Ainge doesn't have to wait until the deadline

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Ainge doesn't have to wait until the deadline

We need a big and make a run for the title.  You never know what can happen.  The team is playing sooooo much better.  As far as Rondo our near allstar is concerned we are not better off without him, if Doc would coach him and require him to move the ball and if Doc would run less isolation and more plays with multiple options.  I we had another defensive big that could play , we might just suprise.  It may be years before we are this good again and you can forget getting the type of players we need for the future with the old men, unless we were just lucky.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

According to Ainge don't expect much.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8927302/boston-celtics-danny-ainge-says-most-likely-team-keeps-kevin-garnett-paul-pierce

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Ainge isn't going to do anything I don't think. 

Only exceptions would be: 

- if he gets a great player offer he just can't refuse for the future (highly unlikely)

- if he can find a big without giving up much

As for this: 

"We need a big and make a run for the title"

Maybe - but, two things: 

- we no longer have the assets to get a good big. There's no longer depth at the guard position to trade. 

fortunately...

- we may not need a big. I mean, can you tell me the team in the NBA postseason we should be worried about matching up with in the middle? The Lakers are not going to be a concern, OKC doesn't have a dominant big, Miami doesn't either. Brooke Lopez of the Nets might be the closest, and the Nets are hardly a sure thing. 

So yeah, a really good big would be nice but we have no way to get one without giving up a key piece. I don't think Ainge will mess with this chemistry. 

But I could see Ainge finding a way to deal for a so-so big that can give some fouls and block a couple shots.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

No kidding! Trade Melo+Collins our 1st for Vucevic,+ D Jones their 2nd. Now thats a Trade.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

- if he gets a great player offer he just can't refuse for the future (highly unlikely)

As for this: 

Maybe - but, two things: 

- we no longer have the assets to get a good big. There's no longer depth at the guard position to trade. 

fortunately...

- we may not need a big. I mean, can you tell me the team in the NBA postseason we should be worried about matching up with in the middle? The Lakers are not going to be a concern, OKC doesn't have a dominant big, Miami doesn't either. Brooke Lopez of the Nets might be the closest, and the Nets are hardly a sure thing. 

So yeah, a really good big would be nice but we have no way to get one without giving up a key piece. I don't think Ainge will mess with this chemistry. 

But I could see Ainge finding a way to deal for a so-so big that can give some fouls and block a couple shots.

Even a Drew Gooden would be an upgrade over Bass.

Celts can offer Bass and a 1st round pick. Remember the Celts 1st round pick this season is in the teens. It has significant value.

If I were DA I would be calling Milicic every day, asking him if he is ready to come back and be a part of a playoff run! He is the best available option, and his salary is already on our books! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

As for this: 

Maybe - but, two things: 

fortunately...

Even a Drew Gooden would be an upgrade over Bass.

Celts can offer Bass and a 1st round pick. Remember the Celts 1st round pick this season is in the teens. It has significant value.

If I were DA I would be calling Milicic every day, asking him of he is ready to come back and be part of a playoff run! He is the best available option, and his salary is already on our books! 

Except Darko prob has very little if any respect for Docs... the real reason he left the Celtics imo.  So unlikely we see him again

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I have read a few articles that hint to the fact Darko may be available:

Pau’s projected recovery depends on two paths. If he decides to get surgery, then he would be out for 10-12 weeks, which, even though increases the likelihood of a full recovery, means his return would be sometime during the playoffs. If he decides to use physical therapy for his recovery, then he is out for 6-8 weeks, which, if everything goes well, means a late-March return. Darko Milicic, released by the C’s, and Kenyon Martin, rumored to be courted by the Knicks, still linger in free agency, but both might require a bit more than mid-level or injury exception money. Darko is huge and could clog up the paint, and K-Mart brings ample energy. Martin’s rebounding and perimeter shooting could instantly fit into the high post void. The Lakers would seriously benefit from their size and experience. With Steve Blake back in the fold, then the packaging of those financial options with either Duhon or Morris could entice a swap for a body inside, or at least the room to sign one. It seems, however, the aspired direction of the team might not warrant their services. Plus, what team will willingly step up for the Lakers in their time of need?