he also has a much better attitude. its clear that both ainge and doc have tired of the ron-dont act! its only justifiable if you are actually winning. like dice, rr must really drive a team and its management n-u-t-s esp when things are heading south. i can think of a lot of teams including portland who would be all-in for a rondo. a portland could hide his huge number of defects and just play-up his one absolute strength of passing the ball to superstars who can put the ball through the hoop.

IMO, avery can learn how to pass the ball. a score-first point guard ready to play defense every night who can take over the offense when need be is what this team increasingly needs. this will make guys like chris paul, deon williams and of course the derrick roses who seem to dominate the east nowadays actually spend energy on defense (hopefully curtailing their offense as the game goes on). i believe this is exactly what doc rivers was during most of his nba tenure. AB already brings more to the table than rondo brought in 2007 when we won it all. i see lots of upside.

with west gimpy again going into the playoffs, i can see doc going with avery in that role if west cant go versus the knicks with wafer or arroyo around in case he falters. if he doesnt, he will keep playing. key to stopping the knicks is making life hard on billups. avery can do just that defensively as can rondo if he chooses to expend the effort. plus wear chauncey out by looking for his shot on offense. arroyo is all offense or passing when not turning the ball over. playoff ball is all about controlling the paint.

if you can keep the big men from easy catches, tapins or throwdowns, and keep the opposing point guards from attacking it to dish or score themselves, you should be able to win most of the time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: AB COULD REPLACE DICE-K RONDO BY NEXT SEASON, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF HE PLAYS A LOT IN PLAYOFFS!

Well, I'm glad you aren't in charge of the team.  :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: AB COULD REPLACE DICE-K RONDO BY NEXT SEASON, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF HE PLAYS A LOT IN PLAYOFFS!

Wow. That was one crazy rant. You won't be seeing much of Bradley in the playoffs FYI. I'm actually a little disappointed in you that you are backing off your strong talk about "Shaq comes back and we make a deep run in the playoffs". You went from leading the bandwagon to almost jumping off. 

Well, we could lose to the Knicks but we could also make a deep run. I'm still rooting for the latter. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Right, He will be lucky to be on the team.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Avery scoring 20 points against an atrocious knick bench doesn't land him any playoff minutes. To say that he is in any way a better pro than rajon is an absolute joke. There is a reason doc doesn't trust 19-20 year old rookies: they will make way more mistakes than positive plays.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

What this game did do was give us a view of the furure. Let him get a summer league under his belt a healthy camp and some minutes off the bench next year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: AB COULD REPLACE DICE-K RONDO BY NEXT SEASON, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF HE PLAYS A LOT IN PLAYOFFS!:
    Avery scoring 20 points against an atrocious knick bench doesn't land him any playoff minutes. To say that he is in any way a better pro than rajon is an absolute joke. There is a reason doc doesn't trust 19-20 year old rookies: they will make way more mistakes than positive plays.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34

Definitely agree with you. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In Response to AB COULD REPLACE DICE-K RONDO BY NEXT SEASON, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF HE PLAYS A LOT IN PLAYOFFS!:
    reading the tea leaves if this team self-destructs in the playoffs or we lose in the first round, this team as we know it is over! no way i am touching pierce or kg. the three big chips we can play are to trade ray if he chooses not to opt out (moving pp to the 2 and green to the 3), do a sign and trade with the height-handicapped bb and to trade DICE-K RONDO (moving avery to the point). this kid can score and play defense with tons of speed to burn. he also has a much better attitude. its clear that both ainge and doc have tired of the ron-dont act! its only justifiable if you are actually winning. like dice, rr must really drive a team and its management n-u-t-s esp when things are heading south. i can think of a lot of teams including portland who would be all-in for a rondo. a portland could hide his huge number of defects and just play-up his one absolute strength of passing the ball to superstars who can put the ball through the hoop. IMO, avery can learn how to pass the ball. a score-first point guard ready to play defense every night who can take over the offense when need be is what this team increasingly needs. this will make guys like chris paul, deon williams and of course the derrick roses who seem to dominate the east nowadays actually spend energy on defense (hopefully curtailing their offense as the game goes on). i believe this is exactly what doc rivers was during most of his nba tenure. AB already brings more to the table than rondo brought in 2007 when we won it all. i see lots of upside. with west gimpy again going into the playoffs, i can see doc going with avery in that role if west cant go versus the knicks with wafer or arroyo around in case he falters. if he doesnt, he will keep playing. key to stopping the knicks is making life hard on billups. avery can do just that defensively as can rondo if he chooses to expend the effort. plus wear chauncey out by looking for his shot on offense. arroyo is all offense or passing when not turning the ball over. playoff ball is all about controlling the paint. if you can keep the big men from easy catches, tapins or throwdowns, and keep the opposing point guards from attacking it to dish or score themselves, you should be able to win most of the time.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

