Ainge-"rondo is our best player"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Ainge-"rondo is our best player"

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4690365/ainge-rondo-is-celtics-best-player

guess you moronic rondo haters arent on the same page as danny after all

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Ainge-"rondo is our best player"

In Response to Re: Ainge-"rondo is our best player":
    In Response to Ainge-"rondo is our best player" : I think you should add a pole to see how many favor Rondo staying ... The outcome will be far different than a pole posted by The Haters Club.
    Posted by Mployee8

The globe did one this morning... and I believe it was almost 50 50 for Rondo. Interestingly enough, the player with the highest percentage that people want the Cs to trade was KG.  Pierce had the lowest percentage of people who wanted him traded.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge-"rondo is our best player" : That's because only wingnuts who know very little about basketball thinks a true Celtic is tradable. I mean the one who keeps saying trade Paul Pierce is the one who said the Polish Lebron James, Qyntel Woods, would make it back to the NBA. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34

noone could possibly be lobbying as hard for the celtics to trade pierce as you are for trading rondo.....i dont think they should trade either.....rondo is the future and pierce should retire a celtic....if anything they should trade ray if they can get something reasonable back

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Play out the year as much as it will hurt. Don't resgin a few stiffs. If they want to come back for less money and come off the bench ok and go to FA and draft next year. This years draft is loaded. To bring in new players this year will not make any difference now. March Maddness and Baseball season starts very soon to take our minds off of this year. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Play out the year as much as it will hurt. Don't resgin a few stiffs. If they want to come back for less money and come off the bench ok and go to FA and draft next year. This years draft is loaded. To bring in new players this year will not make any difference now. March Maddness and Baseball season starts very soon to take our minds off of this year. 
    Posted by vertmont

Baseball??? UGH!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Isn't DA on the record saying that he doesn't really want to build via the draft?
    Also, DA stating that Rondo is our best player doesn't mean anything regarding Rondo being traded or not.
    BTW I think our best player has been KG so far

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge-"rondo is our best player" : CASox is a Rondo lover, but he found out for himself that there are a lot of Celtic fans who want Rondo traded. I mean he found that out from the Globe! Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34

I just report the facts good or bad unlike you who can only state the bad things about Rondo... I understand very well that Rondo is a polarizing figure but this poll does not indicate that Rondo is not really good.  A lot of the responders could easily be saying trade him because the Cs could get more for him than anyone else but you of course would interpet this poll as a Rondo s u c k s ...trade him.....

As to being a Rondo lover? I think he is really good but I have criticized him many times on this forum. Is he a perfect point guard? No, but most arent.  I call it how I see it unlike you who has so much hate for Rondo that he is the focus of almost every post you make whether it is about.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

interesting how Fierce tried to insist that what is written and said is true, so take a bit of your own medicine:

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Doc Rivers spent an hour and a half with president of basketball operations Danny Ainge before Wednesday's win over Milwaukee, but the Boston Celtics' coach says they never discussed trading point guard Rajon Rondo.

"In all that time we did not talk once about any trades," Rivers said. "There was not one single thing about Rajon Rondo that crossed my desk."

Rivers said Thursday afternoon he is irked by reports the Celtics were aggressively shopping his mercurial point guard and frustrated that his relationship with Rondo is being cited as one of the reasons Boston is willing to part with him.

"My relationship with Rajon is as strong as it has ever been," he said. "Our communication has never been better. I want him here. I can say with almost 100 percent certainty he will be here with us when the season ends. I'm tired of this stuff. It's not fair."

Ainge called Rondo the team's "best player" and reaffirmed on Thursday during his weekly call to Boston sports radio WEEI that he's not actively trying to trade the 26-year-old.

"He's our best player, he's the most important part of our future," said Ainge. "There's no way we're actively trying to trade Rondo. That makes no sense, no logical sense."

Ainge went on to note that another team could always bowl over the Celtics with an offer to obtain Rondo's services and admitted he couldn't turn down one that made the Celtics better, but concluded, "I've made zero calls to try to trade him, and I won't."

As the March 15 trading deadline inches closer, Rondo's name will continue to be brought up. Boston did use Rondo as trade bait in an attempt to acquire point guard Chris Paul during the preseason, but the All-Star veteran ended up in Los Angeles with the Clippers instead.

Team and league sources said that while the Celtics were willing to part with Rondo if it yielded someone of Paul's caliber, they are not actively trying to unload him. Two general managers initially involved in the Rondo-Paul trade talks as a potential third party confirmed Thursday they have not received any calls in recent months from Boston regarding the point guard.

Rondo
    Rondo

"I'm very confident that Rondo knows what I think of him, what I feel about him as a player and how important he is to our team," Ainge told WEEI. "I feel like Rondo is making incredible strides as a player, as a leader, as a teammate, and as a player in every way -- offense and defense."

whats that sound like to me? sounds like teams might be calling for Rondo, and its a GM's job to listen, but its not as if they are calling asking for someone to take him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

***crickets***

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge-"rondo is our best player" : CASox is a Rondo lover, but he found out for himself that there are a lot of Celtic fans who want Rondo traded. I mean he found that out from the Globe! Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34

Why is it bad to love your players again?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge-"rondo is our best player" : It's not bad, not at all!  There are just some here who are in denial. I mean Rondo is the best PG in the association, bar none? Rondo is a good shooter because he has a high FG%? Rondo will still improve?  Seriously, these guys need to take the blinders off! 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Has anyone really said" Rondo is the best PG in the association, bar none?" That he's a "good shooter?"

Seriously, I want names.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge-"rondo is our best player" : JamLock was the one who said Rondo is the best PG in the association, bar none! Jamez keeps claiming that Rondo is not a bad shooter because Rondo's FG% is higher than Deron, Rose, and Westbrook. Ask Jamez. I'm not making this up you know.
    Posted by Fiercest34

ive said that Rondo isnt a bad shooter. nvr said he was a great shooter though, he just isnt as bad as some make him out to be.. his JUMPSHOT % (not fg) is higher this season than ne before and is higher than the 3 top pg in the league. thats all ive said.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge-"rondo is our best player" : For the record, is Rondo a better shooter than Rose, Deron, and Westbrook outside of 15 feet?
    Posted by Fiercest34

outside? absolutely not..dont be ridiculous.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts