advantage of having rondo than rose/westbrook

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

advantage of having rondo than rose/westbrook

similar injuries right?

but the thing is

rondo is not as athletic as rose and westbrook

but coming from acl injuries? rose and westbrook will definitely affect their game.

i mean rose and westbrook uses their leaping ability to score while rondo played like a typhical pg

he doesnt have to jump as high as westbrook and rose to contribute or to help the team.

look at steve francis and baron davis how they ended their respective careers.

thats how valuable rondo is despite of his injury.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: advantage of having rondo than rose/westbrook

I thought that Westbrook just had a meniscus tear and an ACL injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

similar injuries right?

but the thing is

but coming from acl injuries? rose and westbrook will definitely affect their game.

i mean rose and westbrook uses their leaping ability to score while rondo played like a typhical pg

he doesnt have to jump as high as westbrook and rose to contribute or to help the team.

Be careful Ticket! Rally & Karl might attack you for making the thread like that... Laughing

On the topic of the thread, Rondo isn't as athletic as Rose or W-brook but he uses his quickness quite often to take his man of the dribble and since the jumper isn't his strength he might struggle unless he develops it more (which he's capable of doing).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

[QUOTE]

similar injuries right?

but the thing is

Be careful Ticket! Rally & Karl might attack you for making the thread like that... Laughing

On the topic of the thread, Rondo isn't as athletic as Rose or W-brook but he uses his quickness quite often to take his man of the dribble and since the jumper isn't his strength he might struggle unless he developes it more (which he's capable of doing).

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Fields, that's where the Haters' respectfully disagree. And if you were by chance correct, I would dislike him even more for wasting 8 years relying on his athletic gifts alone and choosing not to take the next step. If it turns out that he can improve then I would place the blame squarely on him for not having a 2nd ring during the Doc era. 

It would be like a beautiful woman just getting by on her looks and not cultivating her mind. More often than not it turns out ugly...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

similar injuries right?

but the thing is

On the topic of the thread, Rondo isn't as athletic as Rose or W-brook but he uses his quickness quite often to take his man of the dribble and since the jumper isn't his strength he might struggle unless he developes it more (which he's capable of doing).

Sorry Fields, that's where the Haters' respectfully disagree. And if you were by chance correct, I would dislike him even more for wasting 8 years relying on his athletic gifts alone and choosing not to take the next step. If it turns out that he can improve then I would place the blame squarely on him for not having a 2nd ring during the Doc era. 

It would be like a beautiful woman just getting by on her looks and not cultivating her mind. More often than not it turns out ugly...

Honestly i see it the same way. And his recent injury just shortened a period of his prime years. So i base my assumptions on last year's stats which say that he's one of the most efficient mid-range shooters (it means that he still develops). Plus he's still young and has got 4-5 very good years left in him.

Anyway if a decision about Rondo (trade or keep) helps the team i'll be all for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

similar injuries right?

but the thing is

Id have to disagree in a way... Rose and Westbrook are obviously better players and more athletic than Rondo...  However, not sure either one of them rely on athleticism to function on the court more than Rondo needs to.

Rose & Westbrook have far more skills, can shoot or post opposing PGs and play straight up defense.. .Rondo on the other hand doesnt possess these skills and therefore needs to defer to athleticism almost 100% of the time to have effectiveness.. like letting his player breeze past him with little resistence so he can attempt another swipe from behind takes quickness.. ... or dribbling the ball non stop until maybe he finds a seem and quickly shoots in for a layup or dish takes extraordinary conditioning

Theres not much Rondo does that doesnt fall into the category of athleticism... so although the other two possess more athleticism than Rondo, neither relys upon it for their game as much as RR needs to

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

similar injuries right?

but the thing is

Id have to disagree in a way... Rose and Westbrook are obviously better players and more athletic than Rondo...  However, not sure either one of them rely on athleticism to function on the court more than Rondo needs to.

