after shaq is there a 3 team deal out there for fernandez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: after shaq is there a 3 team deal out there for fernandez

Is Fernandez that good? I honestly haven't seen him play much. We could use some youth/athleticism that's for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

POR expects to be a contender next year.  Why would they give up Rudy for nothing just because the numbers work out?

Looks good on our end, but what's in it for them?  POR is only considering moving him because he is unhappy there.  But they aren't going to give him away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I'm just saying it may take a 3rd team to make the numbers work.  A team like the knicks may love to shed some salary by taking on the sheed contract, and move a body to portland to keep the numbers working.  The C's would probably have to sweeten one or both deals with draft picks...if it is worth it for fernandez.  I have never seen him play, but the idea of a young wing player with his approximate skill set and size seems to be a good fit.  I like the shaq fit for the second team as well,  The C's need his interior size, rebounding, and D.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"don't you guys read?"

got a link to the story?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

We all suspect it as a possibility, but haven't seen it written yet.  All I read is Shaq for the VM...would love for shaq to take up much less than sheeds deal.  IMHO no more than 1/2 of it, allowing for a trade exception to pick up a rudy fernandez or similar for the trade exception plus pick(s).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

I don't see Rudy Fernandez filling our last remaining need on this team.  We need a a SF who is James Posey-like.  It would be nice to find someone in 6'8" or 6'9" range with a decent shot and the athleticism to fit into our defensive scheme.

PA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: after shaq is there a 3 team deal out there for fernandez:
    [QUOTE]I don't see Rudy Fernandez filling our last remaining need on this team.  We need a a SF who is James Posey-like.  It would be nice to find someone in 6'8" or 6'9" range with a decent shot and the athleticism to fit into our defensive scheme. PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

I agree that we definitely need another SF similar to Posey.  Someone to replace TA. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Yes susan.  Replace TA, but TALLER>  We need more height at the 3!!!

PA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see Rudy Fernandez filling our last remaining need on this team.  We need a a SF who is James Posey-like.  It would be nice to find someone in 6'8" or 6'9" range with a decent shot and the athleticism to fit into our defensive scheme. PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

With 'Melo pulling his Denver Diva act, NO may be in a position to make a run at him.  This would keep the other Diva, CP3 happy.  So, why not just go after Posey?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillRKG. Show BillRKG's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just saying it may take a 3rd team to make the numbers work.  A team like the knicks may love to shed some salary by taking on the sheed contract, and move a body to portland to keep the numbers working.  The C's would probably have to sweeten one or both deals with draft picks...if it is worth it for fernandez.  I have never seen him play, but the idea of a young wing player with his approximate skill set and size seems to be a good fit.  I like the shaq fit for the second team as well,  The C's need his interior size, rebounding, and D.
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]

That's true because the knicks wasted an extra twenty million on stoudmire by paying him 100 million not 80. Their going to be open to thinning down their roster. Also Sheed is now not on the Celtics books which means he's not on the roster so i'm not sure if they can trade him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillRKG. Show BillRKG's posts

The celts couldn't even afford posey. Rudy Fernandez is the best availble option for the celtics. There's also Trento Hassel who's a good defender and avaible for low cost. And Tim Thomas despite his age.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillRKG. Show BillRKG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: after shaq is there a 3 team deal out there for fernandez : I've seen Posey play for NO last year. He has lost a step, he's not the Posey of 2008 anymore. 
    Posted by Fierce34[/QUOTE]

They couldn't pay him either. Marquis daniels might fill that position though. Thats what they resigned him to do

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

Is it possible that we can start thinking about someone better than Rudy?  For Bigs, we now have KG, JO, Shaq, Perk, BBD, and Ehrden (sp??). It seems like at least one pretty good player is not going to get alot of minutes. Could Ainge move one Big (BBD??, Perk??) and Sheed's contract for a good wing?  Together, those two pieces could bring back a pretty good player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Also a possibility to pair Sheeds contract with Daniels or wafer for a legitimate 3...Who is out there in that 8m range....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Daniels can't be traded till December 15th

Wafer signaled the end of Fernandez, while Rudy is better, Wafer gives you 80%, similar role/style, same salary, but no compensation

Sheed needs to be turned into a SF asap

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: after shaq is there a 3 team deal out there for fernandez : I've seen Posey play for NO last year. He has lost a step, he's not the Posey of 2008 anymore. 
    Posted by Fierce34[/QUOTE]

dude , just maybe playing on that lousey Hornets team did not motivate POSEY....i too watched him and he looked like the same "big-game-james" to me......be mindful of when Posey plays his best....BIG GAMES.....those cajun dudes shot their wad in the super-bowl......"lost a step"...you cannot be serious.....POSEY never had a step to lose!!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Not many match up $ for $ with sheed...unless that team has cap space...or a third team is involved.  We need 1 more larger piece to thumb our noses at the heat and lakers...as of right now I like our chances...but I would love to say F you...what ever you can do we can do better.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2f856hl

similar to what I suggested previously, but since we've already got shaq....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

[QUOTE]http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2f856hl similar to what I suggested previously, but since we've already got shaq....
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

What else would portland get in this deal?  A 1st round pick?  2 picks?  They "ONLY" get a tremendous amount of cap relief...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcazrak. Show rcazrak's posts

[QUOTE]Is Fernandez that good? I honestly haven't seen him play much. We could use some youth/athleticism that's for sure.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I think he is, especially after I saw him dunk on Dwight Howard during last Olympics after fearlessly driving baseline.  I watched him at Portland; can play the 1, 2,or 3.  He 'd get alot of playing time with Celts. Remember John Havlicek? 

25. This post has been removed.