Ainge content with Celtics roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Ainge content with Celtics roster

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kirk is a great poster and adds a lot to the forum.  He is reporting something and has an opinion.  I respect that opinion, even if I dont' agree with it.  I think DA will do something because he always has.

[/QUOTE]Kirk is one of the best.....  On the red Sox board too......  Danny is just waiting for the right deal (big man +) to move the all world AAU point guard, RONDO !!!!

[/QUOTE]
    Rondo isn't going to be traded.  We don't have an adequate backup for him and someone else who could start if he was traded. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Kirk is a great poster and adds a lot to the forum.  He is reporting something and has an opinion.  I respect that opinion, even if I dont' agree with it.  I think DA will do something because he always has.

[/QUOTE]Kirk is one of the best.....  On the red Sox board too......  Danny is just waiting for the right deal (big man +) to move the all world AAU point guard, RONDO !!!!

[/QUOTE]
    Rondo isn't going to be traded.  We don't have an adequate backup for him and someone else who could start if he was traded. 

[/QUOTE]

You are correct Susan!  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are assuming that a potential trade doesn't include a serviceable PG.  

I believe that both Lee and Bradley can adequately play the point and have done just fine in Rondo's absense but clearly not an ideal situation.  We would need a true PG if Rondo was traded.

That said, next year I would love to see Bradley convert to be primarily a PG, and find a great FA scoring SG.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Ignore "Bill 806," he doesn't have a clue about the Celtics (knows the Red Sox much better), he just likes trades that "blow things up." Bill Rondo isn't gonna be traded, let it go dude. I told you that last year also when you swooped in here for your annual incoherent "Danny boy" posts. And Rondo's still here. Notice the pattern dude?

I'll never understand the petulance of a guy like Bill towards Rondo, I think he just hates his game. Rondo was not a number 1 pick, he was drafted much later and has more than lived up to where he was drafted. He's on a very fair contract which he is outperforming. Time to grow up.

"Ainge is obvviously looking for a good trade that will help the team.  If he can't find one he wont make one.

That's his job"

Exactly. But since he won't trade Rondo there isn't a lot on the roster for other teams in order to get an impact player in return. A Gortat-type trade is the most likely scenario - though it depends how this team plays the next four weeks...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You still haven't answered who runs the point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the problem with ainge's "tweeks" is that they have been horrible.  we need to actually do something substantial- the first item is SHOWCASE BLANDON BRASS so that we can get rid of him- tell doc to have a sit down with the kid and REVOKE the "you can't go into the post" BAD IDEA approach doc came up with in the off season- it's KILLING bass!

a back up point guard and some 5 help wouldn't hurt.  if you can shovel green out of town then do it.  the guy comes around slower than frozen urine rolls uphill in the winter time...  and then for every 2 good games he sleepwalks another two.

this rebuilding process is not going to go well with the dysfunctional talent evaluation / roster building of age and the anti-young player doc ribbers.....  just going to be a long four more years of doc i guess

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Celtics’ transformation into a true contender may have taken longer than expected and there may be more obstacles as the season progresses, but president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said Sunday that he is content with the roster.

Ainge has been scouting college games during the Celtics’ five-game winning streak, watching the rapid improvement of his team’s bench, the spark provided by Avery Bradley, and the improved defense over the past 10 days. With two available roster spots, the Celtics could make an addition, but Ainge said there is no guarantee he will make a deal.

He has been pleased with the development of the players he brought in in the offseason.

“I think it’s obvious the team has played more inspired,” Ainge said. “And that was a big part of the underachievement the first part of the year to now. So hopefully we can continue to play inspired. Just because you play with passion and inspired basketball doesn’t guarantee you anything other than a better chance of success.

“The reason the team is winning is because each individual player has stepped up their intensity and the commitment on the defensive end.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/2013/01/14/ainge-says-content-with-celtics-roster/jBBGARwFTxdqj35S0VQNQI/story.html?camp=rss:celtics&dlvrit=834394

[/QUOTE]

I think it's curious that you would post this article without commenting on  it, as you have Indirectly acknowledged the C's great need for  another big by posting numerous times on how  they lose when Doc "goes small" with the lineup

But that's neither here nor there.  I'm  sure you'll make your thoughts known on that subject soon enought.

What really bothers me about you is when you played captain Marko Ramius in The Hunt for Red October, you didn't drop your Scottish accent.