Rose & Westbrook have far more skills, can shoot or post opposing PGs and play straight up defense.. .Rondo on the other hand doesnt possess these skills and therefore needs to defer to athleticism almost 100% of the time to have effectiveness.. like letting his player breeze past him with little resistence so he can attempt another swipe from behind takes quickness.. ... or dribbling the ball non stop until maybe he finds a seem and quickly shoots in for a layup or dish takes extraordinary conditioning

Theres not much Rondo does that doesnt fall into the category of athleticism... so although the other two possess more athleticism than Rondo, neither relys upon it for their game as much as RR needs to

LOL! Laughing You're funny! 

How exactly does playing straight up defense take less quickness? You wrote it yourself: "little resistence"! Little resistance requires little strain and little energy loss and little athleticism! I mean even a non-athletic player can play little resistance defense and then just try to swipe the ball from behind! 

You contradict yourself!

Not to mention that both Rose and Westbrook like to dunk (a lot!) and the dunks are not easy if your are not very athletic and a 7-footer contests your attempt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

similar injuries right?

but the thing is

How exactly does playing straight up defense take less quickness? You wrote it yourself: "little resistence"! Little resistance requires little strain and little energy loss and little athleticism! I mean even a non-athletic player can play little resistance defense and then just try to swipe the ball from behind! 

You contradict yourself!

Not to mention that both Rose and Westbrook like to dunk (a lot!) and the dunks are not easy if your are not very athletic and a 7-footer contests your attempt.

[/QUOTE]

Straight up D takes desire and discipline, two qualities Rondo doesnt possess much of. He'd prefer to let his opponent breeze on by and so Rondo can use his quickness and athleticism there to attempt a stat building steal...

Regarding dunks, cmon... Just about every player in the NBA can dunk the ball, including Rondo. Youre missing the point and Im not surprised coming from a Rondo groupie.

The point being Rose may dunk the ball but he doesnt need to dunk the ball every time to score...why? because he has skills Rondo doesnt possess, like a jumper, fall away etc etc etc ... Rose doesnt have to rely upon pure athleticism to be effective like Rondo does

Is any of this getting through to you??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

similar injuries right?

but the thing is

You contradict yourself!

[/QUOTE]

Straight up D takes desire and discipline, two qualities Rondo doesnt possess much of. He'd prefer to let his opponent breeze on by and so Rondo can use his quickness and athleticism there to attempt a stat building steal...

Regarding dunks, cmon... Just about every player in the NBA can dunk the ball, including Rondo. Youre missing the point and Im not surprised coming from a Rondo groupie.

The point being Rose may dunk the ball but he doesnt need to dunk the ball every time to score...why? because he has skills Rondo doesnt possess, like a jumper, fall away etc etc etc ... Rose doesnt have to rely upon pure athleticism to be effective like Rondo does

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that Steve Nash has got desire and discipline. If it takes desire and discipline then why is Steve Nash not using it to play straight up defense? Don't bother i can help you with that one! The answer is... Just not athletic enough! By the way have you ever seen Steve Nash's thunderous dunks? Pretty sure there must be hours of youtube video where Nash windmills and posterizes people right and left!Laughing

The point being Rose may dunk the ball but he doesnt need to dunk the ball every time to score...

Yet he dunks it a lot! And his jumper (as well as Westbrook's) isn't so effective. Maybe they can develop it but for now neither Rose nor Westbrook is an effective shooter.

I wonder what else you'll say next time. Maybe something like T-Mac or Carter didn't use their athleticism as much as Rondo... Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

similar injuries right?

but the thing is

You contradict yourself!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that Steve Nash has got desire and discipline. If it takes desire and discipline then why is Steve Nash not using it to play straight up defense? Don't bother i can help you with that one! The answer is... Just not athletic enough! By the way have you ever seen Steve Nash's thunderous dunks? Pretty sure there must be hours of youtube video where Nash windmills and posterizes people right and left!Laughing

The point being Rose may dunk the ball but he doesnt need to dunk the ball every time to score...

