Ainge content with Celtics roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Ainge content with Celtics roster

In response to bt33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if this posting is supposed to indicate a belief that this is what danny ainge actually thinks you don't know gms very well. they say this stuff all the time, and actually often right before they make a move. it would be more likely he thinks the complete opposite, but regardless these comments are absolutely no indication one way or another. 

whether a deal gets made or not ainge knows full well how desperately the team needs a big man. call it bluff, misdirection, or even managing fan reaction because he doesn't think there's a viable move out there. 

the point about not giving up sullinger or melo for anderson varejao is absurd. they are not getting him. likely couldn't have gotten him for sullinger, bradley, melo, green, and a first rounder when he was healthy. the fact that he's out for two months means the point really makes no sense. 

would totally understand if ainge does not want to move sullinger or AB and this prevented them from getting a big man they felt would make a difference. now that would be understandable. it will also lead to having no chance at beating miami but at least it amkes some sense. i would not move either one of them. too much upside. not worth it for a one year rental like jefferson if that's what it would take. trouble is we don't know what it would take because we aren't gms. bass, next year's pick, terry or lee  or barbosa, melo - all expendable and on the block and hopefully enough to get another piece to help this year.

so maybe AB and Sullinger are untouchable. but melo? they would move melo in a heartbeat if it helped bring them a reasonable back-up. people believing melo is going to be something other than a very marginable nba player are kidding themselves. not only will he be of little to no help this year, it is unlikely he will be able to crack the rotation in the next few years, if ever. now the team is in bad enough shape up front that he may come up. and if he does you will see how absolutely lost he will be on the court. he will foul repeatedly, turn the ball over, and will barely be able to get a shot up. yes, he will block some shots and he will get a couple of put back dunks here and there, but he is not close to being nba ready. against quality nba teams he will look worse than collins does right now. in a playoff game he'll be tripping over himself. the speed will be just too much for him.  no amount of wishful thinking or coaching him up is going to speed up his progress. nice though but ain't happening. 

pierce, garnett, and rondo are going absolutely nowhere. 

rondo is a top 5 pg. rivers is easily a top 5 coach. those bashing either or both of them who are actually fans of the team (a real key here) should consider the likely trade-offs. in fact, if it isn't chris paul or derek rose imo you're talking about an inferior pg replacing rondo. i'd personally take him over westbrook, irving, tony parker, and deron williams. the only other guard in the conversation is steph curry. even if you hate rondo it would be impossible to rank him anywhere lower than the eight best in the league. and even the least impartial would probably say he's sixth or seventh best. in terms of rivers - besides popovich I don't know who is a better nba coach right now. I mean who could you even try to argue in favor for? thibedou? george karl? carlisle? doesn't really hold up. at worst rivers is third or fourth, but i'd say he's the seocnd best coach in the league. 

[/QUOTE]

Man I can't even read your posts.  I see it and say to myself,  I don't have time to read a book.  Probably some good stuff in there too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Someone said....

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change;

the realist adjusts the sails.

Che is an optimist -- I know the wind will change by  Feb-Mar-Apr-May & June  and if we still have no legit center, the wind extinguishes candles and fans fires

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from international. Show international's posts

The team is playing great lately but Danny has to see thatwe are last in rebounding  in the league and that need t be solved.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It has already been solved.

During our current 6 game winning streak, we were only out rebounded twice.

[/QUOTE]

So now you're OK with an undersized rookie PF playing Center? 

[/QUOTE]

Evidently, manchild...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

please just upgrade bass thats all im asking

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather see him playing with KG.

As long as we keep winning, yes.

[/QUOTE]

Kirk, 

Are you at all worried about the dependence on KG playing really as are only big man,  puts on him and this team going forward?  It doesn't concern you with a 36 year old center with 18 years in the NBA there is no other big man on the team but Wilcox and Collins.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather see him playing with KG.

As long as we keep winning, yes.

