After all the early talk about how much the Celtics were going to miss Ray and how bad Terry is playing.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: After all the early talk about how much the Celtics were going to miss Ray and how bad Terry is playing.

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Ray 2 points, 1-6 FGs against Lakers today.

Ray defended Kobe, seriously?

HAHAHA

I was thinking the same thing... really liked Ray as a Celtic but playing D? he was two steps slow last year and even slower response time now.... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: After all the early talk about how much the Celtics were going to miss Ray and how bad Terry is playing.

Ray 2 points, 1-6 FGs against Lakers today.

Ray defended Kobe, seriously?

HAHAHA

We all know you are a Ray hater cause you feel like a betrayed lover. Ray is shooting terrible lately, but unlike Terry he is not unseless when he is not shooting well. I watched the entire game. Ray defended Byant 1-1 for long stretches especially in the beginning when James was in early foul trouble. And Allen did well against Bryant as he always does, including a nice forced turnover in the 4th as well. Ray was even screened from Nash so that Bryant could go against the likes of Chalmers.  But of course you will never admit it and hijack this thread.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Seriously, man, Ray is NOT known for defense.

What are you thinking?

Did you watch the game? Did he play 1-1 against one of the best scorers in the game tonight for long stretches? (The answer is yes) Did he defend Bryant well? (The answer is yes)

Known for great defense? Just like all defensive teamer Rondo? Or Bryant 2 years ago? I don't care who is known for great defense, I watch the games. Ray played well on D tonight. He did play well on D last playoffs as well. He boarded great last playoffs as well. Is he known for rebounding? Not so much. But ok, stay with your hating and stereotypes if it makes you feel better. Getting Terry for Ray will solve our rebounding issues right?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Seriously, man, Ray is NOT known for defense.

What are you thinking?

Did you watch the game? Did he play 1-1 against one of the best scorers in the game tonight for long stretches? (The answer is yes) Did he defend Bryant well? (The answer is yes)

Known for great defense? Just like all defensive teamer Rondo? Or Bryant 2 years ago? I don't care who is known for great defense, I watch the games. Ray played well on D tonight. He did play well on D last playoffs as well. He boarded great last playoffs as well. Is he known for rebounding? Not so much. But ok, stay with your hating and stereotypes if it makes you feel better. Getting Terry for Ray will solve our rebounding issues right?

Please excuse fierces naivity.. he forms opinions based upon sports columnists, blogs and message boards..  I dont think he actually watches much of the game.. youll notice his constant, methodical posting that continues endlessly on the Celts game thread.. Prob has 4-5 other sights up he steals comments from and posts as his own..

By the way, Rondo made all defensive team.. dont you know that means hes a great defender?? People buy the hype cause they just dont know any better..

Now watch this thread get flooded by fierce and his gang of lapdogs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Getting Terry didn't help the Celts' rebounding issue. But Terry helped in the "does not get his lay-up blocked" department.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmCMmkPlKNo

Haha, didn't help AB though. Homestly, in the history of this forums, when has a bad argument ever fired back faster

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It really is amazing that every thread turns into a fight on here as of late.

My initial point was that purely because of Ray's fast start and Terry's poor start a lot of people lauded Allen and buried Terry. As of late Terry has played much better than Ray

They both have had excellent careers and at this point both careers are winding down.  Both would make any team they are on better.  But Ray is not head and shoulders above Terry at this point, as so many people said earlier.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

The answer is easy: some people are just so in love with certain players (e.g. Rondo) or feel betrayed cause they have been in love (e.g. Ray) that they let their emotions get in their way. And some have on top to the latter also an interest to start a fight about it (e.g. Fierce). It is what it is...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

It really is amazing that every thread turns into a fight on here as of late.

My initial point was that purely because of Ray's fast start and Terry's poor start a lot of people lauded Allen and buried Terry. As of late Terry has played much better than Ray

They both have had excellent careers and at this point both careers are winding down.  Both would make any team they are on better.  But Ray is not head and shoulders above Terry at this point, as so many people said earlier.

I agree........you are the cause of all the dissension........no, I'm kidding, you know I love your posts, man

We got Terry, IMO, for the playoffs.  He is just starting to round into form.  Ray started the year well, but he is already talking about retiring after the year, and he is struggling big time.  They are not even a wash at this point.  Ray can hide better with the other players on his team to carry him.  Terry, if he has a bad game, gets exposed easily.

Throw in Bradley, Lee and Barbosa, and we may YET be better in the long run without Ray.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Wow, after Denver punched Fierce in the grill (twice), just minutes later it is ESPN. Want a quote about the LA - Miami game?

Defending Kobe
    Considering the national stage and the Lakers' needing every win they can get, this game had the ingredients of a Kobe Bryant classic, but the Heat kept him in check, mostly. Bryant put on his facilitator hat early, but they probably needed him to be more assertive with Howard clearly limited. Ray Allen did a fine job on him late, to preserve Wade's foul issues.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8934100/los-angeles-lakers-miami-heat

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I saw it and I admit it. The difference is, you can't man up and would still deny the truth when THE TRUTH would present it to you.

Tell me: Did Ray defend Kobe tonight?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Kobe had 28 points on 11-19 shooting. 

Where's the good D?

You didn't watch the game and claim to know more than ESPN? Isn't that what you accused Kirk for? Pathetic!
    I will end this discussion with you know, as it is fruitless anyway. As you said before, you just bring the topic up to argue with people and cause Ray betrayed you.

I like what you bring to this forum, but with the Ray Allen thing you are out of you mind.

Sections
Shortcuts