Adam Morrison Unwanted by Ainge Why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Adam Morrison Unwanted by Ainge Why?

Adam Morrisonearned MVP chants on final day of NBA Summer ....
    sports.yahoo.com/.../unstoppable-adam-morrison-obliterates-lakers-summer-league-gameAdam MorrisonSteals The Show Against The Celtics - The Hub - SB ...

Game after game Morrison played great basketball this summer but never got a phone call from Danny Ainge,not Dannys style of player?  yet Morrison ate up his Celtic draft picks.

Morrison was the MVP in College basketball but has to go begging for a job in the NBA . Why??  He also plays good D and is a great team player,but Doc and Danny never even mention him.

Very Sad

Like most great American white players he will have to go play overseas.

Take care Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Re: Adam Morrison Unwanted by Ainge Why?

In Response to Adam Morrison Unwanted by Ainge Why?:
    [QUOTE]Adam Morrison earned MVP chants on final day of NBA Summer ... . sports.yahoo.com/.../unstoppable- adam - morrison -obliterates-lakers-summer-league-game Adam Morrison Steals The Show Against The Celtics - The Hub - SB ...  Game after game Morrison played great basketball this summer but never got a phone call from Danny Ainge,not Dannys style of player?  yet Morrison ate up his Celtic draft picks. Morrison was the MVP in College basketball but has to go begging for a job in the NBA . Why??  He also plays good D and is a great team player,but Doc and Danny never even mention him. Very Sad Like most great American white players he will have to go play overseas. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]
    Because he can't guard anyone, not even in college. He blows. And anyone who thinks he's as good as Jeff Green is stupid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In Response to Re: Adam Morrison Unwanted by Ainge Why?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adam Morrison Unwanted by Ainge Why? : If Rondo develops a consistent shot outside of 4 feet, he will be deadly. Unfortunately, I have been this saying this for the past 5 years and it has yet to happen. Even another die hard Celtic fan named Fiercest34 said we should have traded him last year for Nash.
    Posted by GoGREEN![/QUOTE]

wait a second ...   there must be some mistake,  it says you just joind the forum 2 days ago,  wqho have you been saying it to for 5 years?    fraud/troll go away

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Adam Morrison does not play defense. He's a terrible athlete. Pure scoring might make you good enough for the 15th spot on a roster and not much else. The Celtics don't have a role for him. They're loaded at SG with Avery Bradley, Jason Terry, and Courtney Lee. I like the Celtics roster, as currently constituted. Unfortunately for us, the Lakers are simply too good (on paper) to lose. They may not have our depth, but four of their five starters are the same or better than our starters (C Howard > Garnett, PF Gasol >> Bass, SF Peace < Pierce, PG Rondo = Nash, SG Bryant >> Bradley).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

because morrison sucks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

runrunandrun,

"Like most great American white players he will have to go play overseas.'

Since the late 1950's the American white Basketball player has been on a collision course with extinction.  For example, in 1957-58, Russells first full year with the Celts, white American players dominated the nba. The top 48 players (8 teams x 6 players from each team) with the most minutes played for the year resulted in 42 whites (88%) and 6 blacks. 37 of the 48 players were under 6'8" and of those 37,  34 were white for 92%.  I charted the under 6'8" players because for the most part they represent the speed and quickness positions. From that point until 1979-80 it was a rather rapid switch over to a black league. In the past 30 years the decline of American white players in the league has reached the point that in 2010-11 the figues for American white players were as follows.

Based on most minutes played by 180 players(30 teams x 6 players per team) 10 of the players were american white (6%).  96 of the 180 players were under 6'8" and of those 96 only 4 were American white for 4%.  From 92% domination to 4% and near extinction.
       Perhaps its time to except the fact of black dominance in the game of basketball and realize that the "good old days" of white dominace during your youth are a thing of the distant pass. By the way, as a 80 year old I had the good fortune to be 18 when Cousy played his 1st game for the Celts in 1950, so I'm pretty well versed when it comes to American white basketball of the 50's and 60's.

Seems

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adam Morrison Unwanted by Ainge Why? : If Rondo develops a consistent shot outside of 4 feet, he will be deadly. Unfortunately, I have been this saying this for the past 5 years and it has yet to happen. Even another die hard Celtic fan named Fiercest34 said we should have traded him last year for Nash.

five years huh....started posting yesterday ,,lol         .....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Laker fans are truly classless..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

He played for the Lakers in the summer league. So, if he's that good, then why didn't the Lakers sign him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FREYTRAIN. Show FREYTRAIN's posts

He played for the clippers in the summer league

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Adam Morrison Unwanted by Ainge Why? : Because he can't guard anyone, not even in college. He blows. And anyone who thinks he's as good as Jeff Green is stupid.
    Posted by nutter44[/QUOTE]

nutter,

Morrison can play D as well as any forward on the C's, Bass and Sullinger are allot slower then Adam . It is all stereotype white guys can't jump white guys can't play defense,it is all bull. Look at the Gold metal game little Spain almost beat our very best players. Gasol ate up the Americans with 25 points yet he is soft  right?

