Ainge content with Celtics roster

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Ainge content with Celtics roster

It's amazing that people think that what general managers say to the press is true.

Ainge is obvviously looking for a good trade that will help the team.  If he can't find one he wont make one.

That's his job.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He's tweaked it every year......................he was "content" last year as well.

I don't think he wants to blow the team up, but I don't think he wants the media to know what he's doing, either......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

What can the C's do at this point to get better?  I am not so sure that there is much they can do, short of trading Bass and/or picks to get a rebounder/defender at the 5.  I cannot see anyone else on the roster being traded.

They needed Bradley to come back and be himself.  Check.  They needed Green to rebound from surgery and become more consistent.  Starting to look like that's happening.  They needed Terry and Lee to settle into roles and become part of a deep guard rotation.  Check.  Sullinger has stepped up to become a better player than a lot of us expected so early on.  Bonus.  

Is Melo in the wings?  Can we realistically expect that he can help this year?  Not so sure.  I think there may be a minor deal or maybe the C's wait to see what Vets are bought out.  I just cannot see Danny making a huge deal.   

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

What can the C's do at this point to get better?  I am not so sure that there is much they can do, short of trading Bass and/or picks to get a rebounder/defender at the 5.  I cannot see anyone else on the roster being traded.

They needed Bradley to come back and be himself.  Check.  They needed Green to rebound from surgery and become more consistent.  Starting to look like that's happening.  They needed Terry and Lee to settle into roles and become part of a deep guard rotation.  Check.  Sullinger has stepped up to become a better player than a lot of us expected so early on.  Bonus.  

Is Melo in the wings?  Can we realistically expect that he can help this year?  Not so sure.  I think there may be a minor deal or maybe the C's wait to see what Vets are bought out.  I just cannot see Danny making a huge deal.   

I don't think we can realistically expect Melo to be a factor this year.  Hope I am wrong.  The dude hasn't even got on the floor yet I don't think.  From the little I have seen this year I am not sure he will be ready next year.  He is just so raw.  That is why they brought in the other guy recently instead of bringing up Melo.  If he was close to adding something to this team I think Danny would have brought him up.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Kirk is a great poster and adds a lot to the forum.  He is reporting something and has an opinion.  I respect that opinion, even if I dont' agree with it.  I think DA will do something because he always has.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Of course Ainge would say that the roster is fine.  He is trying to take a posture that the team has players that are finally adjusted.  The higher value of tradeable players is the best way to maximize trade value. 

The only thing Ainge may be signaling is a small move, because dismantling the team when they are finally winning would make him see careless. The fact to hold onto for Kirk and others who are satisfied with what we have now is that KG cannot play a whole season without a back up and big who can play minutes with him.  A Dalembert type player at a minimum must be coming.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

Of course Ainge would say that the roster is fine.  He is trying to take a posture that the team has players that are finally adjusted.  The higher value of tradeable players is the best way to maximize trade value. 

The only thing Ainge may be signaling is a small move, because dismantling the team when they are finally winning would make him see careless. The fact to hold onto for Kirk and others who are satisfied with what we have now is that KG cannot play a whole season without a back up and big who can play minutes with him.  A Dalembert type player at a minimum must be coming.

I would even settle for a Bass-Gooden swap.

I think a smaller trade is more likely but we may all regret it.  A bigger future changing trade for the franchise may be out there.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I would even settle for a Bass-Gooden swap.

I think a smaller trade is more likely but we may all regret it.  A bigger future changing trade for the franchise may be out there.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i like to think that because the Cs own the red claws and call the shots in maine, they can accelerate melo's progress by specifically dictating how he is to be coached and handled. if his developement continues at it's current pace i'll guess that he'll be brought up for a bonafide lookSee in march and if that goes well, the big man improvement we are seeking will fall to melo AND a budget level big danny brings in. 

also, wouldn't it be terrific if wilcox could figure some way to stay on the court? yes, it would but no, he never has in a 15 yr career.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Whether Ainge does anything or not, the reality is that a single 5 game streak (winning or losing) may not be indicative of future performance.

The fact remain that the Celtics must address the following two areas to be competitive with elite teams and even have a chance to win a championship, which is the single goal:

1.  Fill the need for a rebounding center

2.  Fill the need for a scorer.

Can you imiagine if Garnett went down with an injury? This team would get less rebounds, play worse defense and struggle to win against anybody.

Can you imagine if Pierce went down? This team would struggle to score 80 PPG 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

It's amazing that people think that what general managers say to the press is true.

Ainge is obvviously looking for a good trade that will help the team.  If he can't find one he wont make one.

That's his job.

Only make good trades... I like that... I feel we're in good hands now... for a minute there, I was concerned DA wasnt the brightest GM in the league.. feelin better now

If all GMs followed Dannys rule, they would never lose their jobs..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Kirk is a great poster and adds a lot to the forum.  He is reporting something and has an opinion.  I respect that opinion, even if I dont' agree with it.  I think DA will do something because he always has.

The problem is everytime you say the Celts need a big man or Ainge will trade for one, Kirk will automatically post "We don't need to make a trade."

It's irritating because he does it every single time someone says the Celts need to get a big man.

The problem is that there is no problem absent one that you are attempting to make. Kirk has an opinion that is intractable and for some reason  that bothers you. Get over yourself and grow up. Yeah, but(yeah but nothing). End of story.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Definitely agree with you about KG needing a backup.  To acquire an elite big man would require trading a significant player currently on the Celtics roster.  I don't see this happening.  Another big man would be an adequate backup is probably the type of player that Aigne will be targeting.  Although, I am not sure who would be traded. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts