Ainge content with Celtics roster

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4048006. Show user_4048006's posts

Re: Ainge content with Celtics roster

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Whether Ainge does anything or not, the reality is that a single 5 game streak (winning or losing) may not be indicative of future performance.

The fact remain that the Celtics must address the following two areas to be competitive with elite teams and even have a chance to win a championship, which is the single goal:

1.  Fill the need for a rebounding center

2.  Fill the need for a scorer.

Can you imiagine if Garnett went down with an injury? This team would get less rebounds, play worse defense and struggle to win against anybody.

Can you imagine if Pierce went down? This team would struggle to score 80 PPG 

Is the answer DeMarcus Cousins, then? He is a rebounding center and can score!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

While I would pick up a big if possible,  I don't want to do anything that will mess up the chemistry we have by shipping out 3 players.  Who knows we may have enough as is.  It would be hard to just trade Bass by himself.  Wilcox will definitely give us more depth.  If Collins and Wilcox would rebound better and use all their fouls when people are getting layups on us,  that  could be all we need.   Good thing DA has to make these choices.

The Celts need a big that can score inside too.  Yes I know, but its a lot easier to talk about than actually doing it.  Those guys don't just grow on trees waiting on us to pick them.

Wilcox can do that but he's having problems on the defensive end. Aware of this as well

Collins is great on defense but he's a liability on offense. Again aware of this as well, also he can't rebound for squat.

The Celtics can package Bass with a draft pick or draft picks for a big man. Would be a miracle and doubt very seriously this is going to happen.  More than likely we would have to package something else with Bass,  another player.

What the Celtics cannot afford to do is go into the playoffs with Bass as the starting PF. We may not be able to afford it but it may very well happen.  I doubt there is a line out there waiting on us to trade Brandon Bass to them.

Big men that can play have a very high price tag on them.  Higher than Brandon Bass is worth. Just because we want a big man and we can work out all these trades on the trade machine doesn't mean we are going to get them.  How many big men are in the same salary as Brandon Bass? Not sure if there are any that can do these things you mentioned here.  Score, rebound, and play defense?

See Above

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Sacramento is not trading Cousins.

Agree with you.  I don't see him being traded until the team is sold.  Very unlikely that anyone on the current team will be traded. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The emergence of Sully as a true rebounder has taken a lot of pressure off of everybody from the players to Danny (ie, immediate need to trade for a big). I'd be content, too, with an improving team that is finally healthy. Too bad about Darko, because in a way, he really was that piece (at least defensively) that could give 10-15 minutes a game (particularly against the big teams out west) and bang.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from international. Show international's posts

In response to international's comment:
    Kirk do you still believe is  solved?I  told you this team as good its playing lately still needs a  true center to deal with big teams.

The team is playing great lately, but Danny has to see that we are last in rebounding  in the league, and that needs to be solved.

It has already been solved.

During our current 6 game winning streak, we were only out rebounded twice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

If Danny is contented with the present roster, it means we will be contented with the 17th banner!

"No more no less!"

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Sacramento is not trading Cousins.

How did you like that small ball last nite Kirk?  Still think we don't need help on the inside?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Our loss last night was "Deja Vu" all over again. We have been last or close to it since game 6 of playoff vs Lakers when we lost Perkins. Yup, I know one of main reasons we lost game 7 was the egregious difference in foul shots, 41-18, and LA got 21 just in the 4th qtr. We were leading in the 3rd by 13 pts...why ??? Because we were shooting a better %. When you shoot 45-50% you need not worry about rebounds. But our shooting wore off, Ray Allen couldn't buy a shot, and we were outrebounded & like last night vs. NO, we started grabbing their bigger guys.

We need package Bass & 1-2 draft choices and if, need be, let Lee go and maybe Wilcox. I do like Wilcox & definitely Sully but they are good rebounders against other PFs but can't compete with 7 footers. Other than KG, we have no strengh in the post & he really is not a Banger & prefers playing PF shooting from 5-15 ft out. We need a strong rebounder & shot blocker & a guy who can dunk it back in. Melo may be the guy but do we have time to wait for him to develop ?

Danny...please try and make a move !!!