Get real
    Run

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Adam Morrison does not play defense. He's a terrible athlete. Pure scoring might make you good enough for the 15th spot on a roster and not much else. The Celtics don't have a role for him. They're loaded at SG with Avery Bradley, Jason Terry, and Courtney Lee. I like the Celtics roster, as currently constituted. Unfortunately for us, the Lakers are simply too good (on paper) to lose. They may not have our depth, but four of their five starters are the same or better than our starters (C Howard /> Garnett, PF Gasol >> Bass, SF Peace < Pierce, PG Rondo = Nash, SG Bryant >> Bradley).
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

dave

How do you know Adam dosn't play defense?  You don't know your just living in the past. White guys can play defense look no further the the Olympics games. White guys almost beat our very best players,how if they can't play D??

Morrison ate up the C's best summer league players,look at the box scores,he was unstoppable period. Defense is overrated , players that can;t play the game play defense.

Wake up Morrison is a great player and you know it.

Run

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]because morrison sucks.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

kak

How does Morrison become the MVP in College Hoop if he sucks?? He played against the same NBA bound players and kicked their butts 30 points a game.

How did he kick Sullinger butt and Melos butt in summer league??

You my friend don't know hoop.
    Run

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]runrunandrun,  " Like most great American white players he will have to go play overseas.'   Since the late 1950's the American white Basketball player has been on a collision course with extinction.  For example, in 1957-58, Russells first full year with the Celts, white American players dominated the nba. The top 48 players (8 teams x 6 players from each team) with the most minutes played for the year resulted in 42 whites (88%) and 6 blacks. 37 of the 48 players were under 6'8" and of those 37,  34 were white for 92%.  I charted the under 6'8" players because for the most part they represent the speed and quickness positions. From that point until 1979-80 it was a rather rapid switch over to a black league. In the past 30 years the decline of American white players in the league has reached the point that in 2010-11 the figues for American white players were as follows.     Based on most minutes played by 180 players(30 teams x 6 players per team) 10 of the players were american white (6%).  96 of the 180 players were under 6'8" and of those 96 only 4 were American white for 4%.  From 92% domination to 4% and near extinction.    Perhaps its time to except the fact of black dominance in the game of basketball and realize that the "good old days" of white dominace during your youth are a thing of the distant pass. By the way, as a 80 year old I had the good fortune to be 18 when Cousy played his 1st game for the Celts in 1950, so I'm pretty well versed when it comes to American white basketball of the 50's and 60's.  Seems
    Posted by SeemsToMe[/QUOTE]

Seems to me your fudging the numbers,  39% of the NBA players are white ,you somehow forgot international players ???

Why have international white players and teams won more World and Olympic games then American teams the last 25 years??

The only reason black players dominate the rosters in the NBA is because the game is fixed. David Stern has turned the NBA into World Wrestling. It is all show,dunks, one on one star ball,no team basketball. Games are slow down 80-76 low scoring style.

Watching the NBA is like watching the Harlem Globe-trotters ,fake. Example is travels and palming the ball not called. Rondos one move is illegal as he palms the ball every time.

If black players are so superior how come little countries like Lithuania and Spain almost beat our best players??

Take care Run

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]He played for the Lakers in the summer league. So, if he's that good, then why didn't the Lakers sign him?
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

Played for the Clipps not lakers and they did sign him.

Run

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Yeah trade a twenty something all star for a fading darn near 40 year old has been.....you should find you a new crack dealer cause the one you have now is selling you hallucinatory drugs!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to Adam Morrison Unwanted by Ainge Why?:
    [QUOTE]Adam Morrison earned MVP chants on final day of NBA Summer ... . sports.yahoo.com/.../unstoppable- adam - morrison -obliterates-lakers-summer-league-game Adam Morrison Steals The Show Against The Celtics - The Hub - SB ...  Game after game Morrison played great basketball this summer but never got a phone call from Danny Ainge,not Dannys style of player?  yet Morrison ate up his Celtic draft picks. Morrison was the MVP in College basketball but has to go begging for a job in the NBA . Why??  He also plays good D and is a great team player,but Doc and Danny never even mention him. Very Sad Like most great American white players he will have to go play overseas. Take care Run
    Isn't there a KKK site you can go to post your pathetic racist suggestions and rants?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adam Morrison Unwanted by Ainge Why? :   kak   How does Morrison become the MVP in College Hoop if he sucks?? He played against the same NBA bound players and kicked their butts 30 points a game. How did he kick Sullinger butt and Melos butt in summer league?? You my friend don't know hoop. Run

Why you pick the celtics.There are another 29 teams.No one picked him up.Why? must be some reason,d,ont you think so?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Morrison has never found a home or playing time in the NBA because no one thinks that he is good enough.  Pretty simple at this point.

