Actually it might suit us to lose in Miami

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

Re: Actually it might suit us to lose in Miami

y do guys keep going back to last year.  This Celtic team is different.  No inside presence and the bench players are not the same as last year!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Actually it might suit us to lose in Miami.

concord, the celtics are struggling to get something right. this isn't last year, where i could tell they seemed fine; right now, the Big 3/Rondo are tired, Doc is not using his bench well, even if Doc was using his bench well, they still would be coming up to speed; this team is a work in progress, and figuratively limping into they playoffs; they need confidence in their game and home court. that said, they have shown they have it in them to win in the face of adversity, so this game is not critical, but a win would be helfpul for the reasons i stated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Keep your eye on the prize!  Cant catch Rose so best we can do is obtain home court for first two rounds...that means beating Labra this Sunday and sending them a message....

The REAL thing is having a better record than the Lakers...make no mistake...they will be there waiting in the Finals...and we will too but it will be vital to have game 7 in BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

So much for better record.  I felt that this would be a game that if we lost could rally the team after it.  

However what I saw today is that Rondo is either injured. figured out by defenses or off the reservation.  We have no chance without our prime advantage last year and earlier this season.  I can't figure out how someone so dominant could be exposed and then effect the rest of the  team.

Ray has dropped off even more than Rondo. At this point to play him 38 minutes in a game where he is so off is beyond any logic.  Is Doc trying to destroy this group before the playoffs? Why would you stick with Ray so long Doc?  Ray needs a rest and sometime on the pine. Rondo seems unable to get Ray open shots.  He is playing like he is finished.

BBD who has been great all season long has also disappeared.  He does not drive to the basket and clangs twenty footers regularly.  He never blocks out and his strength is now never a factor. Is his knee still a problem?

Green continues to play no real minutes. I cannot pretend to know why Doc has no faith in him but this makes the trade more bewildering what was it for so this guy could sit on the bench.

Paul get points but seems to me to be a really ineffective no matter how many points he puts up.  He turns the ball over and gives up a lot of points on the defensive end.

Finally Doc played his starters way all over thirty minutes today.  In a game that we clearly could not win after the third period.  Is his goal to exhaust these guys for next week?  I just saw Doc being interviewed and I have never seen him so down.  

We can still win this game may inspire these guys out of their lethargy.

If Rondo is no longer effective the post season will come to a quick end.  He got outplayed in an important game by players he should have destroyed and disrupted.  What happened?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Actually it might suit us to lose in Miami:
    [QUOTE]So much for better record.  I felt that this would be a game that if we lost could rally the team after it.   However what I saw today is that Rondo is either injured. figured out by defenses or off the reservation.  We have no chance without our prime advantage last year and earlier this season.  I can't figure out how someone so dominant could be exposed and then effect the rest of the  team. Ray has dropped off even more than Rondo. At this point to play him 38 minutes in a game where he is so off is beyond any logic.  Is Doc trying to destroy this group before the playoffs? Why would you stick with Ray so long Doc?  Ray needs a rest and sometime on the pine. Rondo seems unable to get Ray open shots.  He is playing like he is finished. BBD who has been great all season long has also disappeared.  He does not drive to the basket and clangs twenty footers regularly.  He never blocks out and his strength is now never a factor. Is his knee still a problem? Green continues to play no real minutes. I cannot pretend to know why Doc has no faith in him but this makes the trade more bewildering what was it for so this guy could sit on the bench. Paul get points but seems to me to be a really ineffective no matter how many points he puts up.  He turns the ball over and gives up a lot of points on the defensive end. Finally Doc played his starters way all over thirty minutes today.  In a game that we clearly could not win after the third period.  Is his goal to exhaust these guys for next week?  I just saw Doc being interviewed and I have never seen him so down.   We can still win this game may inspire these guys out of their lethargy. If Rondo is no longer effective the post season will come to a quick end.  He got outplayed in an important game by players he should have destroyed and disrupted.  What happened?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You called for intervention sometime back. Its still needed.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc met with him, I don't know what came out of it but it was not enough.  The thing beside his no longer using his speed effectively is how is it the Celtics can never get Ray or anyone else a clean look at the three point line.  It is maddening because we have no idea.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

You guys got what you wanted....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG,
    C'mon do you think we wanted it to be loss?  I just thought winning four in a row against a team like Miami at home when we are not at full strength was a lot to ask. You seemed to have missed the point.  We are not playing well and maybe now this will get them in the mode they got in last year.  If we don't we have no chance.  Something is wrong at the moment with this team and it better get fixed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Actually it might suit us to lose in Miami:
    [QUOTE]Doc met with him, I don't know what came out of it but it was not enough.  The thing beside his no longer using his speed effectively is how is it the Celtics can never get Ray or anyone else a clean look at the three point line.  It is maddening because we have no idea.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Rondo has turned into a coach killer. How does a coach fix that?

This gets fixed a few paygrades above doc.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

It never suits a team to lost

They're underdogs because they s*ck right now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

A team can be motivated to win by a loss what do you mean?  This could serve as a much needed rallying point.  If you have played sports you know that. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Well, I disagreed with the original intent, but here we are with a humilitating loss to Miami.  So now that we're here I hope you're right, Concord!  On all counts...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Another bad loss.  I do believe that the Celtics will come back to life once the playoffs begin.  They looked bored out there today.  Mebron, NoBosh and What Flash better be ready come playoff time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ms. Lithium,
    I would have been happier with a win of course.  It would have been rare though for a team with three straight wins to go four and 0 with a team as talented as the Heat at home.  I am  troubled as I said before that Doc seemed so down after the loss.  If you have  not seen his after the game comments check them out.  He did not seem upbeat.