After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

After Monday's 88-...

Happy now!

Also, please dont comment on the injury unless you have had it before.  Ironically I did have this last year. It was not due to B-Ball however.  I messed up my heel in a motorcycle accident.  I had to walk on my tippy toes for 3 months before it started feeling normal....IF you keep walking or in Rondo's case, playing it will never heal...so I think we should either give Rondo credit for toughing it out enough to even play or blame Doc for not sitting him and let him regain his form...but please leave the guy alone...We need him for the long run!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fas...

I dont doubt any of that Rico, but answer me this. Who's job is it to sit players and tell them when to come in and when to come out?

Is this the "Brand" that we heard R.R. talk about last summer.  Is he calling his own shots?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fas...

i mean, lets be honest, everyone knew hes had these problems all season. im not gunna go and blame the injuries for his bad play, but to explain him maybe going a step slower on defense and fast breaks? its a great possibility. bottom line, the guy DOES have to play better in order for us to go far in the playoffs, and the people on this board that dont think he is crucial to our playoff success are blind.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I also think the Kobe thing is overated....as he has shown in some games he can make the foul line J....its everything after that like the 12-18 ft range he struggles...

The thing is if Rondo shoots alot, it evens out...but when he only takes 3 jumpers and misses them then it stands out....Would we like it for him to be held more accountable on offense, yes...but its not imperative that he shoots great...other guys who specialize in scoring just have to do their jobs...His is to find open guys which he does very well...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

That same reporter reported that Paul Pierce was sitting with his foot in a bucket of ice after shooting 1 -10 in a win against the Heat.  He also reported that Pierce would get an MRI the next morning on his foot that had been nagging him for the better part of two weeks.

Had that same reporter decided to write a story about Ray or KG, he could have started the story with whichever body part they had submerged or wrapped in ice.  Everybody is injured right now but they play through it.  No excuses!

Like ShephardCall suggested, it looks like Rondo is "pouting" and the effort is just not there.  That is not injury-related.  Fouling 3 point shooters at critical times is not an injury-related issue.  Rondo just does not seem to have his "head" into things right now.

And it does "seem" that you are suggesting that his injury should give him a pass as you say "leave the guy alone".  I don't agree that he deserves a pass.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

A player icing down ankles or knees is nothing new or out the ordinary. I've been saying for weeks that Rondo is beat up and needs rest and this was before the All Star break.

THIS IS WHY I"M TICKED AT WEST. Doc cannot play Bradley and they just landed Arroyo. Doc tried to use Nate at PG for as long as he could but it could've worked IF WEST WOULD EVER PLAY. West injury has caused so much inconsistency in the backcourt and now Doc has no choice but to play Rondo...when he's obviously hurt. Nate may still be a Celtic had West been playing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Respect Petey.  I hear you, but do you think guys just like to get feet wet by sulking it in ice.  Are you comparing a bad ankle to Plantar Fasciuitis?  They are worlds apart. 

I never said he deserves a pass. I said blame Doc

Why do you think pouting is not injury related?  I know if I am not playing to my abilities because I am hurt I may get frustrated and it may show... I just dont understand how everyone can say how a person feels when clearly the guy is not playing the same. How can you gauge his pain threshold?  I respect your opinion but it I disagree. 

We KNOW he has injury problems..everything else (Mad about Perk), (isnt getting any p*ssy) , (he is bored) is all PURE speculation on you guys part.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

JayShizzle45, much respect.  I apologize but it appeared that you were guaging his pain threshold with the thread headline.  I am sorry for presuming that from what you wrote.  Is his plantar fasciitis minor, moderate or severe?  Who knows?  He's on the court playing so whatever is going on with his feet, it should not be used as an excuse.

I am just noting other player's injuries.  I am not attempting to compare any injuries because I don't know the severity of anyone's injuries, Rondo's or otherwise (mild, moderate, severe).  All I know is just about everyone is experiencing injuries right about now and nobody is making excuses.

You are correct (very correct, lol) that alot is PURE speculation but it appears that since Perk got traded, he's been the one who's game seemed to have deteriorated the most.  It's well known that Perk was his closest friend on the Celtics and many people feel Rondo and Perk were destined to be together for many years to come.

I like you last paragraph.  lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles.:
    [QUOTE]That same reporter reported that Paul Pierce was sitting with his foot in a bucket of ice after shooting 1 -10 in a win against the Heat.  He also reported that Pierce would get an MRI the next morning on his foot that had been nagging him for the better part of two weeks. Had that same reporter decided to write a story about Ray or KG, he could have started the story with whichever body part they had submerged or wrapped in ice.  Everybody is injured right now but they play through it.  No excuses! Like ShephardCall suggested, it looks like Rondo is "pouting" and the effort is just not there.  That is not injury-related.  Fouling 3 point shooters at critical times is not an injury-related issue.  Rondo just does not seem to have his "head" into things right now. And it does "seem" that you are suggesting that his injury should give him a pass as you say "leave the guy alone".  I don't agree that he deserves a pass.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

That's true, but when your greatest asset is your speed, a foot injury is a big deal. He is not complaining about and is out there playing BIG minutes every night. I hope when west is back Doc will get Rondo some serious rest. We need him in the playoffs. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Agreed.  Everyone is hurting....and believe me I am probably one of Rondo's biggest critics....but I just dont like when one person is piled on, so I play devils advocate...and I also know he needs to play better for us to win.  I guess Im jsut not sold that he would selfishly hurt the team. Is he stubborn enough to not admit he needs a rest...Maybe...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

I get it.  Larry Bird, with the screwd up back, and Kevin McHale, with the broken foot, didn't know what pain was.  OOPS!  Wrong injuries.

