AB may get suspended too

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: AB may get suspended too

rondo is just showing how everyone else in the league is feeling.....the NBA used to have dignity, but over the past 2 decades, it has turn into a joke....to even consider a suspension for bumping a ref is insane....refs get taken out in other sports all the time and there are never suspensions....now there may be a matter of intention, but barely bumping someone should not warrant anything more than what he got....he got ejected at the end of a game in the playoffs when his team still had a slight chance of winning....a one game suspension due to the guidelines of the rule may be understandable, but anything beyond that would be yet another black eye to this league and i dont know how many more they can take.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Rondo will be suspended, and he should be. No excuse.

If the NBA suspends Bradley, who was clearly trying intervene and save Rondo from getting in further trouble, that would be criminal. It's hard for me to believe the league office is that stupid. Then again, they only gave Whirled Peas seven games for intentionally clocking a guy in the head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

It should be one game............we need to shoot the ball better.  Dooling, Pietrus and Steamer need to step it up on offense............Pierce, KG and Bass can't go 16-45!  Not concerned yet!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: AB may get suspended too:
    It should be one game............we need to shoot the ball better.  Dooling, Pietrus and Steamer need to step it up on offense............Pierce, KG and Bass can't go 16-45!  Not concerned yet!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

"Ditto!!!"
    (To the Hedley quote).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: AB may get suspended too : "Ditto!!!" (To the Hedley quote).
    Posted by LloydDobler

Ditto, you provincial pu*z?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to AB may get suspended too:
    We all saw Rondo's boneheaded tantrum last night. He clearly added a slight body check into the lame ref. Now that I read the rule and the key word "intentional"... its quite possible AB gets a game off too. Bradley clearly extended his hand and touched the ref in an attempt to calm the situation down. But the rule says: "Any player or coach guilty of intentional physical contact with an official shall automatically be suspended without pay for one game. A fine and/or longer period of suspension will result if circumstances so dictate." This describes exactly what AB did although his was with peaceful intent.. How anal will the NBA/Stern get?
    Posted by Karllost

rules are specific. follow them. enough said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: AB may get suspended too :   if Pierce will stop dreaming about retirment, I say they pull it off in 5.  I'd like to see Peitrus get some minutes at the two along with Pav in game 2.  Let AB run the point and keep Dooling on the bench.
    Posted by passfirst

if pietrus doesn't wake up and join the living then there's not much sense in playing him much at all.  i've said all year that it was important to keep pavlocic loose and this is why.  the guy was a servicable player and still has the tools but nobody can just turn it on after being bench-bound

pietrus has gotten hurt one way or another nearly every year in the league- only 2 seasons over 70 games played in his career

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to AB may get suspended too : rules are specific. follow them. enough said.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES

Follow them, but not at the expense of common sense.

Let's say you're at the lake, and there's a sign that reads NO SWIMMING. Your friend ignores the sign and jumps in. He begins to drown. Do you obey the law or not?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I thought this was an interesting article on the subject:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/4/30/2988770/can-the-celtics-overcome-another-rajon-rondo-distraction

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to AB may get suspended too:
    We all saw Rondo's boneheaded tantrum last night. He clearly added a slight body check into the lame ref. Now that I read the rule and the key word "intentional"... its quite possible AB gets a game off too. Bradley clearly extended his hand and touched the ref in an attempt to calm the situation down. But the rule says: "Any player or coach guilty of intentional physical contact with an official shall automatically be suspended without pay for one game. A fine and/or longer period of suspension will result if circumstances so dictate." This describes exactly what AB did although his was with peaceful intent.. How anal will the NBA/Stern get?
    Posted by Karllost

mayby not AB. but the rules are very clear. no touchy the reffy. Rondo makes a lousy liar. looking down at your left is the first sign of a fibber.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from medvegasguy. Show medvegasguy's posts

In Response to Re: AB may get suspended too : Oh really?  Little Rhondo needs anger management period!  Guess you did not hear about his little tantrum in a team meeting reviewing film where he threw a video machine and stormed out of the room pouting like a little 6 yr old.  Then there's the two game suspension for heaving ball at the refs vitals costing him two games and now this chest bumping a ref in back while crying like a little baby?  Rhondo should be suspended for the entire playoff series!
    Posted by kobedaman

Why the childish and stupid misspelling of Rondo's name?  Does this somehow make your point better?  Or does it just make you look like the stupid troll that you are, just saying negative things and stooping to an immature type of namecalling by misspelling or mispronouncing someone's name?  I know what I think when I see this type of thing, the latter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I'll only say this once so that it doesn't confuse the anti celtic posters: Out of the mouth of David Sterns "Rondo obviously bumped the ref and we have a rule in place that no player shall touch a ref,unless he was tripped into the ref " well I'm not an attorney but the video clearly shows The referee trips Rondo just before the contact...No suspension unless they decide it's the only way to keep the Hawks in the series!!
    Posted by sportsbozo1

You might be right.  I can't wait until Stern retires, which I read/heard is supposed to be 2014.   Not soon enough for me.  I am anxious to see  if the officiating changes when he retires.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: AB may get suspended too : Oh really?  Little Rhondo needs anger management period!  Guess you did not hear about his little tantrum in a team meeting reviewing film where he threw a video machine and stormed out of the room pouting like a little 6 yr old.  Then there's the two game suspension for heaving ball at the refs vitals costing him two games and now this chest bumping a ref in back while crying like a little baby?  Rhondo should be suspended for the entire playoff series!
    Posted by kobedaman

I will patiently await your public admission you were wrong!!

Sections
Shortcuts