Ainge just dosn't get it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbrad389. Show lbrad389's posts

Re: Ainge just dosn't get it.

In Response to Re: Ainge just dosn't get it.:
    [QUOTE]"I wanted a fair balanced racially mixed team."  I think most of us want wins.  "Watch the C's this year ,they will be the slowest team in the league." Then "Typical all athlete team by Ainge."  I don"t know what to make of this? 
    Posted by Micksoxx[/QUOTE]

don't try...I would be VERY worried if you DID understand his line of reasoning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge just dosn't get it. : don't try...I would be VERY worried if you DID understand his line of reasoning.
    Posted by lbrad389[/QUOTE]

I just understood it for a second and blacked out. I woke up crying.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge just dosn't get it. : There are somethings you can always count on, taxes and old school bringing up the same lame arguments. Haven't you beaten the dead horse to death enough? Say something new that you haven't brought up a thousand times before. In your prime, you were the king of the trolls. Now days, the new kids have caught up with you and surpassed you. Now your act is getting so stale. You can't live on your past fame, it's time for you to argue new ideas. Were tired of the recycled stuff. Get a new gig, or come up with something new at least.
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]
    Agreed !  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Just vomited in my mouth a bit from another pathetic run post

It's sad when rambling old fools can't see the joke that they are

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]Just vomited in my mouth a bit from another pathetic run post It's sad when rambling old fools can't see the joke that they are
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

You know what's truly a joke? With all due respect, the people that keep responding to him. What's the point? You can't pit reason against insanity. It just doesn't work that way. All you people are doing is encoraging him to post here for his fix.

What? you think there's going to be some sort of epiphany? Like suddenly he's going to say to himself "Wow, all these people think I'm nuts. Maybe I should go express my ideas to psychologist and see what they think." Of course not! His warped logic is just going to keep repeating itself inside his head like a one track train. He's too unbalanced to realize he's not well. That's the nature of mental illness and warped thinking.

I know my plea is going to fall on deaf ears. Because some people just can't resist poking a freak with a stick. But could we please stop encoraging him. If nobody responds to his crazy ramblings, he will move on to another team/site.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Ainge is a very good manager and he does get it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Ainge is clearly racist and intolerant of whites.  That's all there is to it.  I wold go one step further to say that he secretly hates himself because he is white.  Where is the ACLU on this?  I can't believe that this has escaped my attention until now, this conscientous objector has brought up this issue of social justice / racial inequality.

There, I did it- you have racist, self hating, white intolerant, social justice, racial inequality, the ACLU all mentioned in three sentences- all favorite tools of the social progressives.  There can't be anything else to say on it, right?  So are we done yet?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Seriously, i have not been on this boarch since about July & the last time i was on this board i was watching this guy runrunrun post thread after thread about how the Celtics need more white guys & Danny likes thugs.....His act is old. No one should respond to his foolishness

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hinghamdunker. Show Hinghamdunker's posts

It doesn't have anything to do with what you look like.  Danny is color blind. 
    There simply were no Euro players old enough for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Ainge is clearly racist and intolerant of whites.  That's all there is to it.  I wold go one step further to say that he secretly hates himself because he is white.  Where is the ACLU on this?  I can't believe that this has escaped my attention until now, this conscientous objector has brought up this issue of social justice / racial inequality. There, I did it- you have racist, self hating, white intolerant, social justice, racial inequality, the ACLU all mentioned in three sentences- all favorite tools of the social progressives.  There can't be anything else to say on it, right?  So are we done yet?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    Hello!!

If Danny drafted and picked only white players,you would  he is racist,yet an all black team is ok?? All any race is morally wrong, especially 5 years in a row.

John Thompson at Georgetown did the same ugly thing and never got called out for it. At least John had the courage to say yes I do only want and recruit black men.

Danny uses code words like athletes when describing his ideal player. We all know he means black player who plays hard nose defense and Danny like players who play dirty trash talking thug ball. Slow it up beat the other team down and win 80-75 ,how nice.