The Celtics have scouts and video tape available to study guys like Morrison just like every other team has.

I cannot see why the Celtics would want to take a roster space for a guy who would likely not dress for most games.  He certainly will not fill the one need I see the Celtics have at the moment-a big, rebounding type center.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Morrison has never found a home or playing time in the NBA because no one thinks that he is good enough.  Pretty simple at this point. The Celtics have scouts and video tape available to study guys like Morrison just like every other team has. I cannot see why the Celtics would want to take a roster space for a guy who would likely not dress for most games.  He certainly will not fill the one need I see the Celtics have at the moment-a big, rebounding type center.
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

So Boston couldn't use a 6-8 great shooting former college player of the year who scored 25 points against there best draft picks???

The NBA is a joke,it is WWrestling fake and the Boston Cs are the Harlem Globetrotters. Morrison will have to play in a real league overseas.

Run

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]morrison is a bum....simple as that.
    Posted by BostonPride34[/QUOTE]

Pride

Morrison is a bum who blew away the C's draft picks ,how does a bum do that ?

Run

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]morrison is a bum....simple as that.
    Posted by BostonPride34[/QUOTE]
    this

why is there a thread on Adam Morrison? worst part is people are debating his skills. guys stinks. good enough to be in nba, and lucky to be a bench warmer on a team who won 2 championships.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Run,

Been out all day-- Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Your below response is totaly irrelevant to my post since I clearly referenced "WHITE AMERICANS".

"Seems to me your fudging the numbers,  39% of the NBA players are white ,you somehow forgot international players ???"

Do some research and you will find my figures to be very accurate.

I thought that perhaps, as a couple of old timers, we could have an intelligent conversation about the 50's -60's vs later generations. However your statement that the nba is fixed leads me to believe that entering into a meaningfull conversation with you would be a total waste of time on my part and at 80 years time is quite valuable to me.

Seems 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Run,   Been out all day-- Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Your below response is totaly irrelevant to my post since I clearly referenced "WHITE AMERICANS".    "Seems to me your fudging the numbers,  39% of the NBA players are white ,you somehow forgot international players ???"    Do some research and you will find my figures to be very accurate.   I thought that perhaps, as a couple of old timers, we could have an intelligent conversation about the 50's -60's vs later generations. However your statement that the nba is fixed leads me to believe that entering into a meaningfull conversation with you would be a total waste of time on my part and at 80 years time is quite valuable to me.   Seems 
    Posted by SeemsToMe[/QUOTE]

Hi SeemsToMe

As an old timer you should be upset with the New NBA. The game has been changed to excite the uneducated fans. Have you been to a NBA game, I have to see at least 10 games a year at the garden  on business and the games are all about show.

Players are allowed to Travel 3 steps now, players are allowed to palm the ball-see Rondo. The old school passing and fast break are gone. New school players wear their shorts below the knee's ,remember our short shorts?

All I'm saying is if a player like Morrison can't make the C's who can? The man was voted best college player number 1. The man is 6-8 and shoots great and plays good D and team ball, but he dosn't dunk well.

The game has become ugly and defensive goons dominate the game. We could end all that by calling the game close and favoring offensive players over defensive goons.

Take care Run

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adam Morrison Unwanted by Ainge Why? : Hi SeemsToMe   As an old timer you should be upset with the New NBA. The game has been changed to excite the uneducated fans. Have you been to a NBA game, I have to see at least 10 games a year at the garden  on business and the games are all about show.  Players are allowed to Travel 3 steps now, players are allowed to palm the ball-see Rondo. The old school passing and fast break are gone. New school players wear their shorts below the knee's ,remember our short shorts?  All I'm saying is if a player like Morrison can't make the C's who can? The man was voted best college player number 1. The man is 6-8 and shoots great and plays good D and team ball, but he dosn't dunk well.  The game has become ugly and defensive goons dominate the game. We could end all that by calling the game close and favoring offensive players over defensive goons. Take care Run

I agree Run, There is a long line of teams waiting to pick up Morrison. The C's shouldn't wait too long to get this guy or he will be gobbled up by someone else. More than likely it will be overseas since he isn't good enough for the NBA. are you really this blind or just plain racist? Teams that run, mainly lose. The game has changed, if u don't change with it you lose.  Notice the NFL has turned to a passing game and runners are not what they used to be.  You are a tool.

Sections
Shortcuts