A Russian submarine captain with a Scottish accent?  What were you thinking?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hedley I agree,  I can respect his opinions as well.  The part I don't respect is the flip flopping from one day to the next.  The "The Doc just doesn't get it" is really  ridiculous statement, insinuating that he knows more about it than Doc.  Not that Doc doesn't always do what I want either, and I have said negative things about Doc as well,  but he has forgotten more about basketball than most of us will ever know.  I have a pet peeve about Sully's lack of minutes.  Of course Doc probably sees if he stairts he would get more fouls against other teams starters.  Imagine that,  he sees something we didn't see. 

With that said overall I enjoy  Kirk's post and humour.

Anyone here not every post something stupid?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

1. Of course Ainge is playing it cool.....what's he supposed to say ?

2. I disagree that Drew Gooden would be an upgrade over Brandon Bass

3. I think Ainge will make a trade sooner rather than later , by 6pm tomorrow there could be a radically different Celtics team to root for

4. I love Paul Pierce , but even Kareem , Shaq, Karl Malone, Michael Jordan, Robert Parrish, and Joe Montana ended their careers wearing strange jerseys....

5. Remember Ainge's conversation with Red all those years ago.

6. Rondo, Avery, Sully and Fab Melo are untouchable , every other player should be available should another GM  get stupid and offer a historically lopsided trade.

7. If Pierce goes, it wouldn't surprise me if KG agrees to go as well.

8. Pierce and KG both deserve to get traded to the West Coast or to Minnesota

9. Anderson Varejo is not worth giving up Sullinger or Fab Melo

10. Forget about Al Jefferson once and for all for the love of God please !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem is that there is no problem absent one that you are attempting to make. Kirk has an opinion that is intractable and for some reason  that bothers you. Get over yourself and grow up. Yeah, but(yeah but nothing). End of story.

[/QUOTE]

It bothers me because in every thread he tells us no trades must be made. There are a lot of us here who thinks the Celts need to get a big man. If Kirk respects our opinion then he shouldn't be posting "no trades" in every thread that he sees us talking about trades.

[/QUOTE]

But it is an opinion and I respect it.  He's pretty damn consistant about it also.  Atleast he isn't changing his mind every other thread.  It doesn't matter who posts either, so don't get offended, he sticks to his parties line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ignore "Bill 806," he doesn't have a clue about the Celtics (knows the Red Sox much better), he just likes trades that "blow things up." Bill Rondo isn't gonna be traded, let it go dude. I told you that last year also when you swooped in here for your annual incoherent "Danny boy" posts. And Rondo's still here. Notice the pattern dude?

I'll never understand the petulance of a guy like Bill towards Rondo, I think he just hates his game. Rondo was not a number 1 pick, he was drafted much later and has more than lived up to where he was drafted. He's on a very fair contract which he is outperforming. Time to grow up.

"Ainge is obvviously looking for a good trade that will help the team.  If he can't find one he wont make one.

That's his job"

Exactly. But since he won't trade Rondo there isn't a lot on the roster for other teams in order to get an impact player in return. A Gortat-type trade is the most likely scenario - though it depends how this team plays the next four weeks...

[/QUOTE]

Bill does know something about the Sox, nothing about the rest of the teams in the mlb.... he also knows little about basketball including the Cs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

What I took from this article is that Ainge isn't looking for a player to sit at the end of the bench.  If a move is made it will significantly improve this team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hedley I agree,  I can respect his opinions as well.  The part I don't respect is the flip flopping from one day to the next.  The "The Doc just doesn't get it" is really  ridiculous statement, insinuating that he knows more about it than Doc.  Not that Doc doesn't always do what I want either, and I have said negative things about Doc as well,  but he has forgotten more about basketball than most of us will ever know.  I have a pet peeve about Sully's lack of minutes.  Of course Doc probably sees if he stairts he would get more fouls against other teams starters.  Imagine that,  he sees something we didn't see. 

With that said overall I enjoy  Kirk's post and humour.

Anyone here not every post something stupid?

[/QUOTE]

Kirk lost faith and now he is a believer again.  Can't state that I did not question my faith once in a while.  So us believers have to welcome him back.  Don't see any inconsistency in his posts.  When he did not believe, he was consistent.  Once he started believing, he is consistent.  Just like Fierce is consistent that he doesn't want to leave anything to chance and wants Danny to risk a good bit of future to get a good big man.  Like I am consistent in believing that there is no trade out there that will obviously improve the future/present team prospects without compromising this season/future.  We all have different forms of consistency.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

If Wilcox can come back and give us the same he did last year I don't make any trades, maybe pick up a buyout guy or bring up Melo after D league   season ends.