Yet he dunks it a lot! And his jumper (as well as Westbrook's) isn't so effective. Maybe they can develop it but for now neither Rose nor Westbrook is an effective shooter.

I wonder what else you'll say next time. Maybe something like T-Mac or Carter didn't use their athleticism as much as Rondo... Laughing

[/QUOTE]

WOW, out of the hundreds of NBA players you pick out one of the oldest and shortest to make a point about dunking  LMAO  I dont think anything more needs to be said about that.

Also, Rose dunks alot?? Take a guess how many dunks Rose averages per game? You really are uninformed and grasping for straws. Watching too much ESPN highlights which apparently form your opinions

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo losing half a step???

OMG.... he will suddenly wish  he had worked on his FTs and mid range game  in HS instead of playing with his pudding, rollerskating his time away... and later interning at GQ magazine.

Unless of course, b-ball for him is only a stepping stone to  an elite career

designing .......

...... clownsuits.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Be careful Ticket! Pud, Rally & Karl might will attack you for making the thread like that... Laughing

On the topic of the thread, Rondo isn't as athletic as Rose or W-brook but he uses his quickness quite often to take his man of the dribble and since the jumper isn't his strength he might struggle unless he develops it more (which he's capable of doing).

Fields4,

Sorry, but I had to correct the first part of your post (see in bold).

Agree about RR's quickness. Hope he regains it by the end of the season.

Also, wanted to add that RR has a skill that won't be affected by his injury and DR and RW don't come close - court vision (IMO).

AK

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

You contradict yourself!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WOW, out of the hundreds of NBA players you pick out one of the oldest and shortest to make a point about dunking  LMAO  I dont think anything more needs to be said about that.

Also, Rose dunks alot?? Take a guess how many dunks Rose averages per game? You really are uninformed and grasping for straws. Watching too much ESPN highlights which apparently form your opinions

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! Was Nash old 10 years ago too? 15 years ago? Laughing Did he play a good defense back then? Use your brain, man!

Rose dunks a lot if we compare him with Rondo. I know he's not Griffin who averages ~3-4 dunks per game. The point is he uses his freakish athleticism pretty extensively. Or he tore his ACL just jogging around?

Again, why don't an average NBA player just play straight up defense since it takes less athleticism than the little-resistence-and-then-try-to-swipe-tha-ball-from-behind strategy?Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

[QUOTE]

Be careful Ticket! Pud, Rally & Karl might will attack you for making the thread like that... Laughing

Fields4,

Sorry, but I had to correct the first part of your post (see in bold).

Agree about RR's quickness. Hope he regains it by the end of the season.

Also, wanted to add that RR has a skill that won't be affected by his injury and DR and RW don't come close - court vision (IMO).

AK

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, sinus! They couldn't resist!Smile Just like Karl said: "...little resistence (sic)." LOL

And you're spot on about court vision.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

OMG.... he will suddenly wish  he had worked on his FTs and mid range game  in HS instead of playing with his pudding, rollerskating his time away... and later interning at GQ magazine.

designing .......

...... clownsuits.

Pud

As an avid Rondo supporter ... I will never be able to support his off the court decisions. That is not fashion. NBA players should stick to what they're good at. And its not fashion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

designing .......

...... clownsuits.

Pud

OHHHHHHHHHHHH..SNAP!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

This might be one of the first time I agree (mostly) with Karllost.

1: Rondo relies very much on his athleticism. If more than Rose and Wesbrook remains to be seen, but Rondo is defenitely is no Dirk or PP who don't rely on athelticism.  

2: "Straight up defense" is as much relying on athletic skills as attitude. Rondo lacks the latter, not the first. To have some success with a "going for steals D", athletic skills are as least as important as for straight up D. Just ask Mr. Iverson.

