After the Dust Settles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

After the Dust Settles

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-130221/nba-best-worst-2013-trade-deadline

It could be worse..We could be Sacramento..lol They are getting crucified in the press..

Giving up on their lotto #5 pick...wow! At least our guy(Sully) in on rehab..

All said, not many deals were made, everybody played it close to the vest.

Reddick was the big fish.. No body wanted to stick their necks out to far.

At least we don't have a 100 mill payroll and potential unprotected lotto pick.

We picked up two athletic players with questionable attitudes.

Lets see what we can find in the NBA garbage bins..

Hey Hickson was there last year...who knows...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Re: After the Dust Settles

yea then KG might retire and we get nothing but cap room for him. and if he went to the clippers he might have had a good chance to get another championship which would have been nice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The problem is it's just going to be a 1st round exit if the Celts face Miami or NY in the 1st round.

It's very unlikely the Celts will finish better than 7th in the east.

Wrong. Again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

C's have the bi-annual to offer a player who is bought out and Bird rights on Krstic, those are the only two saving graces right now unless Wilcox can become that 20 min 7/6 guy he was before his heart issue or Melo can develop 18 months faster than expected.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I don't care about what seed but we sure aren't going 1 and done. The Knicks are well being the Knicks and will continue to slide and yes ,we can beat the Heat in a series. If it wasn't for two blatantly outcome enhancing calls last series we beat the Heat and we will beat them this year. The team I fear most in the east is Indiana. Out west, I think SA has the coaching and experience but need to stay healthy,OKC took a step back when they let Harden go that will show more come playoff time and like I've said since before the beginning of the year Den has the pieces and coaching to suprise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Agreed..Indiana is my sleeper as well...Granger is back and they played Miami tough last year..

I don't think anybody is going to be jumping for joy to play us in the first round either..

At the same time, I have to respect KG for wanting to die a Celtic...

Very unusual for a player to be that committed to his team.

Don't get the same vibes from Howard..lol

Russel insisted on being called a former Celtic Captain instead of a hall of famer...

So lets roll with what we gots.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

C's have the bi-annual to offer a player who is bought out and Bird rights on Krstic, those are the only two saving graces right now unless Wilcox can become that 20 min 7/6 guy he was before his heart issue or Melo can develop 18 months faster than expected.

Don't we still have the rights to Milicic? Should he want back in for the playoffs (sooner to get acclimated) we could resign him for the VM which would be pro-rated right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

The problem is it's just going to be a 1st round exit if the Celts face Miami or NY in the 1st round.

What makes you think that?  Last year you didn't see the C's going far and look how far they made it. This team has proven over the years that they are playoff built...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I don't care about what seed but we sure aren't going 1 and done. The Knicks are well being the Knicks and will continue to slide and yes ,we can beat the Heat in a series. If it wasn't for two blatantly outcome enhancing calls last series we beat the Heat and we will beat them this year. The team I fear most in the east is Indiana. Out west, I think SA has the coaching and experience but need to stay healthy,OKC took a step back when they let Harden go that will show more come playoff time and like I've said since before the beginning of the year Den has the pieces and coaching to suprise.

We were beating a Boshless Heat last year.  When Bosh came back, the Heat trounched us.  The C's were very lucky last year and had more trouble with Philly then they should have.  Last year was an illusion - let it go.  We're not getting out of the first round this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

sounds a lot like your predictions from last year.  We could beat NY in a series.  No doubt in my mind on that.  Of course we could lose also.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

We were beating a Boshless Heat last year.  When Bosh came back, the Heat trounched us.  The C's were very lucky last year and had more trouble with Philly then they should have.  Last year was an illusion - let it go.  We're not getting out of the first round this year.

the Heat torched us because of Lebron,  plain and simple.  Anything can happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Last year Rondo was a beast in the playoffs. Who is going to be a beast this year?  Jeff Green? I don't think so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Last year Rondo was a beast in the playoffs. Who is going to be a beast this year?  Jeff Green? I don't think so.

If we had been able to bring in a viable big like Gortat or Dalembert things would have been different.

Many on the BB seem to want to believe our thinness upfront is not on life support.  KG sprains his ankle we are one of the worst teams in the league.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

If we had been able to bring in a viable big like Gortat or Dalembert things would have been different.

Many on the BB seem to want to believe our thinness upfront is not on life support.  KG sprains his ankle we are one of the worst teams in the league.  

I don't usually criticize Ainge but I am very confused at to why he didn't get a Dalembert or a Mozgof type.  The Celtics are frighteningly thin up front.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Bradley...I think this kid has another gear that we have only seen flashes of..

The problem is he is still adjusting to the pt guard role...if we find another real pt guard, then it would free him up to roam around more...and his big time D will pay dividends in the playoffs..

and yes, Green is going to have to bring it every night...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I don't usually criticize Ainge but I am very confused at to why he didn't get a Dalembert or a Mozgof type.  The Celtics are frighteningly thin up front.

Agreed..

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

T.Williams

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Wrong. Again.

So give us your prediction.

What seed will the Celts finish this season and how long will they last in the playoffs?

I think we can beat the Knicks. I think Indy is a tougher machup as we are currently constructed.

I think we have a decent chance at surpassing Atlanta. Who knows what Chicago and Brooklyn will do. They NY teams are fools gold to me. I think we can beat Brookyln, NYK, Atlanta, Mil in a series. 

I'd say Miami and Indy we could drag out to a 7-game series, but we would certainly be the underdogs.

Chicago should beat us - esp with Rose back - but I think we could contend & make it close.

If we had Rondo, I'd like our chances to be back in a game7 ECF situation.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

After the dust settle, the Celtics will not have Rondo for the playoffs.

Even Rondo haters would have to admit Rondo is at his best when it's playoff time.

Are the Celts better without Rondo come playoff time?

NO WAY!!!

Definitely not better off - but lets not assume that it means we automatically lose without him. Chicago has done quite well without Rose, considering.

25. This post has been removed.