Ainge just dosn't get it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Ainge just dosn't get it.

Danny Ainge will not change,his athlete only philosophy is so lame.

International players dot most of the NBA rosters yet Ainge still thinks they are imposters.

Did Danny not watch Europeon Champion Barcelona dismantle our NBA World Champion Lakers. Did Danny not notice Brazil taking the American World team to the wire and losing by a single point!

The 2010 -2011 Celtics will have the same old tired athletes only policy . Great shooters like  Miller, Redick,Kapono, Korver and many others were never courted and saw the athletes only sign hanging over Celtic land.

The playoff 12 man line up looks like a John Thompson Georgetown team from the 80's.

1. Pierce  2. Garnett  3. Oneil 4. Rondo 5. Allen 6 . Shaq 7. Davis 8. Robinson 9. Perkins 10. Daniels 11. West 12. either  Wafer ,Bradley, Lasme or maybe Wallace coming out of retirement.

Luke and Turkey Erden will be in street clothes or traded.

Maybe Danny is trying to be forgiven for past sins, but this athlete only thing is rotten to the core.Watching this slow down thug team will be painful to watch,they may average 70 points a game and 10 T's. So much fun to watch, I rather watch golf or grass growing.

Run

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: Ainge just dosn't get it.

We'd rather you do that, too!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

dude, your act is so old by now.  please find another dead horse to beat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

dude why dont you run to your backyard and watch the grass grow?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

How can Ainge make you happy?

I thought you are satisfied that Ainge hired a TURKEY?
    Go to Sam's site and air your gripes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

I think Jeepers (Creepers) is Dino Radja in disguise...lol!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Dude you wanted a euro, Danny delivered and the guys good so he will get minutes. You wanted a white guy, Bam Danny upgraded from scalabum brought in a decent rebounder from Notre Dame that will work on his game in the Dleague and perhaps be a player in the future! WTH more do you want Old School?! What!!! Your like those customers sprint pcs got rid of because they couldn't be pleased no matter what sprint did! Maybe we should get rid of you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

I don't understand why Danny never bought in a good Euro as well. Sometimes I think that it's easier to go with what you know rather than take a risk and have it fail.

This celt team will definitely struggle athletically and as you suggest, they may be a bit of an eye sore to watch. Still, we can always watch the Heat for the flash and dash and see how that works for them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge just dosn't get it.:
    [QUOTE]How can Ainge make you happy? I thought you are satisfied that Ainge hired a TURKEY? Go to Sam's site and air your gripes.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Che Che,

Watch the C's this year ,they will be the slowest team in the league.

They will lead the league in trash talking,T's and taunting.

Once Perkins is back and West is done with his 10 game suspensions. Boston will field an all black all American team AGAIN. Boston is the only team without an international player the last 5 years.

Erden and Luke will see little time on the hard wood once Perk is back.

Typical all athlete team by Ainge.

Take care Run

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Dude you wanted a euro, Danny delivered and the guys good so he will get minutes. You wanted a white guy, Bam Danny upgraded from scalabum brought in a decent rebounder from Notre Dame that will work on his game in the Dleague and perhaps be a player in the future! WTH more do you want Old School?! What!!! Your like those customers sprint pcs got rid of because they couldn't be pleased no matter what sprint did! Maybe we should get rid of you.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

dfury13

I wanted a fair balanced racially mixed team,that plays old school fast break ball.

This all athlete C's team will play trash talking, thug ball and score 70-80 points per game.

Erden will play until Perk is back and then he will be sent packing. Luke will play in the D league and then get traded next year for a small forward who plays  great defense but stinks at hoop.

Most of the teams get it,that is international players help. Teams in the west have had international players for 10 years now. Ainge just dosn't get it.

So were stuck with the 1990's Knick team and ugly ball.

Take care Run

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Um. They play really good defense and spend more of thier energy getting stops than running the break. The Lakers played even better defense, particularly in crunch time in game 7 and came away world champs. Even if I ignore the weirdness of your complaint it still turns out that your analysis of the Celtics as being similar to the 90s Knicks is way off. However, this team reminds me of the double Championship 70s Knicks that won based on great team defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Run reminds me of the flipside of this article

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/06/14/morning.tip/index.html

The only thing most of us look at though is the scoreboard Undecided

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Nice article Harry.....

Garnett said it all:

"My perception was very similar to that when I played in Minnesota," Garnett said. "Coming here, it's different. You see it from the outside, but once you're on the inside, you belong. And you're embraced from the minute you get here. And if you're a student of the game and you understand the severity of the tradition here, all that comes into play with the responsibility of putting the green on, it's not a white or black thing here."

Oldschool should consider what Garnett said.....learn from him.
    Oldschool has some bad perception that must be broken. Maybe he needs to
    stay in the Celtics locker room to understand the rest of Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

In Response to Ainge just dosn't get it.:
    [QUOTE]Danny Ainge will not change,his athlete only philosophy is so lame. International players dot most of the NBA rosters yet Ainge still thinks they are imposters. Did Danny not watch Europeon Champion Barcelona dismantle our NBA World Champion Lakers. Did Danny not notice Brazil taking the American World team to the wire and losing by a single point! The 2010 -2011 Celtics will have the same old tired athletes only policy . Great shooters like  Miller, Redick,Kapono, Korver and many others were never courted and saw the athletes only sign hanging over Celtic land. The playoff 12 man line up looks like a John Thompson Georgetown team from the 80's. 1. Pierce  2. Garnett  3. Oneil 4. Rondo 5. Allen 6 . Shaq 7. Davis 8. Robinson 9. Perkins 10. Daniels 11. West 12. either  Wafer ,Bradley, Lasme or maybe Wallace coming out of retirement. Luke and Turkey Erden will be in street clothes or traded. Maybe Danny is trying to be forgiven for past sins, but this athlete only thing is rotten to the core.Watching this slow down thug team will be painful to watch,they may average 70 points a game and 10 T's. So much fun to watch, I rather watch golf or grass growing. Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

What's up oldschool?  You know those 80's Georgetown teams were pretty good.