I also find it amusing that some of the same people that moaned and groaned about the 10 million $ per statue ( 25 min 4 pts 6rebs 1 blk)  for JG trade "ruining Chemistry" are the ones suggesting moving pretty much anybody  for a big. Ironically most also said Bradley was a bust and JG s&cked too.

I said I wasn't going to judge this team until mid Jan and I think that since we actually have our team complete, I think the last  2 weeks speak for themselves. I think we can beat anybody in the East and I think we have as good a chance as anybody else in the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

Well I have been watching pro basketball for 45 years.

[/QUOTE]

That is no defense.  That just means that you are old and could have lost it by now. :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well I have been watching pro basketball for 45 years.

[/QUOTE]

That is no defense.  That just means that you are old and could have lost it by now. :-)

[/QUOTE]
    Says you

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

if this posting is supposed to indicate a belief that this is what danny ainge actually thinks you don't know gms very well. they say this stuff all the time, and actually often right before they make a move. it would be more likely he thinks the complete opposite, but regardless these comments are absolutely no indication one way or another. 

whether a deal gets made or not ainge knows full well how desperately the team needs a big man. call it bluff, misdirection, or even managing fan reaction because he doesn't think there's a viable move out there. 

the point about not giving up sullinger or melo for anderson varejao is absurd. they are not getting him. likely couldn't have gotten him for sullinger, bradley, melo, green, and a first rounder when he was healthy. the fact that he's out for two months means the point really makes no sense. 

would totally understand if ainge does not want to move sullinger or AB and this prevented them from getting a big man they felt would make a difference. now that would be understandable. it will also lead to having no chance at beating miami but at least it amkes some sense. i would not move either one of them. too much upside. not worth it for a one year rental like jefferson if that's what it would take. trouble is we don't know what it would take because we aren't gms. bass, next year's pick, terry or lee  or barbosa, melo - all expendable and on the block and hopefully enough to get another piece to help this year.

so maybe AB and Sullinger are untouchable. but melo? they would move melo in a heartbeat if it helped bring them a reasonable back-up. people believing melo is going to be something other than a very marginable nba player are kidding themselves. not only will he be of little to no help this year, it is unlikely he will be able to crack the rotation in the next few years, if ever. now the team is in bad enough shape up front that he may come up. and if he does you will see how absolutely lost he will be on the court. he will foul repeatedly, turn the ball over, and will barely be able to get a shot up. yes, he will block some shots and he will get a couple of put back dunks here and there, but he is not close to being nba ready. against quality nba teams he will look worse than collins does right now. in a playoff game he'll be tripping over himself. the speed will be just too much for him.  no amount of wishful thinking or coaching him up is going to speed up his progress. nice though but ain't happening. 

pierce, garnett, and rondo are going absolutely nowhere. 

rondo is a top 5 pg. rivers is easily a top 5 coach. those bashing either or both of them who are actually fans of the team (a real key here) should consider the likely trade-offs. in fact, if it isn't chris paul or derek rose imo you're talking about an inferior pg replacing rondo. i'd personally take him over westbrook, irving, tony parker, and deron williams. the only other guard in the conversation is steph curry. even if you hate rondo it would be impossible to rank him anywhere lower than the eight best in the league. and even the least impartial would probably say he's sixth or seventh best. in terms of rivers - besides popovich I don't know who is a better nba coach right now. I mean who could you even try to argue in favor for? thibedou? george karl? carlisle? doesn't really hold up. at worst rivers is third or fourth, but i'd say he's the seocnd best coach in the league. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The problem is everytime you say the Celts need a big man or Ainge will trade for one, Kirk will automatically post "We don't need to make a trade."

It's irritating because he does it every single time someone says the Celts need to get a big man.

[/QUOTE]

The problem is that there is no problem absent one that you are attempting to make. Kirk has an opinion that is intractable and for some reason  that bothers you. Get over yourself and grow up. Yeah, but(yeah but nothing). End of story.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. There's no need to harass people on the board because of their opinion and their posts, no matter how silly they may seem to you.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.