After all the early talk about how much the Celtics were going to miss Ray and how bad Terry is playing.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

After all the early talk about how much the Celtics were going to miss Ray and how bad Terry is playing.

For the year Allen is averaging 10.7 points a game.

Terry is averaging 10 points a game.

For February Ray is shooting 13 percent and averaging 3.3 points.

Terry is shooting 62 percent and averaging 10.5 points a game,

At the beginning of the year people were all over how wel Ray was playing, and how bad Terry was.

What say you now? Ray leaving didn't mean a thing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

Re: After all the early talk about how much the Celtics were going to miss Ray and how bad Terry is playing.

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

At the beginning of the year people were all over how wel Ray was playing, and how bad Terry was.

And Ray just keeps getting older.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: After all the early talk about how much the Celtics were going to miss Ray and how bad Terry is playing.

Amen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Well, I guess Terry is gettig younger. Everyone knew that Terry will become back close to his normal stats and everyone knew that Ray will not shoot 60 % for the year. Last year Allen was better than Terry (and Lee) despite his injury

Just watching the Miami - LA game, Ray gives Kobe a nice fight on the denfensive end. And made a bucket at the rim against him. Can you imagine Terry doing this? With his size? Even in the last games, Terry was brutal on the defensive end and that is not a compliment.

We lost only Ray, got Terry and Lee (and Green back from injury) and still looking for a shooter in Reddick cause we are horrible from 3 land over the year, ughh.

On top of this, we could use Terry's MLE for another player quite well.

Well, yes, we are much better with Terry...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Well, I guess Terry is gettig younger. Everyone knew that Terry will become back close to his normal stats and everyone knew that Ray will not shoot 60 % for the year. Last year Allen was better than Terry (and Lee) despite his injury

Just watching the Miami - LA game, Ray gives Kobe a nice fight on the denfensive end. And made a bucket at the rim against him. Can you imagine Terry doing this? With his size? Even in the last games, Terry was brutal on the defensive end and that is not a compliment.

We lost only Ray, got Terry and Lee (and Green back from injury) and still looking for a shooter in Reddick cause we are horrible from 3 land over the year, ughh.

I didn't say we were better with Terry. I said losing Ray has not made a difference for the Celtics.

Don't you remember those early season posts? People were going nuts and were saying things like Ray Allen was the difference between the Celtics and the Heat.

My post had nothing to do with who was "better". My point is that Ray Allen is now nothing more than an average player in the NBA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I didn't say we were better with Terry. I said losing Ray has not made a difference for the Celtics.

Don't you remember those early season posts? People were going nuts and were saying things like Ray Allen was the difference between the Celtics and the Heat.

My post had nothing to do with who was "better". My point is that Ray Allen is now nothing more than an average player in the NBA.

I remember all the Ray defenders where are they now?  He betrayed the team and Doc Rivers and I say good riddance to him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Losing Ray but adding Lee/Terry was going to eventually be a better move for us, its a statistical no-brainer, both players were younger and were going to shoot decent from 3 when all was said and done while being creative and better suited for an uptempo offense.

It was mostly that idiot Commie ranting and raving about Ray's small sample size #'s earlier in the year. The man is an attention starved mental midget who adds little to this forum but tedius 'look at me' lunatic posts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

There is only one difference maker in Miami, James. Width Wade and Bosh a distant second and third. Allen is a role player there, but still won some games for them earlier on. We could have needed this early in the season. Allen playes some decent halfcourt defense too. Terry never plays any defense.

And most interesting, maybe Allen was right with his opinion about Rondo...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Snake,

Check out the Celtics blog I posted on another thread about Melo being brought back up for the Nugget game. He has been up and down so many times he must feel like a yo-yo.  Maybe he is being dealt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Losing Ray but adding Lee/Terry was going to eventually be a better move for us, its a statistical no-brainer, both players were younger and were going to shoot decent from 3 when all was said and done while being creative and better suited for an uptempo offense.

It was mostly that idiot Commie ranting and raving about Ray's small sample size #'s earlier in the year. The man is an attention starved mental midget who adds little to this forum but tedius 'look at me' lunatic posts.

It was mostly him.  A few others too though talking about now that Ray was away from Doc and Rondo he was going to make the all star team bla bla bla.

The whole thing was ridiculous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Snake,

Check out the Celtics blog I post on another thread about Melo being brought back up for the Nugget game. He has been up and down so many times he must feel like a yo-yo.  Maybe he is being dealt.

Hard telliing. Ainge HAS to do something over the next week or two. He needs NBA ready bodies.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I have not seen someone saying Ray will be an Allstar. But I have seen a lot who claimed that Terry will solve our rebounding and defense (even though we have been a decent defensive team) issues, ouch. Still a lot of people compare Ray to Terry and Lee. The signing of Lee has nothing to do with Ray. Actually Terry "cost" us more than Ray this year salary cap wise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I have not seen someone saying Ray will be an Allstar. But I have seen a lot who claimed that Terry will solve our rebounding and defense (even though we have been a decent defensive team) issues, ouch. Still a lot of people compare Ray to Terry and Lee. The signing of Lee has nothing to do with Ray. Actually Terry "cost" us more than Ray this year salary cap wise.