EXCELLENT  POST.  I  agree  with  all  of  your  insights.  You  aren't  saying  straight  out  to  blow  up  this  team.  You  qualified  your  remark  ( ie.  "  if  the  team  self-destructs" )  suggesting  the  Celts  replace  Ray, Rondo  and  BB.  I  would  say  that  if  the  Celts  don't  win  # 18  they  replace  RR  and  BB.  At  this  point  in  their  careers, they  still  have  very  good  value.  I'm  tired  of  Rondo  and  his  erratic  play  ( ie.  some  nights  he  looks  like  an  all-star  and  some  nights  he  looks  disinterested ).  Overall, Rondo  is  maybe  the  15th  best  PG  in  the  league.  His  value  has  always  been  inflated  b/c  of  playing  with  the  BIG  3.   His  offense  is  a  major  liability  and  his  defense  is  highly  over-rated.  BB  has  played  out  of  position  for  most  of  this  season.  I  like  his  energy  and  he's  a  reliable  scorer.  And  BB  will  always  be  just  an  adequate  backup  PF  who  is  6'6" +3/4 with  no  lift.
       Obviously, the  Celtic  brass  sees  a  real  upside  with  AB.  Yes, he's  played  like  a  rookie  and  has  made  many  bonehead  plays.  That's  what  rookies  do, for  the  most  part.  Again, you  qualified  your  statement  ( ie. "if  West  is  gimpy " )  AB  may  see  some  playoff  time.  I  agree  that  AB  has  a  lot  of  potential.  And  with  experience  and  more  confidence  he  could  replace  RR  next  year  or  at  the  very  least  be  a  valuable  backup.  The  thing  abount  Rondo  is  he  lacks  CONFIDENCE  in  his  offensive  game.  I  was  watching  the  recent  Celts/Bulls  game  in  which  Rose  clearly  intimidated  RR.  There  were  two  plays  which  demonstrated  Rondo's  lack  of  confidence : 1)  one  in  which  he  had  a  break-away  layup and  Rose  was  2-3  steps  behind  him.  Rondo  blew  the  uncontested  layup.  2).  the  second  was  when  Rondo  drove  the  lane  and  suprisingly  no  one  challenged  his  shot.  He  was  so  suprised  he  had  an  unchallenged  finger-roll  that  he  again  blew  the  shot.  There's  a  lot  of  " ifs "  for  the  Celts  going  into  the  playoffs.  I  still  think  they  have  a  chance  to  win  # 18.  And  if  they  don't, I  agree  with  Contrarian's  suggested  moves  for  next  year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

