Ainge get Shaw or McMillan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Ainge get Shaw or McMillan

Time to turn our attention to hiring a coach for the draft. DO NOT CONSULT RONDO ON A COACH. If anything ask any perspective coach on how they plan to deal with the enigma

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Re: Ainge get Shaw or McMillan

Anyone but shaw. We need a guy whos proven, so rondo may actually listen to him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

My top choices

Karl, would love to see his up tempo style with this team (esp if we get deandre too)

Byron Scott, proven and has experience with dealing with pg's  cp3 and kyrie irving

Lawrence Frank, has built in respect from his last tenure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i would give shaw a shot..JVD also...i love that guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

He would be a good coach.  I am surprised that he hasn't already accepted another coaching position. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Franks would be an interesting choice as would VDN,JVG,Brian Shaw,Byron Scott and maybe a surprise pick depending on who is left on the roster. If the commissioner allows the KG trade this could be a complete overhaul team wise. Rajon,Avery, and Jeff would be the headliners, with maybe J. Smith and that would only lead me to believe with DeAndre running with this group they could be good they just need to shed some salary in the form of KG,PP,and one of the following Terry, Lee, Crawford, and Wilcox. If they trade PP to Cleveland they get 10 mil in cap space and 2 number two's, as for the others one of them join KG out in LA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Ainge should immediately go to KG and find out what he wants to do. Does he want to go to a certain team, come back to the Cs or retire.

If he wants to go to a certain team...a contender, try and work a trade.

If he wants to return ask him who he thinks should be the coach....KG has earned that right.

Same goes for PP...sit both of them down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Why so much love for Shaw to come here to coach the Celtics?  My impression is he hates the Celtics and even if he comes here, it would be just to get his first head coaching job and always be on the look to go somewhere else.  I could be wrong but there is a history with him and the Celtics, isn't there?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Wyc isn't going to spend big money on a coach during a rebuild period so I think Karl is out.

It would be Shaw's first job so he would get a decent contract.

I have a feeling it's going to be Del Negro though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Its not R9R's team. He has ZERO say in who the new coach is.

If anything, hire the guy Rondo will dislike the most.

With new coach in place, shape up or ship out time for the enigma.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Anyone with a sense of history would bar Byron Scott from the discussion.

No clowns, and that includes a van gudies, del negro

No crazy or old people, like Hollins, Karl

I like to take a look (2 year deal) with Frank, Shaw, any young guy. We need someone who will keep it simple, let them play, expose talent, but ultimately not get a winning record.

We need to finally spend a year getting bad, healthy, and flexible (assets, picks, expiring $$)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Please not Lawrence Frank. He just got canned in Detroit and did nothing while he was in Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

No Shaw.He is a celtics hater.Remember 1988

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Why so much love for Shaw to come here to coach the Celtics?  My impression is he hates the Celtics and even if he comes here, it would be just to get his first head coaching job and always be on the look to go somewhere else.  I could be wrong but there is a history with him and the Celtics, isn't there?

Appears to me that some of the posters are very young.They do not remember whar Shaw did to the celtics in 1988.No Shaw,please.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

Exactly, of all people that would know, Ainge would be one to remember.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Please not Lawrence Frank. He just got canned in Detroit and did nothing while he was in Boston.

Frank was not fired in Detroit.He decided to leave.He refused to be a lame duck coach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

How about Danny Ainge himself?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/23/4457566/danny-ainge-doc-rivers-celtics-coach

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

[QUOTE]

He would be a good coach.  I am surprised that he hasn't already accepted another coaching position. 

[/QUOTE]

he hasnt accepted another coaching job because he hasnt been offered.  Lets face it, there is a reason why Shaw hasnt been hired... no to Shaw

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

Correct.He was Ainge back up when he decided to leave the team and to go Italy

Exactly, of all people that would know, Ainge would be one to remember.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

The Nets are interested in Frank

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1673220-lawrence-franks-nets-background-is-perfect-for-jason-kidds-coaching-staff

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

How about Danny Ainge himself?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/23/4457566/danny-ainge-doc-rivers-celtics-coach

I dont think Ainge will coach anymore.He was doing a good job in Phoenix when the leaders of his church put pressure on him to spend more time with his family.I think he enjoys being a GM.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The Celtics should make Ainge the coach for this year, and fire him at the end of the year.

He claims that the Red  - Bird - McHale teams were handled improperly. Guess what, Red was the best, and Ainge is not worthy of carring his jock strap. Ainge, what is it lke to fail with KG and Pierce as great players.

In the end we will remember Doc, KG and Pierce as great Celtics. Ainge on the other hand, will be regarded as a light weight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm a George Karl guy, he always seems to get his players to play their best. I think McMillan would be a decent choice. I'm not sold on Shaw,I think Del Negro just gets mentioned because he's a MA guy,SCott is a good coach but it would just be really wierd at first having him coach the Celtics, Frank I wouldn't jump up and down but i would be happier than with Shaw,Del Negro and maybe Scott just because of the whole Laker thing. Hiring an assistant I would be OK with. The guy I don't want is Doug Collins  he is too much of a micromanager ala Pitino. I think we will have a new coach by the draft though who knows tommorrow's PC might be announcing Doc is going and also announce who his replacement is. After DAs handling of this mess I feel confident in his canidate even if it isn't my choice. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

If he is willing, the only choice is Doug Collins.

If not, there are lots of choices. It likely that who ever it is, he will likely only last a year or three.

Expect, lottery ball.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

There are two men that I think would be the best people to lead the Celtics: Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett. I would hire KG to coach the Celtics in a heart beat. Since neither of these will happen, Shaw would be a good choice.

Sections
Shortcuts