I get your point and Ray was a great player. Ray left though. For less money. The signing of Lee because Ray left. Ray didn't get screwed over.

He left. For less money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

He left cause we signed Terry (a poor mans Ray Allen as a replacement), and rumors said he had an issue with Rondo. Well, if that is true, Lee and Terry obviously had the same problem with Rondo. In Miami he is allowed to be more that a catch and shoot guy, even though in a reduced overall role. We could have (and should have) signed Lee anyway. Ray and Lee > Terry and Lee.

By the way: I don't get that "for less money" thing. We always complain that the players only go for money. If someone goes for respect and his role in the team, fans complain as well. Ray is a rich man and wanted respect. The Cs offered him more money cause they could, not cause they valued him higher than Miami. I wish that KG would play for little less actually.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I thought people liked Terry because he could be a good back up at PG for Rondo when Rondo takes a rest in a game while at the same time also can play the 2.  And with Bradley hurt at the time, he was an excellent fit and a versatile veteran, and not specifically because he is going solve our defense and rebounding.  How is a smaller SG is going solve rebounding and defense?

Hindsight, Ray is a non-issue, he is not the player he used to be.  Great career but sorry, somehow something was not quite right here for him anymore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

+1

some people will go out of their way to be negative on Ray (and anyone else when they have a few bad games).   remember:  Green stinks.  Fire Doc.  KG is old and should retire.  Paul is pathetic.  Throughout the season there will be ups and downs. Clearly they've all proved the negative guys wrong.  same will be true with Ray.  Ray has a down month when Terry is having an up month - I still take Ray over Terry.  Over the life of a season, Ray plays better D and shoots better.  They are BOTH old so that is not an issue.  Don't be fooled by one month either way.  Look at their full body of work over the season like every other player and our Coach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

He left cause we signed Terry (a poor mans Ray Allen as a replacement), and rumors said he had an issue with Rondo. Well, if that is true, Lee and Terry obviously had the same problem with Rondo. In Miami he is allowed to be more that a catch and shoot guy, even though in a reduced overall role. We could have (and should have) signed Lee anyway. Ray and Lee > Terry and Lee.

By the way: I don't get that "for less money" thing. We always complain that the players only go for money. If someone goes for respect and his role in the team, fans complain as well. Ray is a rich man and wanted respect. The Cs offered him more money cause they could, not cause they valued him higher than Miami. I wish that KG would play for little less actually.

Good thoughtful post!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It is obvious that the point that I was trying to make was that Ray chose to leave. Whether or not his reasons were good ones only he truly knows.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

+1

some people will go out of their way to be negative on Ray (and anyone else when they have a few bad games).   remember:  Green stinks.  Fire Doc.  KG is old and should retire.  Paul is pathetic.  Throughout the season there will be ups and downs. Clearly they've all proved the negative guys wrong.  same will be true with Ray.  Ray has a down month when Terry is having an up month - I still take Ray over Terry.  Over the life of a season, Ray plays better D and shoots better.  They are BOTH old so that is not an issue.  Don't be fooled by one month either way.  Look at their full body of work over the season like every other player and our Coach.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

+1

Thanks. this was exactly my point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Lets remember a couple things about Ray..  he was clutch for the C's, much more so than Terry to date or probably ever will be.

Ray also left for a worse financial deal true... but the more I think about it, the less I feel its a betrayal.. Its my belief Ray left cause Rondo was staying and cramping his game bigtime..  I bet Ray would be playing much better in a C's uniform since ROndo left, just as JT is doing and many others.....and, Im one of the few that posted here believeing JT would eventually do better for us.. ditto for Pierce.

Ray was bigtime for us in a lot of crucial situations, especialyl when we won the title... anyone remember him going one-on-one to close out the big come from behind game in the finals in LA??

Yea, I do miss Ray at times but dont think its such a big deal either.. I like Lee and Terry and hoped their shooting would come around sooner or later

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

I thought it was a good deal all the way around. Ray needed to go some place that neded his skill, shooting, not defense. Celts needed energy off the bench and defense which are two things Terry does and does them well. His offense is a plus.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

Celts needed energy off the bench and defense which are two things Terry does and does them well. His offense is a plus.  

Come on, even the biggest Ray haters here (who obviously haven't seen Terry play in Dallas) have recently recognized that Terry is horrible at the D. He might be the worst defender at the SG position in the league (ok, ok, maybe Meeks from LA is as bad). Ray today defended Bryant (and did well) and Earl Clark. Can you imagine Terry doing this?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The thread is about Ray and Terry, but Karl is trying to turn it into another Rondo thread.

HAHAHA

Are you surprised??