[/QUOTE]

Kirk, 

Are you at all worried about the dependence on KG playing every night as are only big man,  puts on him and this team going forward?  It doesn't concern you with a 36 year old center with 18 years in the NBA there is no other big man on the team but Wilcox and Collins.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I like our winning streak and the fact that we are meshing as a team. It seems too that Sully coming in for KG has worked and Wilcox too is a a good backup. But those guys are not centers but very good power forwards who hustle & muscle for rebounds but regardless that DA wants to stay pat with the team, we need a Biggie, and not Collins. Can we get one giving up Bass only and 1-2 draft choices....dunno ??? If necessary, let Lee go to but for only a Center like Cousins !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like our winning streak and the fact that we are meshing as a team. It seems too that Sully coming in for KG has worked and Wilcox too is a a good backup. But those guys are not centers but very good power forwards who hustle & muscle for rebounds but regardless that DA wants to stay pat with the team, we need a Biggie, and not Collins. Can we get one giving up Bass only and 1-2 draft choices....dunno ??? If necessary, let Lee go to but for only a Center like Cousins !!!

[/QUOTE]
    We would have to give up a lot to trade for Cousins.  I also believe that he won't be traded at the current time because of the rumored sale of the team.  I would imagine that Danny is trying to acquire an adequate backup center.  Not sure who that might be but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens soon. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Danny is trying to acquire an adequate backup center.  Not sure who that might be but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens soon. 

Fierce knows.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

ppl have to understand, Yea a big man is nice, but remember, to go to the finals, we have to beat Miami. You dont need a 7 footer to beat Miami. You need a big guy that hustles on the boards. We have Sully. Honestly, as long as we keep showing improvement, im good. Id be game to move Bass tho, Id REALLY love Bismack Biyombo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ppl have to understand, Yea a big man is nice, but remember, to go to the finals, we have to beat Miami. You dont need a 7 footer to beat Miami. You need a big guy that hustles on the boards. We have Sully. Honestly, as long as we keep showing improvement, im good. Id be game to move Bass tho, Id REALLY love Bismack Biyombo.

[/QUOTE]

Have you not noticed that teams with bigs are the teams beating the Heat?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

To beat the cHEAT, you will need some athletes to run up and down the court.  Green will have to play heavy minutes on LBJ and Lee/AB on Wade, and Sully, KG, Bass on Bosh.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Guys I really think they like wilcox and believe he will come back.  That's the nearest I can figure.  He likes to run and that will fit well with the 2nd unit.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I like Wilcox and Sully in the second unit.  1st unit is going to have Collins in it, if not Bass.  But I would like to see a late call up of Melo, just to see what he could do.  But you may see someone like Kenyon Martin in a late pickup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

In response to tomobo's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Kirk is a great poster and adds a lot to the forum.  He is reporting something and has an opinion.  I respect that opinion, even if I dont' agree with it.  I think DA will do something because he always has.

The problem is everytime you say the Celts need a big man or Ainge will trade for one, Kirk will automatically post "We don't need to make a trade."

It's irritating because he does it every single time someone says the Celts need to get a big man.

The problem is that there is no problem absent one that you are attempting to make. Kirk has an opinion that is intractable and for some reason  that bothers you. Get over yourself and grow up. Yeah, but(yeah but nothing). End of story.

Agree. There's no need to harass people on the board because of their opinion and their posts, no matter how silly they may seem to you.

If they are laker trolls I say shoot first and often and ask later. Other than that I kinda agree, I may not start a tiff but I am up to the task. I do agree with posters about Kirk his post are always rational and I  usually agree even when I don't he has valid points unlike some people who think with their hearts and their posts show it 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

While I would pick up a big if possible,  I don't want to do anything that will mess up the chemistry we have by shipping out 3 players.  Who knows we may have enough as is.  It would be hard to just trade Bass by himself.  Wilcox will definitely give us more depth.  If Collins and Wilcox would rebound better and use all their fouls when people are getting layups on us,  that  could be all we need.   Good thing DA has to make these choices.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

During a 6 game win streak, everything looks peachy...  If we lose 3 in a row, watch this board swing..

AB has helped trmendously, cant see how anyone would dispute...  has helped our rebounding situation too... tht and Doc finally waking up and giving SUlly the minutes he should have been getting much sooner..

my real concern is a rebounder... whether a PF or C... but I dont like Wilcox cause the guy seems to always get injured, hes always out...  Even K Martin could be an option if he still has his game.. he can rebound, add toughness and knows how to play D... I dont expect Ainge to land any top center... or even a Gortat.. what are we gonna give up?  Everyone says Bass... but dont u think everyone else around the league knows why?

We can only get something we want by giving up something someone else wants just as badly... nobody giving a good big for Bass or other marginal players you want to pile on