Ainge: Move a PF for a Center

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge: Move a PF for a Center

I like Bass, West and Wilcox but we have too many PFs when you include JJ and KG. What happened to the thought that Green could also move to the PF to create mismatches. Too many PFs and not enough minutes. It gives us some athleticism but we need a C very bad. I want to get DeAndre Jordan or Kaman from the Clippers

Green, Bass, JJ and #1 pick for either Jordan or Kaman.

If we can get one of them we are set.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Ainge: Move a PF for a Center

Kaman's not worth all of those assets.  In fact, he's maybe worth Bass and a pick.  According to Basketball-reference.com, he compared to the estimable Abdul Aziz (Don Smith) and the likes of Mark Blount. Mark Blount!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

In Response to Ainge: Move a PF for a Center:
    [QUOTE]I like Bass, West and Wilcox but we have too many PFs when you include JJ and KG. What happened to the thought that Green could also move to the PF to create mismatches. Too many PFs and not enough minutes. It gives us some athleticism but we need a C very bad. I want to get DeAndre Jordan or Kaman from the Clippers Green, Bass, JJ and #1 pick for either Jordan or Kaman. If we can get one of them we are set.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Dude-you are crazy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I think we need to forget about DeAndre...and Kaman?? no thanks.. I love the lineup we have and I am sure a 7footer will be in uniform when the season starts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

But we are here to speculate who it is going to be. Who is the center?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

He can't be done trading, and we still have the mini-MLE.......maybe it's Paul and Okafor, maybe it's Foster or Gray............it is very exciting, though!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge: Move a PF for a Center:
    [QUOTE]But we are here to speculate who it is going to be. Who is the center?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree that we still need a center.  Wouldn't be surprised if someone else is traded to make this happen. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

To get a good big man...not a stiff, you have to give up some nice pieces. Ainge isn't done.

Maybe after the Paul deal gets done and New Orleans has some bigs.

Green and #1 for Okafor

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Green and #1 for Okafor" 

I don't usually like your trade ideas and your original one was terrible but this is pretty good! 

I approve this trade. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think we will all be shocked when Ainge brings in Kevin Love.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]To get a good big man...not a stiff, you have to give up some nice pieces. Ainge isn't done. Maybe after the Paul deal gets done and New Orleans has some bigs. Green and #1 for Okafor
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Heard Okafor might be involved in the CP3 trade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

One things seems sure that DA has accumulated too many forwards and no center.  Is he doing it with the idea of Dalembert or something bigger?  You would think so but  some these guys we have brought in are very small pieces(not West).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

You say some of these players are very small pieces, but we have a very imaginative GM in Danny and a Coach who is very adaptive. Nothing in this carnival would surprise me.  Danny and Doc have owners who support them experimenting with their moves and I don't think most of the teams have the imagination or the intestinal fortitude to attempt this kind of experimentation. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

[QUOTE]I think all we need at this point is a center. We still have plenty of opportunities and assets to obtain one. It may be a blessing that the David West and Chris Paul trades did not go through.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? The sides are still talking. The deal is starting to look like a sure thing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Greg Stiemsma is signed. In the summer league last year he was covering Blake Griffin and rejected him twice in the first half of the game!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Getting a true Center may still be in cards but the immediate competitoin, Heat and Bulls, don't really have true Centers either.  Stockpiling size to go against the Heat is a good approach, attack Bosh early on both ends of the floor.  These acquistitions make the C's far more athletic on the inside than they were at any point last year. 

With KG, Wilcox, Bass, West, JJ, and now Steimsma that is potentially a lot of bodies and a lot of fouls.  It does seem like a bit of log jam though, so it wouldn't be surprising if someone is still moved to address the Center or add depth at the #2.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Finally the Celtics will be able to run and gun.  If only the Celts can get rebounds too.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Not cleaning the glass is what has ultimately cost this team in the play-offs the last 2 years.  Bass, West, Wilcox, and even Stiemsma suggest that Danny wants to fix that. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge: Move a PF for a Center : If we can rebound we will win a lot of games. Rebounding is the key. With KG moving to Center, the Wilcox addition is not just a nice pick up anymore, it's a great pick up!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Offensive rebounding is one of the reasons our totals are low. The reason for that is Doc likes the team to get back on defense.  Sure we can improve some on defensive rebounding but were not bad there by percentage..  Don't think our offensive rebounding will ever get a lot higher with Doc's philosophy.  Another reason for the rebounding numbers are we probably take fewer shots and slow the game down more than most teams.  Going  strictly by amount of rebounds is kind of misleading.