Ainge didn't help the Core 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Ainge didn't help the Core 4

I appreciate the run of 5 years BUT when I look back over the moves, Ainge really never got the Core 4 the kind of help they needed.

They were always short-handed, injured and never developed a bench. The trade of Perk really damaged the mentality of this team. We immediately went from a physical team to jump shooting team.

This team could've easily had 3 Titles

Ainge, make some better moves and stop signing guys who are always hurt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Ainge didn't help the Core 4

Cant agree with you more. I appreciate what the Big three did, 1 championship, and could have been two more, but I always think Danny could have done better.

Not resigning Posey, the TA situation, Not drafting DJ, etc. Lets hope DA has something up his sleeve for the offseason and draft.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge didn't help the Core 4:
    [QUOTE]Perkins got hurt or we would have won two. Rondo got hurt or we might have won three. Green got hurt or we might have won four. Can't blame it on Ainge. He did a great job.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

exactly..i agree with you 100%....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Ainge not resigning Posey and TA were huge mistakes. The Perk trade was bad luck, losing Jeff Green. Having Posey during the 09 and 10 playoffs would've been huge. I think we would've won the 2010 title with Pose despite losing Perk. Having TA guard Queen and Wade the past two years would've made all the difference in the world.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtics3183. Show celtics3183's posts

my as s he did a good job

ainge didnt help this core 4 at all

what did he do bring JO, come on

every piece that we had on that title team is gone...

posey, perk, tony allen...hell even scal is gone..

he didnt resign posey cause a couple mil...he didnt aggressively go after TA

i like ainge..but he made all the wrong moves, the perk trade we didnt have anything to show for it this year

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]Perkins got hurt or we would have won two. Rondo got hurt or we might have won three. Green got hurt or we might have won four. Can't blame it on Ainge. He did a great job.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

You forgot KG.

I don't know about winning 2, 3, 4 but I do believe that the injury gods were not kind to Danny.  He played it well but had more than his fair share of injury problems.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Aaaaanddddd it starts....  blame the GM!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Injuries ruin sports.  I think its pretty obvious Paul Pierce was not himself.  He was playing through a sprained knee while Bosh who hurt the Heat by being out, came back sufficiently healthy to make a difference.  If PP had been in better health who knows what might have happened.  Thats the way it goes in sports.

Congratulations Celtics For a Great Season 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    So if Bynum and Arriza didn't get hurt Lakers would have won in 08??? Do I sense a double standard coming??? And no I don't believe the Lakers would have won in 08 even with 2 healthy Bynum's and 2 healthy Arriza's just using your lame analogy. If my grandmother had a mustache she would be my grandfather...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesandersonwho. Show jamesandersonwho's posts

Did you people even watch the WCF finals this year. Perkins was the worst player on the court most of the time. Perkins is too slow to rotate effectively on defense. 
    Rondo got hurt last year. Perkins wouldn't have mattered. The Celtics were at their best against the Heat with Garnet and 4 guards on the court. 

Bradley getting hurt really killed them too,because it made Ray play too many minutes.
    Perkins also wasn't going to help Mp find his shot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Every year it was injuries. From KG to Perk to Shaq to Green/Wilcox/Bradley to PP and RA.

Doc put too much pressure on the Core 4 and having a bench that was comfortable playing could've really helped dead legs.

These moves Ainge had in mind were terrible. Mayo for RA, PP to Nets? Glad he didn't make those moves.

Losing David West to the Pacers and losing Bradley to injury were devastating to this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Hindsight is always 20/20.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Well all you can do is look back and sum it all up. No one is saying that they were wrong moves but too many injuries were the telling story during this run. There are some things that could've clearly been done to keep guys fresh, some signings that just don't make sense and clearly holding on to a guy like JON for that long was a big mistake in my opinion.

Great title in 2008, but the team should've had 2-3 titles with a little more thought of finding a Core 6 instead of a Core 4. I'll remember the squandered chances this team had to go down as a great era in Celtic history. They played hard but they lost 2 game 7s when they were up in the series 3-2 twice.

Sections
Shortcuts