AfterThoughts: Celtics vs. Raptors 4/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

AfterThoughts: Celtics vs. Raptors 4/13

Ok,

so I missed the first half. Which is the part where we actually played good??

Whether we had a miracle and squeeked that game out with a victory, I was terribly disappointed in the way we played. Too many jump shots, have we not learned?? We had them in foul trouble early in the 4th quarter and still Pietrus jacked up a couple threes, KG jacked up a three. We arent going to get far playing like that. That high fg percentage game we recently had was a gift and a curse. I knew we would easily fall back in to taking alot of jump Shots.

Let me also give toronto credit because they were on fire tonight. Although the lack of defense when we did decide to contest they made some very tough baskets. To sum up tonight there just wasnt any effort hustle or energy defensively. Its very rare we have a size advantage but when we do, we MUST use it. Go to KG in the post, let him go to work. It seems like in games like this the big 4 tune doc out until the 4th quarter thinking they can just turn it back on. You have to follow your leader.

Another thing, Rondo cannot take nights off like this, not this time of the year. Take a night off when you dont have a game but on game day you must show up.  Rondo has to be aggressive offensively. Especially on nights when ray is out and pietrus is only one game back from injury.

Lets hope we get back on track tomorrow...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: AfterThoughts: Celtics vs. Hawks 4/13

In Response to AfterThoughts: Celtics vs. Hawks 4/13:
    [QUOTE]Ok,           so I missed the first half. Which is the part where we actually played good?? Whether we had a miracle and squeeked that game out with a victory, I was terribly disappointed in the way we played. Too many jump shots, have we not learned?? We had them in foul trouble early in the 4th quarter and still Pietrus jacked up a couple threes, KG jacked up a three. We arent going to get far playing like that. That high fg percentage game we recently had was a gift and a curse. I knew we would easily fall back in to taking alot of jump Shots. Let me also give toronto credit because they were on fire tonight. Although the lack of defense when we did decide to contest they made some very tough baskets. To sum up tonight there just wasnt any effort hustle or energy defensively. Its very rare we have a size advantage but when we do, we MUST use it. Go to KG in the post, let him go to work. It seems like in games like this the big 4 tune doc out until the 4th quarter thinking they can just turn it back on. You have to follow your leader. Another thing, Rondo cannot take nights off like this, not this time of the year. Take a night off when you dont have a game but on game day you must show up.  Rondo has to be aggressive offensively. Especially on nights when ray is out and pietrus is only one game back from injury. Lets hope we get back on track tomorrow...
    Posted by stackgtr[/QUOTE]

Boston can win if they are hot from outside.
    They are not built to win a 7 game series in which inside scoring and rebounding is key.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Don't forget mtrax and previous ones that are a secret.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: AfterThoughts: Celtics vs. Hawks 4/13:
    [QUOTE]Don't forget mtrax and previous ones that are a secret.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

+2

Red-Russ said that I was mrnbakobe. He is just easily confused as his lack of basketball knowledge clearly shows.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Re: AfterThoughts: Celtics vs. Raptors 4/13

Im sorry fellas I appreciate the post, but i like to keep my threads strictly about basketball and the celtics. Im looking for wisdom facts thoughts and ideas.

Please take the ignorance and bickering to another post, there are plenty of them where you guys are already going back and forth. I dont know why you let it carry over into every other thread..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: AfterThoughts: Celtics vs. Raptors 4/13:
    [QUOTE]Piertrus was a +16.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

That must be from his blazing 1-7 shooting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

I guess we thought we could sleepwalk to a W....gotta respect every NBA team regardless of record.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I guess we thought we could sleepwalk to a W....gotta respect every NBA team regardless of record.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  I also believe that the Celtics will miss Ray and hope that he returns soon.  They will need him in the playoffs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Yes we are going to miss ray, no matter how good bradley is or  becomes we are going to need rays 3pt clutch shooting. He is the only player on the team that every single shot he puts up i believe is going in, until it doesnt..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hope we will not regret this loss that could have been a win.  How tired will they be tonight?  Doc needs to use his bench.  He has to now, let's see how we do and go back to the starters and rotation of eight on Tuesday against the Knicks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from elven33. Show elven33's posts

I'd sit Pierce tonight. Let Pietrius and Sasha have his minutes.  Tommorow I'd rest KG.  A healthy Pierce come the finals will humilate kome if he can get there. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: AfterThoughts: Celtics vs. Hawks 4/13:
    [QUOTE]In Response to AfterThoughts: Celtics vs. Hawks 4/13 : Boston can win if they are hot from outside. They are not built to win a 7 game series in which inside scoring and rebounding is key.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

We don't need be Sherlock Holmes here...you are absolutely correct and it is the reason we lose most games, we get outrebounded. I will bet, and I don't have the statistics, that we probably are one of the top teams in shooting percentages but last or near it in rebounds. We shot a higher % than Toronto but 50 to 37 rebounds gave them 13 extra chances. It's the reason, and I hate to admit it, that the Lakers, even w/o Kobe, because Bynum & Gasol put in the rebound or toss it out for another shot after another...remember, even a blind chipmunk finds an acorn after awhile. The Lakers will always be tough and tougher when Kobe returns if Bynum & Gasol stay healthy.

We need draft 2-3...  6-10, 6-11, 7' footers as we can't have too many !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Still think either Ryan Hollings or JuJuan Johnson will HAVE to give the Celtics 15 minutes a game come playoff time - for the Celtics to have any chance of getting to the Finals....

And what about making a phone call to Russia and making a deal to bring Nened Kristic back for the end of season and the playoffs ?

Have Wyc make a deal to have a preseason game with a Russian team at the Garden or Mohehgan Sun or Manchester or Providence...tell the Russians they will get the gate $$$ if they release Krysic for the playoffs...

I had a dream last night and I saw Krytic starting for the Celtics against OKC in the Finals......Miami and Chicago do not scare me at all and they're both due to be visited by the injury bug before all is said and done...

DREAM HARDER...

PS: the guy in the pic below deserves better...he will be the fall guy when the Celtics beat the Heat....I see Spolstra landing on his feet and ending up as Clippers coach next season. He's a good coach and his name is about to be dragged thru the mud (again) when the Celtics send the Heat on their summer vacation.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]Im sorry fellas I appreciate the post, but i like to keep my threads strictly about basketball and the celtics. Im looking for wisdom facts thoughts and ideas.   Please take the ignorance and bickering to another post, there are plenty of them where you guys are already going back and forth. I dont know why you let it carry over into every other thread..
    Posted by stackgtr[/QUOTE]

The Cs regular season is pretty much over. They are now 3 GB in the loss column to Indiana and look like a lock for the 4th seed. Time to rest the starters. Assuming they get by the 1st round, it might be moot. They won't survive against the Bulls.