Take care Run

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Ainge is a very good manager and he does get it.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Danny is a simple minded  man who hurts the black race by old stereotypes.

How many black men has Danny hired to do his taxes,or buy insurance through or any other white collar job ???

Danny just lives in the past.

Run

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Off your medication again?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]i would guess that most celtic fans care much more about wins and losses than they do about racial balance. the NBA has other teams with few (and, even no) players who are not african-american.  who cares? did anyone care when bill russell, satch sanders, kc jones, sam jones, etc won championship after championship in the 60s? from al davis, "just win,baby !"
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

Russells teams were 50% black 50 % white, the starters were black some years but the bench was all white.

You can win with a mix as well as you can with all black or all white. Ainge just dosn't look at white guys.

The league is 35-40% white.  Most teams have at least 4-5 white players. The C's the last 5 years have had only Scal and he didn't play much.

Take care Run

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge just dosn't get it. : There are somethings you can always count on, taxes and old school bringing up the same lame arguments. Haven't you beaten the dead horse to death enough? Say something new that you haven't brought up a thousand times before. In your prime, you were the king of the trolls. Now days, the new kids have caught up with you and surpassed you. Now your act is getting so stale. You can't live on your past fame, it's time for you to argue new ideas. Were tired of the recycled stuff. Get a new gig, or come up with something new at least.
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]

The horse is not dead and it is still an issue. If a man is a crook and everyone knows it but dosn't do anything about because it is old news,does it make him less of a crook??

No it dosn't, so until Ainge is fired or quits or stops being a racist ,I will bring it up at every opportunity.

Run

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand why Danny never bought in a good Euro as well. Sometimes I think that it's easier to go with what you know rather than take a risk and have it fail. This celt team will definitely struggle athletically and as you suggest, they may be a bit of an eye sore to watch. Still, we can always watch the Heat for the flash and dash and see how that works for them.
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

Hi Rumchale,

I'm glad you noticed Ainge dosn't like Euro's,most on this board seem to have their heads in the sand.

Your also right the team is an eyesore to watch, slow down hoop, no fast breaks, tough hand checking grabbing fouling,defense and lott's of trash talking thug ball.Lets hope they score 80 points a game.

Take care Run

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Run

Racism disguised as love of European players is still racism. you never change your tune,

...same old run.

Isn't  winning was more important than the color of the player?

I guess one championship, and another trip to the finals are not important.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge just dosn't get it. : Hello!! If Danny drafted and picked only white players,you would  he is racist,yet an all black team is ok?? All any race is morally wrong, especially 5 years in a row. John Thompson at Georgetown did the same ugly thing and never got called out for it. At least John had the courage to say yes I do only want and recruit black men. Danny uses code words like athletes when describing his ideal player. We all know he means black player who plays hard nose defense and Danny like players who play dirty trash talking thug ball. Slow it up beat the other team down and win 80-75 ,how nice. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

The overall racial profile of the league has changed about 180 degrees since the 1960s.  Whereas it used to be predominately white, it is now predominately black. 

A much more interesting topic of debate to me would be the mechanics behind that profile change.  I lived through being passed over because there were other players who were not better than me but had a different color of skin when I was coming up.  To put it specifically they had two people of a different race at my position so I was considered scrimmage boy- the starter and back up were already determined before the first day of practice and no matter what I did I could not change that.

Whatever you see in the NBA is a product of what happens in big and small cities and towns throughout the land for K-12 and then the college recruitment process follows that and largely dictates who gets a shot at pro ball.

So for you to sit there and rail on Ainge for having not enough whites is extremely hollow.  The secondary school system, likely at the behest of college recruiters, has gone from discriminating against blacks to discriminating against whites in the last thirty years.  You'd like to think that this country has reached a place in time and culture that there could be a meritocracy in something as self evident as ability to play any given sport. 