3: It is very difficult how players develop when they get old. Vince Carter (as an example cause he was mentioned here) was relying only on his athletic abibilties when he was young, BUT he had a great year last year despite being old. He was one of the most efficient SGs last season despite being 36 yeasold.

4: Stop this Rondo is a great shooter. Just because he shoots completly open jumpers from mid range fairly well (on a limited sample size/volume), he is not a good shooter. Lets see if he is still shooting a nice %, if he is a step slow, has no one to pass the ball to, and is played straight up. If you want to age well as a perimeter player, a reliable three pointer is a major aspect. And Rondo (yet) doesn't have one.

5. I thought Westbrook had just a torn meniscus, which is less severe as an ACL. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/russell-westbrook-tears-meniscus-knee-surgery-no-return-165607637.html 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

similar injuries right?

but the thing is

You contradict yourself!

Excellent points, but don't expect it to make a difference.  You could also mention how he has made all defense teams been in the top five for defensive player of the year and so on and so on. Won't matter. They see what they want to see. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Rondo does not rely on athleticism as much as D-rose. or Westbrook.  Those guys need speed and explosiveness to finish. They are scorers first. more in the Dwayne Wade mode than that of a classic point guard.

Rondo, relies on his quickness sure, but his best asset is not going to the rim jumping over everyone, absorbing contact and scoring. His best asset is court vision and knowledge of the other team's defense (he's an avid film watcher.)  

Even if he is a step slower, his vision isn't going anywhere. His giant hands that aid his ball fakes aren't going anywhere. His obscenely long arms aren't going anywhere. His ball handling isn't going anywhere.

And Rondo's tear was partial. the Injury not as bad. Rondo, has a much better chance than those guys of being the player he was before. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

This might be one of the first time I agree (mostly) with Karllost.

1: Rondo relies very much on his athleticism. If more than Rose and Wesbrook remains to be seen, but Rondo is defenitely is no Dirk or PP who don't rely on athelticism.  

2: "Straight up defense" is as much relying on athletic skills as attitude. Rondo lacks the latter, not the first. To have some success with a "going for steals D", athletic skills are as least as important as for straight up D. Just ask Mr. Iverson.

3: It is very difficult how players develop when they get old. Vince Carter (as an example cause he was mentioned here) was relying only on his athletic abibilties when he was young, BUT he had a great year last year despite being old. He was one of the most efficient SGs last season despite being 36 yeasold.

4: Stop this Rondo is a great shooter. Just because he shoots completly open jumpers from mid range fairly well (on a limited sample size/volume), he is not a good shooter. Lets see if he is still shooting a nice %, if he is a step slow, has no one to pass the ball to, and is played straight up. If you want to age well as a perimeter player, a reliable three pointer is a major aspect. And Rondo (yet) doesn't have one.

5. I thought Westbrook had just a torn meniscus, which is less severe as an ACL. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/russell-westbrook-tears-meniscus-knee-surgery-no-return-165607637.html 

Actually Rondo was a much better straight up defender when the Celts had younger legs.  They were able to defend pick and roll much better and rebound as well.  As they regressed in that combination, Rondo became a different defender.  Lately, on picks, I had seen him left hung a lot by himself.  I also think that he was trading off some of his defense for rebounding.

In some ways I think that Rondo was trying to adjust to the declining situation.  At the same time, it did appear that he started chasing unnecessary assists.  Regarding his shooting woes, that can't be defended.  But we can't ignore that fact that he compensates for it by scoring very efficiently.

There is no doubt that Rondo has limitations.  At the same time, he has unusual brilliance.  However, I doubt that he will be able to develop the super star consistency.  His ceiling will be a high quality star.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

similar injuries right?

but the thing is

You contradict yourself!

Excellent points, but don't expect it to make a difference.  You could also mention how he has made all defense teams been in the top five for defensive player of the year and so on and so on. Won't matter. They see what they want to see. 

Well, i realize that but it's really funny to read some of the stupid things they post here. Although it'd be much better if they were posting something substantial.

Sections
Shortcuts