Ainge needs to make some trades before this thing gets too far...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Ainge needs to make some trades before this thing gets too far...

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:

Brooklyn tricked us.

They gave us their good players and took the old and slow Pierce and Garnett.

They did this so they would get in the lotterty, and we wouldn't.

That doesn't make sense because Brooklyn also gave us their 1st round pick.

That's even more diabolical.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Brooklyn tricked us.

Relax!  He is just being funny.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

Nobodys commenting on my relevent thread :(

I'd look to turn Crawford into Teauge and Snell

For god's sake, you couldn't turn Crawford into Snell.  I hate to crush your dreams, but Snell will not be available, nor is Gasol unless you offer a high first round picks and Rondo on Gasol. 

Headbeat 

Whats your problem?

I got this idiot saying my dreams will be crushed if I don't get Snell. I have the other idiot saying that Crawford is now our bonefied super-star combo guard.

ITS A FREAKING PROPOSAL. I know it sounds like marriage, but trust me, I am not married to any of these ideas.

Its obviously a good idea and a realistic trade if I have half the world thinking the Celtics players are trash and the other half thinking the Bulls players are trash. 

All I know is that Chicago is looking for a PG, looking at Nelson. Crawford is cheaper and they don't need to blow up the team for a stop-gap measure at PG. Teagues a bust, Snell is an asset. Its a good trade. Eat that crow

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

I would do Crawford for Snell. including Teague would just be icing.

Thank you Mossa :)

Teagues included to make the salary work. I don't think he's going to make it even as a third string PG in the NBA, but he can be waved. Snell is an interesting player on a rookie deal. It makes sense for the Celtics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjcaesar. Show kjcaesar's posts

Totally agree, cut that we are not tanking crap! we need to tank and stop winning!!!we just need to tank this year and some how come away with Paker than we will be set for next decade.  After watching more and more Duke games, I'm totally sold on him. In my opinion, he will be franchise player just like Pierce was.  Go for it Celtics! plz... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

you have to remember Chicago still has Hinrich and the ancient James at Point.

Hinrich is better than Crawford.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

If Bradley could shoot he would be a keeper.Right now he is one dimensional player.DefenseWe sure need a 2 who can shoot 3,s.Crawford? maybe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I would do a Bradley for Turner deal in a heartbeat. If it means giving them Humphries or maybe Bass, that would be fine with me. Rondo and Turner would be a very good guard combo. 

I don't think this tanking thing is going to work, to many weak teams in the East. We may win just 26 games and still make the playoffs.  What's plan B?

If I were giving Hump might as well get Hawes and Turner, right? Then we still have the $10MM TPE and can resign Hawes and Turner with Bird Rts.

I would go for that. I've always liked Hawes game.  I'm not so sure the 76'ers would want to make that trade though. We may have to throw in a late 1st to make them go for it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I would do a Bradley for Turner deal in a heartbeat. If it means giving them Humphries or maybe Bass, that would be fine with me. Rondo and Turner would be a very good guard combo. 

I don't think this tanking thing is going to work, to many weak teams in the East. We may win just 26 games and still make the playoffs.  What's plan B?

If I were giving Hump might as well get Hawes and Turner, right? Then we still have the $10MM TPE and can resign Hawes and Turner with Bird Rts.

I would go for that. I've always liked Hawes game.  I'm not so sure the 76'ers would want to make that trade though. We may have to throw in a late 1st to make them go for it.

Of course you like it, its a horribly one sided trade. Hawes & Turner for Humphries? Both of those players will be RFA. Humphries will be a free agent. Why would the 76ers give away their two best players for an expiring contract?

Sometimes I just don't understand.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Brooklyn tricked us.

Definitely agree.  Brooklyn is way over the cap and spending a lot of money to lose games.  I am sure that is not what the owner intended when he traded for Pierce, KG and Terry. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Of course you like it, its a horribly one sided trade. Hawes & Turner for Humphries? Both of those players will be RFA. Humphries will be a free agent. Why would the 76ers give away their two best players for an expiring contract?

Sometimes I just don't understand.

Try to keep up, i know it's hard, but you can do it.  The trade is Bradley and humphries for Turner and Hawes, and i said they would want more, like a 1st round dfrat choice. Understand now? i doubt it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

i dislike humphries less than i expected to. such a shame he did the reality tv nonsense. he still has some redemption to do but i kind of like the way he plays the game.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

PATIENCE!

These are kids! They will take 2, 3 maybe 4 yeras to even approach their best years. This team can make the finals by 2016, but not by tanking, or trading just for the sake of trading. The second best deal a Boston team has made (can't beat the Backett one) is letting Pierce and KG go.

PATIENCE!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

PATIENCE!

These are kids! They will take 2, 3 maybe 4 yeras to even approach their best years. This team can make the finals by 2016, but not by tanking, or trading just for the sake of trading. The second best deal a Boston team has made (can't beat the Backett one) is letting Pierce and KG go.

PATIENCE!

Sorry but this is a fallacy. I'm all for patience, once we get the right team. We are far from that. This roster is a mess. Sure there are 4 or 5 pieces that may constitute the final product, but we aren't close enough for that patience nonsense.

I'm all for patience once we get a full core of a team, just like Indy did with Hill, Lance, George, Granger, David and Hibs. We are like 2/3 the way there, tops.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Evan Turner is not a 3-point shooter.

Brad Stevens will not like that.

waiters would be nice 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

i dislike humphries less than i expected to. such a shame he did the reality tv nonsense. he still has some redemption to do but i kind of like the way he plays the game.

I never understood all the booing just because some country boy got duped by some fast talking $ hungry TV personalities ... Guy has game and always has ... He's a bit rusty now but always been a descent rebounder and put back guy good for 10 & 10.

I'm with you. Humphries has always been a hard working above average player, who could help a lot of teams.

Sections
Shortcuts