Ainge let's make a deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge let's make a deal

It's time to go ahead and pony up and get this deal done.

#1 and JON for Posey. JON for Posey works straight up but giving them the #1 pick allows them to have something if JON doesn't come back.

It won't take long to get Posey acclimated to the team again. He's got 2 years left on his deal. It's better than dealing with JON for another year. That #1 pick isn't playing on this Celtic team next year anyway. The Pacers could use the pick.

West
    Nate
    Posey
    BBD
    Shaq

I would feel much more comfortable with this lineup than trying to play Wafer at SF.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Ainge let's make a deal

JO for Posey is plausible. But there's no need to give the Pacers a #1 pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Yes there is because you're asking them to take a player that has been injured most of the season. If he gets healthy he can help them, if not they gave away a player.

YOu can make the trade with a clause that if JON doesn't play 50% or more of the games, they get the #1 pick. If he does maybe the pick is downgraded to a 2nd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    What have seen from Posey 2011 that says he is anywhere close to Posey 07-08. I mean in case you haven't noticed he is not the same guy.  Not close.

A first rounder for Posey in the current state is crazy.  I see your concern for a defender and able SF but let's find someone who is worth it.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Do we have to rehash this again? He's on a bad team. He's getting DNPs, the Pacers have a new coach, etc. No one is giving the C's an All Star. His salary isn't that bad but who isn't overpaid in the NBA. Have you seen Dunleavy's or TJ Ford's salary??

Posey is today's Robert Horry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Where's Monty Hall and Carol Merrill. Before I make a deal I want to see what Jay has in the box. Uh, uh, uh, I'll take what's behind the curtain.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    I didn't say he was overpaid, my point is his game is not what it was.  

I loved what the guy brought three years ago.  If they want to take JON off our hands I 'd do it.  But we would not be sure what we were getting.  

You may be right and he will play great.  There is no need to overpay however based on the fact we don't know what we are getting. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Overpay for Posey?? It's not like we're giving him a 5 year deal. Right now we're not getting any production from the guy we did overpay...JON. What player is as good as he was 3 years ago?? For what this team needs he can still provide intangibles and defense. It's basketball, he can still paly defense, get rebounds and hit wide open shots. He didn't turn into a bum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge let's make a deal:
    Do we have to rehash this again? He's on a bad team. He's getting DNPs, the Pacers have a new coach, etc. No one is giving the C's an All Star. His salary isn't that bad but who isn't overpaid in the NBA. Have you seen Dunleavy's or TJ Ford's salary?? Posey is today's Robert Horry.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I like Rip Hamilton for the same reasons, although his salary may be too high to absorb.  But in terms of quality of play and can play some D, Rip would be a good fit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! Well you can't just disregard "his salary may be too high" that's a major factor.

Rip is making much more than Posey. We'd have to give up 3 players and/or probably a pick

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I would only give up JO for Posey if we got TJ or their other PG also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Posey for a second rounder might get it done.  That is if Indiana really has no plans for him.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

What is the infatuation with Posey?  He want be gaurding LBJ, KOBE or any other starting 3.  I think Wafer can handle the scrubs until Quis gets back.  PP is rarely in foul trouble so no bench player will have to deal with a starter too long.  Remember it's team defense, not just one player on an island.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I agree I just wanted  to tamp down Bias' offer of a first rounder and JON.  Posey is by no means a first choice,

Wafer I feel like you,  Wafer has a chance to be a real factor if he is up to it.  Doc needs to let him play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

It's true... Wafer has not got enough minutes yet. I like him, and I wish the C's would prove me right or wrong by playing him more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Agree that a #1 should not be needed

Pose is Indy's 3rd string SF, if he's on the team you tempt a coach to play him, even just 8-12 mins and you take away time from Paul George. Here he is an 18 min backup SF we hope can do 50% of '08 in 75% of the mins he once got.

JON could be the Pacers 2nd or 3rd best big next season, said he wanted to retire a Pacer a couple months ago and could contribute this year if they are the 8th seed. Here is the the 5th best big looking to only get mins to use fouls or if others are in foul trouble.

