After the Celtic-Sixer Game Cast A Vote

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: After the Celtic-Sixer Game Cast A Vote

I absolutely would do that first trade without even seeing Hawes or Turner, again. Getting both of them and the opportunity to match any offers this offseason is absolutely work that pick. 

The only reason why I would not would be if I had a very specific free agent target this offseason such as Hayward or Monroe. If that were the case I wouldn't want the cap holds of Turner and Hawes.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Sorry the point wasn't emphasized, there is no way you get Hawes and Turner with Humphries and that pick. You're right, they're assets, so the 76ers are going to want something in return. Hump and that pick aren't enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Umm... game winner, Evan Turner.  

We now are looking at the #3 pick... which is what Evan Turner was.   

Don't think Philly is going to give up on him just yet.

Presently,  if you were DA....  would you take Parker or Andrew Wiggins?

Hmmm... getting interesting!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sorry the point wasn't emphasized, there is no way you get Hawes and Turner with Humphries and that pick. You're right, they're assets, so the 76ers are going to want something in return. Hump and that pick aren't enough.

[/QUOTE]

Sixers decided to bundle the two players for a first round pick since they could only get a 2nd rounder for Turner alone due to RFA status. With Hawes (UFA) there is more incentive for another team to provide a 1st rounder.

Philly is rebuilding and getting back their 2014 Protected Pick from the C's is better than getting the Clippers #1 in 2015 since Philly would be assured of a pick from 1-20 in 2015. They don't want players back unless prospects so prefer a #1 and expiring contract. Hump and their own protected gives them exactly what they are looking for.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/01/16/report-sixers-looking-to-package-evan-turner-and-spencer-hawes-in-trade/

OKC would give up one of the late 1st round picks and maybe PJ3 but we wouldn't need to resign Bradley for $8MM and could give him up as well.

[/QUOTE]

Again, I'd do that trade.

I'd also include the 2015 Clippers pick. I then try to resign both players.

Got to get rid of Bass' contract tho in another trade. He is tradable for an expiring at the very least. Then:

Rondo (12), Pressey(.5), 

Turner(10), Bradley (6)

Green (10), McDermott(2), Wallace (10)

Sullinger (1.5), Olynyk (2)

Hawes (8), Embiid (4)

That would be a competitive team. So would Jabari / WCS.

I only worry about the Rondo, Turner, Green combo. I much prefer a Rondo, Tuner, Haywood combo. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I'd do the trade, but I don't think Philly would.

I also, without that duo, would re-sign Hump for half what he makes now for 2 years.

And, to answer another poster, I'd take Parker over Wiggins.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd do the trade, but I don't think Philly would.

I also, without that duo, would re-sign Hump for half what he makes now for 2 years.

And, to answer another poster, I'd take Parker over Wiggins.

[/QUOTE]

Again I ask why?

If Philly will do OKC's 1st Rd Pk plus PJ3 along with matching salaries (Perkins, Sefalosa & PJ3???), why wouldn't they do Hump & Bradley and the pick? They wouldn't have to absorb Perk for an extra year @ almost $9MM.

[/QUOTE]

Two reasons:

1.  The OKC package has better players in it.

2.  Teams seldom trade within their division.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Hawes played better than any center we've had in a while but, I don't see Danny making the deal. Two reasons, it makes us better than Philly and if Hawes is playing for a contract so he'd make us better for this season. We need a top 3 pick. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Here's my thoughts on what Danny's up to. We make top 3 this year. Take Jabari. He goes on his Mormon mission next year. We continue to rebuild next year- stink it up again. We get another top 3-5 pick next year.  

Jabari comes back, our new pick, we add an all star caliber player via trade or free agency. We get better and have the Nets picks in the top 10 for the next three years. 

That seems like the plan Danny is following unless we don't get a top three pick or some team offers him an all star. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I don't know if we could get them, but I think it would be good if we could, either thru trades or free agency in Hawes' case.  A starting five of Green, Hawes, Sully, Turner, and a healthy Rondo is solid.  With a KO, Bayless, and a top three pick as the first three bench players, it would be an interesting team, young, athletic, fun to watch...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to myurkus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know if we could get them, but I think it would be good if we could, either thru trades or free agency in Hawes' case.  A starting five of Green, Hawes, Sully, Turner, and a healthy Rondo is solid.  With a KO, Bayless, and a top three pick as the first three bench players, it would be an interesting team, young, athletic, fun to watch...

[/QUOTE]

Free-agency is out of the question.

The Celts don't have the cap space to sign both Hawes and Turner.

[/QUOTE]  I know.  But you could in theory swing a trade for turner and get Hawes in FA.  I think this roster may change a lot in the next three weeks, so who can say what our payroll will look like?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I absolutely would do that first trade without even seeing Hawes or Turner, again. Getting both of them and the opportunity to match any offers this offseason is absolutely work that pick. 

The only reason why I would not would be if I had a very specific free agent target this offseason such as Hayward or Monroe. If that were the case I wouldn't want the cap holds of Turner and Hawes.

[/QUOTE]

Hard to see phila trade with boston.Same division,same conference.Would be great trade,no doubt.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I know.  But you could in theory swing a trade for turner and get Hawes in FA.  I think this roster may change a lot in the next three weeks, so who can say what our payroll will look like?

[/QUOTE]

Not possible, the Celts don't have 10m in cap space to sign Hawes.

Hawes will most likely ask for at least 10m per year.

The Celts don't have the cap space for that.

[/QUOTE]  Again, not necessarily true.  We dont know what their cap situation will be yet, they may still trade existing contracts for expiring.  I cant say they will, but they might be in a situation to spend 10 mil on hawes next season.  We can revisit this point on feb 21.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Again, not necessarily true.  We dont know what their cap situation will be yet, they may still trade existing contracts for expiring.  I cant say they will, but they might be in a situation to spend 10 mil on hawes next season.  We can revisit this point on feb 21.

[/QUOTE] 

Yes, let's revisit this point on Feb. 21.

But right now the Celts have 48.4m in total salaries for 8 players next season.

And that doesn't include Avery Bradley.

For the Celts to have 10m in cap space, the Celts would have to find a team to take Wallace without the Celts receiving any contract/s in return.

And for the record, even if the Celts have 10m in cap space, no way will Ainge sign Spencer Hawes to a 10m per year deal.

Spencer Hawes is not the rim protector we are looking for.

[/QUOTE]  I am not arguing about the current cap situation.  My point is Rondo, Bass, Wallace, or Green may be gone in a few weeks, and if they were, and part or all of the return to us was in expiring contracts, that would change the cap situation.  Maybe no trades will occur, who can say?  As far as Hawes goes, he is not the defensive presence Asik is, but he is scrappy and tough, and he is much more skilled offensively.  Assuming we couldn't get Embiid, we could do a lot worse.  Is he worth 10m/yr?  I'm not sure about that, but I don't think it is out of the question.