Ainge and ownership repeats history...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Ainge and ownership repeats history...

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

The worst thing might have been last years playoff push.

Everyone was ready to blow the team up and then all of a sudden it seemed like with a few tweaks they actually had a shot at winning it all.

If they went out in the first or second round this probably would have been a whole different team.

Still with that said if you ad Bradley and a decent big to this team it would be a lot better.

Still not championship better though.

I agree that maybe it will still not be a championship team even with a decent big. But it would surely be an elite team. It would be a team that will not exit in the 1st round.

A lot of people here don't like Amare. But if the Celts had Amare, in place of Bass, and the Celts are facing the Nets or Sixers in the 2nd round, most probably it's going to be another Eastern Conference Finals appearance for the Celts.

I would love to have amare and I agree, you take this team and give it Bradley and amare it is a whole different look.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Everyone was ready to blow the team up and then all of a sudden it seemed like with a few tweaks they actually had a shot at winning it all.

If they went out in the first or second round this probably would have been a whole different team.

Still with that said if you ad Bradley and a decent big to this team it would be a lot better.

I agree that maybe it will still not be a championship team even with a decent big. But it would surely be an elite team. It would be a team that will not exit in the 1st round.

A lot of people here don't like Amare. But if the Celts had Amare, in place of Bass, and the Celts are facing the Nets or Sixers in the 2nd round, most probably it's going to be another Eastern Conference Finals appearance for the Celts.

I would love to have amare and I agree, you take this team and give it Bradley and amare it is a whole different look.

I know you are aware of Amare's injury history the last few years.  Big salary and not exactly a player who fits in for sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

If Gortat is all we think he could be and Bradley comes back as he was last year, we could make a run like last year.  It is possible.  So it is worth doing. Lee, Bass, Sullinger and perhaps Green are not impact players for the future,  they are players with potential and that is no guarantee of anything. Sullinger is never going to be 6-11, so all his fans must keep that in mind.

Don't give up on Sully this early.

Zach Randolph is also not 6-11. But he's one hell of an inside player, right? 

Sully is getting limited touches and limited minutes.

So trading Sully and Bradley is not a good idea.

Gortat is the solution because he rebounds, blocks shots, and scores inside. But what if he's not available?

He is taller than Sully.  I am not against him at all by the way.  I just see we need some game ready talent.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I know you are aware of Amare's injury history the last few years.  Big salary and not exactly a player who fits in for sure.

We would be getting rid of equal salaries to get him.  The guy averages 21 and 9 for his career. Not much to lose at this point wouldn't you say?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We would be getting rid of equal salaries to get him.  The guy averages 21 and 9 for his career. Not much to lose at this point wouldn't you say?

Why would the Knicks do it?  Who are we giving them by the way? 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Why would the Knicks do it?

They don't want him anymore.  He and Melo don't compliment each other at all.

Bass Green and Lee would work.  i wouldnt miss any of them.

KG, Amare, Pierce, Bradley Rondo

Bench Terry, Barbosa, Wilcox, Sully Joseph.

I like that team way more than the one that we have now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Dont get me wrong. I highly doubt that it will happen, and the Knicks could probably get a better deal.

One thing I have heard is Gasol for Amare.

But Amare is a very good player and would compliment KG and Rondo extremely well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Just remember 21 points and nine rebounds is not guaranteed.  How much has he played the last two years with his back and hand injury?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

if he stays healthy yes. i still find it an awfully big risk though and probably would not part with bass, lee AND green to get a player with a bad back.  i mean, one can say that KG is 40 in basketball years but amare would be 35 by that same reckoning.

amare 21 and 9? bass, lee and green together get more, no?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

if he stays healthy yes. i still find it an awfully big risk though and probably would not part with bass, lee AND green to get a player with a bad back.  i mean, one can say that KG is 40 in basketball years but amare would be 35 by that same reckoning.

amare 21 and 9? bass, lee and green together get more, no?

Sure.  In 74 minutes a game combined Bass Lee and Green are averaging around 25 points a game and 11 rebounds. amare gets 21 and 9 in around 34 minutes.

Now that I looked that up I am even more depressed than I was before.

Sections
Shortcuts