Bird laid on the floor, every time he came out of a game, because the floor was more comfortable.

If Rondo had 25 Assists with sore feet, did the sore feet help him get 25 Assists?

Rondo is playing poorly.  He is holding on to the ball.  He never gets fouled.  Sore Feet?

Rondo has shot 99 Foul Shots in 54 games.  Russell Westbrook has shot 516 Foul Shots in 66 games.  That's Rondo 1.8 FS a game.  Westbrook 7.8 Foul Shots a game!

Westbrook must have good feet.    Surprised 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Agreed.  Sitting Rondo is best scenario...so that way atleast Arroyo has experience with the first team.  If anyone thinks that Rondo can make it thru 3 to 4 greuling playoff series without a rest before they start... They are mistaken....You sacrifice a few games for the greater cause which is # 18

If you know you are better than a team at full strenght, why would you care where you played anyway.....Its overated if we are not talking about the Finals...and if we were to draw L.A. again., they should be motivated to kick their a rse, I dont care if the game is in Washington Park, Roxbury!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to After Monday’s 88-79 loss at New Jersey, Rondo sat with his feet soaking in ice, attempting to calm his plantar fasciitis and sprained right ankle while pondering his recent struggles.:
    [QUOTE]Happy now! Also, please dont comment on the injury unless you have had it before.  Ironically I did have this last year. It was not due to B-Ball however.  I messed up my heel in a motorcycle accident.  I had to walk on my tippy toes for 3 months before it started feeling normal....IF you keep walking or in Rondo's case, playing it will never heal...so I think we should either give Rondo credit for toughing it out enough to even play or blame Doc for not sitting him and let him regain his form...but please leave the guy alone...We need him for the long run!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Never had plantar fasciitis but sprained my ankle several times.  The latter was bad enough, I cannot imagine playing on both.  I'm sure the physical pain is where some of this "pouting" came from.  Now that West is back, Doc has GOT to give Rondo some serious rest.  Maybe even a couple games off.  We do need him for the playoff run AND hopefully for the next 10 years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He's hurt.  It is late in the year.  If he is not going to be right for the playoffs.  We will not win this year.  Plain and simple.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Plantar Fascitits is not a significant injury. It's manageable and treatable. Every player has nagging injuries this time of year. Rondo is young. There should be no excuses.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think Rondo, like others, need a rest.  I was hoping he'd hold out until game 79 or 80.  Typically, starters and/or injured guys get those final couple/few games off before the grind of the playoffs start.

Maybe he needs that rest now and then at the end of the season too.

I do have to consider CaptChris' point above.  That leaves alot to be desired.  99 foul shots compared to 516 for Westbrook.  That is crazy.  There CANNOT be a logical excuse for that, can there?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

So Doc should sit him, but Doc doesn't want Rondo to be mad at him.  Rondo only sits when he wants to...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I have to look up the numbers...but I cant see how people forgot that when Rondo is on, he has ate up a lot these guards that people are gawking over.  He hasnt been going to the hoop cuz its hard to drive when you cant plant on your heel.  In his defense, h was much more agressive earlier in the year and we know he can finish....He has made that floater off the backboard with regularity and being a player thats a hard shot!    You guys are acting like he is not a capable player...thats why I think its easy for me to go with "he is hurting" excuse....cuz you dont just lose your game and forget how to play..its obvious he is limited and picks and chooses his spots and the fact he is not finishing is due to him not being 100% in M.H.O.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Any disease that ends in "-itis" generally is a catch all, nebulous disease that no one really can pin point... like arthritis or sinusitis or gastritis or a zillion other afflictions that range from mild to severe.

So Rondo has a fasciitis. Big deal.

I suspect that every other player in green also suffers from one or more "-itis" disorders this time of year. This is nothing new.

Grow up and play ball, kiddo.

Welcome to the real world where disappointments are rampant. You live a very sheltered life. Enjoy it... but you get little sympathy from me. Earn your keep
    or step aside for someone who will.

The soap opera gets old.

Pud

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

As a side note plantar fasciitis caused Tim Duncan to have his most ineffective year whilst in his prime.  Only an offseasn of rest cured this for him.  Thankfully he did get back to his best.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

You guys forget when Perk was dealing with his bout of PF'itis, eh?

PF is like trying to maintain your balance on marbles while said marbles poke the muscles and tendons in your foot/feet ... try it sometime (put a handful of marbles in your sneakers and take a run .... I dare you!) ... and get back to us with your prognosis .... is "osis" like "itis" ???