Ainge has nothing to do with any of that.  He is simply choosing from what the system has produced.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge just dosn't get it. : The overall racial profile of the league has changed about 180 degrees since the 1960s.  Whereas it used to be predominately white, it is now predominately black.  A much more interesting topic of debate to me would be the mechanics behind that profile change.  I lived through being passed over because there were other players who were not better than me but had a different color of skin when I was coming up.  To put it specifically they had two people of a different race at my position so I was considered scrimmage boy- the starter and back up were already determined before the first day of practice and no matter what I did I could not change that. Whatever you see in the NBA is a product of what happens in big and small cities and towns throughout the land for K-12 and then the college recruitment process follows that and largely dictates who gets a shot at pro ball. So for you to sit there and rail on Ainge for having not enough whites is extremely hollow.  The secondary school system, likely at the behest of college recruiters, has gone from discriminating against blacks to discriminating against whites in the last thirty years.  You'd like to think that this country has reached a place in time and culture that there could be a meritocracy in something as self evident as ability to play any given sport.  Ainge has nothing to do with any of that.  He is simply choosing from what the system has produced.

Hi Acie

Your right the system has discriminated against white American players the last 20 years. College coaches and scouts don't even look at suburban players,especially division 2-3 . Also white kids usably come out of small schools and if your 6 foot tall or bigger you play center or forward. Black kids come from large city schools and get to play guard even if they are 6-5.

The bigger problem I see is with attitude and stereotypes, alott of older white men see a black man and see a basketball player.Coaching a mixed race AAU team,I find the kids harbor this same view. When they look across the gym floor and see an all black team ,they presume they will have a tough game. Most of the time race is not a factor as good teams come in all colors.

Take care run

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge just dosn't get it. :  Most of the time race is not a factor as good teams come in all colors. Take care run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

Good teams do come in all colors.  Our college and professional level players' collective lack of fundamentals, instinctive team play and coachability are on embarrassing display nearly every time we enter the world stage.  Physically smaller but more highly skilled teams from Argentina and other countries give us fits and even sometimes beat us.  It's sad really.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In the last couple years, Ainge brought us a championship, came within one game of another, and has set us up for another run this year. Oh, I see your point.  Ainge suckssss!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

[QUOTE]How can Ainge make you happy? I thought you are satisfied that Ainge hired a TURKEY? Go to Sam's site and air your gripes.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Che,

Why would you send him to us?  We don't have negative types like that at Sam's Celtic Forum.

You can keep him here thanks!

Regards

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge just dosn't get it. : Good teams do come in all colors.  Our college and professional level players' collective lack of fundamentals, instinctive team play and coachability are on embarrassing display nearly every time we enter the world stage.  Physically smaller but more highly skilled teams from Argentina and other countries give us fits and even sometimes beat us.  It's sad really.

In America's defence the best team is rarely chosen for international competition. Only example of the very best team being chosen would be 1992. And even then there was an average player with Laettner.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge just dosn't get it. : Che, Why would you send him to us?  We don't have negative types like that at Sam's Celtic Forum. You can keep him here thanks! Regards
    Posted by NYCelt[/QUOTE]

NY celt

You don't have anyone posting at Sams Club,usally two guys Sam and Bob.

Run 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge just dosn't get it. : Good teams do come in all colors.  Our college and professional level players' collective lack of fundamentals, instinctive team play and coachability are on embarrassing display nearly every time we enter the world stage.  Physically smaller but more highly skilled teams from Argentina and other countries give us fits and even sometimes beat us.  It's sad really.

Acie,

Most of the young players I play against in summer leagues have very poor fundamental skills.They have no idea how to set or use a pick. Most like to isolate and play clear out hoop.

I just wish they would pull their pants up and tie their shoe laces.

At my age I shouldn't be able to score 20 points game,but these kids play little D and let me knock down 3's all day.

Argentina players are tough and play smart,the American kids should take a lesson from them.

Take care Run

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge just dosn't get it. : Che, Why would you send him to us?  We don't have negative types like that at Sam's Celtic Forum. You can keep him here thanks! Regards
    Posted by NYCelt[/QUOTE]

Its true. They don't have negative types like Run over at Sams Forum.

Thats why they come over here to BDC to engage trolls. They get a bit lonely perhaps???

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts