Ainge Dealing....?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Ainge Dealing....?

So now it seems that Rondo is definitely on the block.....Danny already offered Rondo and Green for Westbrook and Perkins after the season ended.....?

Now Danny has offered Rondo for CP3....?  .....and a 3rd team is being brought into the mix it has been reported....

In the meantime, the Nets are reportedly offering Lopez and two first round picks for Howard....they are willing to take on Turkoglu's contract......there has been ongoing speculation that Howard could end up as the centerpiece when the Nets move into their new home in Brooklyn....the Knicks would no longer "own" the Big Apple in my opinion.....

thoughts.................?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Re: Ainge Dealing....?

In Response to Re: Ainge Dealing....?:
    [QUOTE]No doubt in my mind Ainge doesn't think this current Celtics team will win another championship. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Even if he thinks they can, he is certainly afraid for the future.  Anything that can make them better for several years, even if it lessens them slightly this year, has to be considered.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Ainge Dealing....?:
    [QUOTE]So now it seems that Rondo is definitely on the block.....Danny already offered Rondo and Green for Westbrook and Perkins after the season ended.....? Now Danny has offered Rondo for CP3....?  .....and a 3rd team is being brought into the mix it has been reported.... In the meantime, the Nets are reportedly offering Lopez and two first round picks for Howard....they are willing to take on Turkoglu's contract......there has been ongoing speculation that Howard could end up as the centerpiece when the Nets move into their new home in Brooklyn....the Knicks would no longer "own" the Big Apple in my opinion..... thoughts.................?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]   GO DANNY GO !!  TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER !!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]No doubt in my mind Ainge doesn't think this current Celtics team will win another championship. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Or even be competitive!

As emotionally and physically fragile as our enigmatic AS PG is, the supposed face of the franchise, I'd be frightened for my job if I were Ainge.

He has to deal.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I like Rondo, but he is a trade chip since he signed that reasonable extension.  I don't know what they could get for him, but it makes sense that Danny is at least looking. Post Big-3, I'd rather they took a look at the whole roster and make moves to rebuild by getting draft picks for veterans or by clearing cap space.

Re: Howard, I think there is very little chance he ends up in Boston, but with Danny aligning the contracts of Ray and KG with a pretty good FA class, who really knows? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I'd be surprised if Rondo is still a Celtic when the season starts.  The Pacers are pursuing him too.  They are checking out his "reputation" as a teammate and leader!  That is strange.  I wonder if Celtics fans have "overvalued" his worth.  When OKC rejects an offer including Rondo and NOH won't make a straight up deal, it makes you wonder if Rondo is perceived around the NBA as high as many think.  Maybe not!  Rondo's strengths are just not suited for the Celtics anymore.  With possible back-to-back-to-backs in this abbreviated season, there will be many games where the big 3 just won't have that energy and will need to be carried.  Not sure Rondo can carry the team offensively like Paul can.

As for Howard, I cannot see him going to NJ.  Other than Williams, they don't have anyone else.  Unless NJ picks up some players to show good faith that they plan to put the necessary pieces around Howard, I can't see him going there.  He already has more pieces around him in Orlando.  The only way he ends up in NJ is if Orlando simply did not consider what Howard wanted and traded him anyway.  Lose him for nothing or lose him (and Hedo) for Lopez and two 1st round draft picks.  Heck, I'll take that in a heartbeat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I never thought we really had a legitimate shot at Howard.....the cities with more to offer...(Los Angeles...weather and Hollywood stars at courtside....Miami and the night life of South Beach....Orlando with great weather and a family friendly atmosphere.......Florida in general with no state taxes.....NYC....they don't call it "the Big Apple" for nothing....baseball stars want to play for the Yankees)

Boston may be the greatest NBA franchise ever.....and a city of beauty, history, and culture.....but that means little to today's players......throw winter into the equation and you realize how little Boston appeals to these guys.....and that is very unfortunate...but, as our friend GK says.....it is what it is.....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Oh, who said they were going to trade Rondo months ago?

Oh yeah...............ME!!

He is their biggest bargaining chip (with Green), but WHO do we want from the Pacers?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/216862/Pacers_Exploring_Trade_For_Rondo

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Austin Rivers....?   ....yes, he would definitely come to Boston....the question is....can we get him...?   ....I would take him in a heartbeat!!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ainge and Doc must be thinking that Rondo quit on the team after the Perk trade. I think with all the heat Ainge took after the Perkins trade Rondo's future was tenuous after Rondo's listless performance in March and April.  I think Doc also had had it.  Knowing how Rondo can take these things to heart I would say it is almost a certainty he will be unloaded before the  season starts.

The Big Three will be very unhappy if at least Paul is not his replacement.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]Ainge and Doc must be thinking that Rondo quit on the team after the Perk trade. I think with all the heat Ainge took after the Perkins trade Rondo's future was tenuous after Rondo's listless performance in March and April.  I think Doc also had had it.  Knowing how Rondo can take these things to heart I would say it is almost a certainty he will be unloaded before the  season starts. The Big Three will be very unhappy if at least Paul is not his replacement.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Agree and now that Doc is here for the long haul (which I consider almost as good and surprising as a quality FA pick-up) I don't think he wants to have a tempermental and moody guy like Rondo leading the new troops. What cracks me up is that I think I saw a report in which Rondo said that the FO assured him that they weren't actively dealing him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo will not be traded because NO does not want him, it is hard to trade a player that you think is great and the rest of the league is no so sure he is great.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Chances of Rondo still being with the team this season?  50%.  He's still the best PG we've had since DJ retired, and Ainge won't trade him unless he can get someone at least as good or better.  CP3 qualifies,  but there's no way we could get Rose, Williams, Westbrook, Billips . . . (and Kidd and Nash are over the hill).  I trust Danny not to give away the store, and will be satisfied either way. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Once word gets out that DA has been shopping him, Rondo could force a fire sale to end all fire sales.

DA has to deal... and deal quickly.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Once word gets out that DA has been shopping him, Rondo could force a fire sale to end all fire sales. DA has to deal... and deal quickly. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]PUDDIE.......  YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO KNOW THAT DAD &  BILL-806  CONCURS !!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud, 
    I am in complete agreement on this one.  Rondo will be one very unhappy camper if not dealt. That is why I think this deal is more of go than is being reported.  Or Ainge is really playing with dynamite.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

well Chris Broussard just reported that Paul will not sign a long term deal with Boston....so...no thanks from OKC (Westbrook)....and do deal with NO (Paul)....
    ....now what...............?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

The big rumor I hear is Indiana wanting him and trying to work a 3 way deal. My question is, other than Granger, what do they have that would bring a piece (either directly or from the third team) worth losing Rondo over?