DA is apparently a few steps ahead of you.  That's why they drafted Luke 2 years ago, let him play in Europe a few years and brought him over this year to add depth to the team.  He'll be on the active 12 man roster at least until Perk gets back.

dboss

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

so ainge's typically athletic celtics will be the slowest team in the league?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i would guess that most celtic fans care much more about wins and losses than they do about racial balance.

the NBA has other teams with few (and, even no) players who are not african-american.  who cares? did anyone care when bill russell, satch sanders, kc jones, sam jones, etc won championship after championship in the 60s?

from al davis, "just win,baby !"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

A fair balance racially mixed team? Shouldn't a GM go and get the best players that THEY think are the best for their team? Bringing race into a debate on how a team is structured is appalling.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boludo. Show boludo's posts

“The 2010 -2011 Celtics will have the same old tired athletes only policy . Great shooters like  Miller, Redick,Kapono, Korver and many others were never courted and saw the athletes only sign hanging over Celtic land.

With the exception of Jermaine O’Neal, who is two years younger than and  with somewhat similar stats to Brad Miller, Danny could offer only the minimum. These people were out of the Celtics  price range, unless Jermaine O’Neal were not signed. I would prefer Jermaine to Brad Miller.

Brad Miller       this year signed three-year, $15 million contract

JJ Redick:     this year signed $19 million over three years

Kapono       has one season left on his contract at $6.6 millio

Kyle Korver    this year signed three-year, $15 million.

For the money that Danny Ainge had available, he did pretty well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]so ainge's typically athletic celtics will be the slowest team in the league?
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

This team is slow and plays slow down thug ball. They can't win with talent,they win by beating up the other team. Defense at the expense of offense. Trash talking at the expense of Celtics pride. Ainge has turned back the NBA clock and brought back Piston/Knick grind it out ball.

Run Run and have some fun I say.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Run reminds me of the flipside of this article http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/06/14/morning.tip/index.html The only thing most of us look at though is the scoreboard
    Posted by HarryMangurian[/QUOTE]

Hi Harry

Thanks for proving my point,all people black and white like to see a mixing of races. When the C's had mostly white players ,most of the black players didn't want to play for the C's, and Black fans rooted against the C's,even the writer admitted he wanted the Knicks to win because they had more blacks playing then the  C's did.

Nothing wrong with wishing more players of your own race were on the team. I'm sure Asian people love watching Yao.

The problem comes when a man in power Ainge,picks only one race because of some predisposed stereotype image of what a good player looks like,in Danny's case they have to be black,now this is wrong. At least John Thompson admitted he never looked at any white players while coaching Georgetown.

Take care Run

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ainge just dosn't get it. : What's up oldschool?  You know those 80's Georgetown teams were pretty good. DA is apparently a few steps ahead of you.  That's why they drafted Luke 2 years ago, let him play in Europe a few years and brought him over this year to add depth to the team.  He'll be on the active 12 man roster at least until Perk gets back. dboss
    Posted by dboss[/QUOTE]

So you agree with me, Erden will be the only white player on the C's ,until Perk comes back.

I hated Georgetown's style ,so similar to this C's team. All defense,slowdown ball.

remember when Princeton almost beat them in the tournament,lost by 1 point,on a no call by the officials.

Thompson admitted never looking at white players,this was so wrong yet everyone turned a blind eye,WHY?

Take care Run

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge just dosn't get it. : Hi Harry Thanks for proving my point,all people black and white like to see a mixing of races. When the C's had mostly white players ,most of the black players didn't want to play for the C's, and Black fans rooted against the C's,even the writer admitted he wanted the Knicks to win because they had more blacks playing then the  C's did. Nothing wrong with wishing more players of your own race were on the team. I'm sure Asian people love watching Yao. The problem comes when a man in power Ainge,picks only one race because of some predisposed stereotype image of what a good player looks like,in Danny's case they have to be black,now this is wrong. At least John Thompson admitted he never looked at any white players while coaching Georgetown. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE] There are somethings you can always count on, taxes and old school bringing up the same lame arguments. Haven't you beaten the dead horse to death enough? Say something new that you haven't brought up a thousand times before. In your prime, you were the king of the trolls. Now days, the new kids have caught up with you and surpassed you. Now your act is getting so stale. You can't live on your past fame, it's time for you to argue new ideas. Were tired of the recycled stuff. Get a new gig, or come up with something new at least.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Yeah, what an idiot Ainge is.  He built a team that's won 1 title and came a few minutes away from a 2nd.  He could learn something from Old School and those brilliant GM's that used lottery picks on Darko Milicic, Yi, Bellinelli, Gallinari, Bargnani, etc.  Old school was probably patting Detroit's GM on the back when they took Darko over that tatted up thug, Carmelo.

Those guys are a bunch of superstars!!
      They play such pretty basketball (when nobody's guarding them!!).  And I suppose all of the Euros are also known for their voracious Defense KG would probably strangle some of those guys if they played for the C's

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

runrunandrun just needs the attention. The only time somebody notices him is when he's making threads like this. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

"I wanted a fair balanced racially mixed team."  I think most of us want wins. 

"Watch the C's this year ,they will be the slowest team in the league." Then "Typical all athlete team by Ainge."  I don"t know what to make of this? 

Sections
Shortcuts