And clearly Rondo's the only one on team that's blown an uncontested layup, finger roll, or dunk.  :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: AB COULD REPLACE DICE-K RONDO BY NEXT SEASON, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF HE PLAYS A LOT IN PLAYOFFS!:
    Posted by truth-torpedo34
    re-read ur last sentence. does this seriously not represent rondo to a tee? right now of course rondo is a better pro. i am saying 2-3 years i fully expect avery if given the chance would be a BETTER PRO!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to AB COULD REPLACE DICE-K RONDO BY NEXT SEASON, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF HE PLAYS A LOT IN PLAYOFFS! : EXCELLENT  POST.  I  agree  with  all  of  your  insights.  You  aren't  saying  straight  out  to  blow  up  this  team.  You  qualified  your  remark  ( ie.  "  if  the  team  self-destructs" )  suggesting  the  Celts  replace  Ray, Rondo  and  BB.  I  would  say  that  if  the  Celts  don't  win  # 18  they  replace  RR  and  BB.  At  this  point  in  their  careers, they  still  have  very  good  value.  I'm  tired  of  Rondo  and  his  erratic  play  ( ie.  some  nights  he  looks  like  an  all-star  and  some  nights  he  looks  disinterested ).  Overall, Rondo  is  maybe  the  15th  best  PG  in  the  league.  His  value  has  always  been  inflated  b/c  of  playing  with  the  BIG  3.   His  offense  is  a  major  liability  and  his  defense  is  highly  over-rated.  BB  has  played  out  of  position  for  most  of  this  season.  I  like  his  energy  and  he's  a  reliable  scorer.  And  BB  will  always  be  just  an  adequate  backup  PF  who  is  6'6" +3/4 with  no  lift.    Obviously, the  Celtic  brass  sees  a  real  upside  with  AB.  Yes, he's  played  like  a  rookie  and  has  made  many  bonehead  plays.  That's  what  rookies  do, for  the  most  part.  Again, you  qualified  your  statement  ( ie. "if  West  is  gimpy " )  AB  may  see  some  playoff  time.  I  agree  that  AB  has  a  lot  of  potential.  And  with  experience  and  more  confidence  he  could  replace  RR  next  year  or  at  the  very  least  be  a  valuable  backup.  The  thing  abount  Rondo  is  he  lacks  CONFIDENCE  in  his  offensive  game.  I  was  watching  the  recent  Celts/Bulls  game  in  which  Rose  clearly  intimidated  RR.  There  were  two  plays  which  demonstrated  Rondo's  lack  of  confidence : 1)  one  in  which  he  had  a  break-away  layup and  Rose  was  2-3  steps  behind  him.  Rondo  blew  the  uncontested  layup.  2).  the  second  was  when  Rondo  drove  the  lane  and  suprisingly  no  one  challenged  his  shot.  He  was  so  suprised  he  had  an  unchallenged  finger-roll  that  he  again  blew  the  shot.  There's  a  lot  of  " ifs "  for  the  Celts  going  into  the  playoffs.  I  still  think  they  have  a  chance  to  win  # 18.  And  if  they  don't, I  agree  with  Contrarian's  suggested  moves  for  next  year.
    Posted by zeitgeist49
    hopefully it wont come down to all this.. just trying to plant the right seeds for us fans. this way no one is shocked when it comes to fruition. no way you can just keep growing with rr if we implode. there is a reason ainge got avery. he already boasts a superior skilllset than rr!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

2 WORDS, STUPID POST!
    Posted by Fiercest34

You should know!!!  HAHAHA  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

In Response to Re: AB COULD REPLACE DICE-K RONDO BY NEXT SEASON, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF HE PLAYS A LOT IN PLAYOFFS! : re-read ur last sentence. does this seriously not represent rondo to a tee? right now of course rondo is a better pro. i am saying 2-3 years i fully expect avery if given the chance would be a BETTER PRO!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Avery may very well turn out to be a nice backup combo guard with defensive savvy, but he is a 2-3 year project. For all of Rondo's well-documented shortcomings, he may be the fastest end to end player in this league. Also, any player or coach who has spent time with him has said he may also be the smartest player in the league. I'm not going to let a month of subpar play dissuade me from my view of Rondo. I see all of the haters post on this board, and some of them have actual backing to their arguments. One good outing against a cellar-dweller defense doesn't make you better than an all-pro defender/all-star.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: AB COULD REPLACE DICE-K RONDO BY NEXT SEASON, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF HE PLAYS A LOT IN PLAYOFFS! : Yesterday you said something about you already giving up on Bradley. But after last night's game you immediately deleted that post before I could pull it from the archive. So tell us, kyceltic, you think Avery Bradley is going to replace Rondo as the starting PG of the Celtics next season?  
    Posted by Fiercest34

Do you think Perkins will be traded this year?   HAHAHAHA

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Sorry, AB showed some talent last night, but when the playoffs start he'll be wearing a suit and tie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: AB COULD REPLACE DICE-K RONDO BY NEXT SEASON, DON'T BE SURPRISED IF HE PLAYS A LOT IN PLAYOFFS! : Of course not! Why would Ainge trade a key player in the rotation?  I'm man enough to admit that I really didn't believe Perk would be traded.  How about you, why did you delete your post regarding your withdrawal of support for Avery Bradley?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Prove it!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

Are you for real? Seriously?

Sections
Shortcuts