He'd save the Pacers like 600k

That alone makes the fair swap. If you just have to convince Indy any more than I did above them our 2nd rd pick should more than enough. We sent Walter McCarty to a contender in '05 for the same 2nd rd pick and 600k in savings.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

bias, my man, posey is yesterday's newspaper.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastCoastAudio. Show EastCoastAudio's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge let's make a deal:
    JO for Posey is plausible. But there's no need to give the Pacers a #1 pick.
    Posted by P34

seriously, the reason we didnt re-sign posey was so we werent stuck payin him $6-7 million a season while hes past his prime. so u wanna give up a 1st round pick for that now??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Ainge let's make a deal:
    It's time to go ahead and pony up and get this deal done. #1 and JON for Posey. JON for Posey works straight up but giving them the #1 pick allows them to have something if JON doesn't come back. It won't take long to get Posey acclimated to the team again. He's got 2 years left on his deal. It's better than dealing with JON for another year. That #1 pick isn't playing on this Celtic team next year anyway. The Pacers could use the pick. West Nate Posey BBD Shaq I would feel much more comfortable with this lineup than trying to play Wafer at SF.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Well I think you may have gotten flamed for this one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Wow people get a grip. Most of Posey's contract has been absorbed by the Pacers. The reason why you are getting a guy like Posey is

A) You get rid of JON's contract (Major +++)
    B) You fill a need at backup SF (Needed NOW)
    C) He's familiar with the team 
    D) He can still play defense, he didn't lose a leg.
    E) The last time we won a title he was an major reason why we won

So what he's not the same player he was 3 years ago...who is??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

bias is right on this one as far as everything he just said above

The # 1 pick is the only thing he was wrong about... make it a 2nd rd pick and its a fair move

Indy saves 700-800k and best case gets a big who helps them more than a 3rd string SF and worst case has to shelve JON, he still gets to retire a Pacer like he wants and they simply created more room to play Paul George, a lotto pick, more @ SF.

They are rebuilding, that should be the plan anyhow, OB was fired in part b/c he played vets too much.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Posey in '08 was a 24 minute per guy who played crunch time PF (w/ KG @ C) and gave us 7.4 points, 4.3 rebounds and a steal each game.

He played great defense on SF's and went 1.4-3.8 per game on 3's.

All we'd want of him in a return role is 18 minutes per game, Baby plays crunch time PF (or you can call him the C) with 6 points, 3 rebounds a steal every 2 games and just one nice clutch 3.

I'd just want him to play very good defense on SF's and go 1-2.5 on 3's.

He hasn't played for a team in serious playoff contention since he left here. Many think he's seriously fallen off, but even if he's now mediocre in Indy he can turn back the clock to be 80-90% of what he was once he is back on this club trying to win a title. Especially since we don't need the same minutes and responsibilities from him that we did in '08.

Mostly just fouls, rest for Paul and someone you can't double off off at the 3 point line like everyone did with 'quis. His familiarity with the team is crucial.

We currently have NO backup SF. The man we'd move for Pose is our 5th-6th big and he's injured for another 5 weeks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Don't you all think that with 2 more inches, 20 more lbs and not recently returning from a bruised spine that Pose is a better option to guard Turkoglu, Deng, James and others we may face than Daniels will be?

That is what we'd want him for. Not to play almost entirely against the other teams bench like Daniels, but to play nearly the same D Paul was on a starting SF... while letting Paul play 36 mins instead of 40.

Then Paul can run with the reserves for a bit each game and help alleviate the points drought that happens when they come in then when we need Paul to score AND defend in the 4th quarter he won't be gassed from already spending 30+ mins chasing an elite/younger starting SF around. Like the Cleve series last year won mostly by rondo.. a lot by Ray/KG and LBJ quitting... and not so much by Pierce, despite his great defensive efforts, b/c he was spent by each 4th quarter.

Pierce would have spent maybe 20-24 mins 1st 3 q's with Pose around playing the guy 6-10 mins and Paul will be ready to roll the last 8 mins of each game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Bias, I must say that I will agree with you on this trade. Any trade that has to do with an ex-Celtics should be welcomed, or at least looked at, since they are very familiar with the system. James Posey and Tony Allen fit this category.

Personally, I like James Posey. And I disagree with everyone who said that he is washed up. He is still a valuable player. The reason why his talents declined in Indiana is because Indiana is not playing for any good purpose. They are not going anywhere. But if he comes back to Boston, knowing that they are playing for nothing else but championship, his talents and focus will increase, and he will be a different player.

Although, I don't like the idea of giving up our #1 draft pick, but if any deal could be worked out to acquire James Posey, I am in full support.

Time Will Only Tell

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Wll said...Posey is a perfect fit for this team. Leadership, experience, willing to fit into a roll, and big time shooting when needed...Not to mention his defense...We need proven players, not wannabes...We cant dpend on rookies in the play offs or seventh game....

Sections
Shortcuts