Ainge needs to trade:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Re: Ainge needs to trade:

I think this needs to happen because there are expiring contracts and the celtics will need a good center.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Ainge needs to trade::
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=47ybddf it was successful.
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs

You don`t agree wih Hollinger`s analysis? It`s a good fantasy trade, but not on the court. Celts are defense 1st. Those guys are not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

First, please explain why that's a good trade?   Explain why your 6th man in BBD, a player you've finally taught the offense to (Nate), and your starting center you won a championship and your arguably second best defensive player (Perkins) are worth  Brooke Lopez (good center, but not great) and Jay Humphries (of little value)?

Please explain your logic for changing so much of your roster when you are already view as one of the best teams in the league, if not the best.  You have a championship run going and you want to make not only a tweak but a major change in your players....probable starter (Perk), 6th man (BBD), and one of your energy sparkplugs (Nate)?

Please do explain the logic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

NJ isn't doing that deal...no way.

I would take Lopez and Morrow in a heartbeat. NJ isn't crazy though especially if they're about to get Melo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge needs to trade::
    NJ isn't doing that deal...no way. I would take Lopez and Morrow in a heartbeat. NJ isn't crazy though especially if they're about to get Melo.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Agreed - what's NJ's incentive to do this deal?  I love Lopez and Morrow, as well, but I wouldn't give up Perk AND BBD to get them.  One of them, yes, both - no.  I like our team and wouldn't give up both of my defensive players.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

OK, I've got one for you:

All of the players involved in this trade have either: expressed a desire to be traded or have been rumored to be on the way out of town to cut salary.
    Needs:
    Sacramento - dump a huge salary of a disgruntled player, get expiring contracts and get tougher for a least the rest of the year.

Houston - needs a center with Ming on the way out and Miller not cutting it.  Houston has many 3 and 4's, and some expiring contracts.

Washington - cut salary and get out of a long-term contract.

Boston - help with a wing defender and more athletic bigs.

So:

Sacramento gets:  Jarred Jeffries and Kendrick Perkins (both of whom have expiring deals)
    Houston gets: Samuel Dalembert and Avery Bradley (or #1 pick to make the numbers work).   Dalembert can start for Houston.
    Washington gets:  Marquis Daniels (excess baggage after this trade) and BBD ( who I don't think we can re-sign.
    Boston gets - Shane Battier and Andray Blatche.  Battier can cover MeBron and koME, and can hit 3's.  Blatche MAY be a headcase, but don't you all think that with 2 years of tutelage under KG, Shaq, Ray and Rondo he can turn it around?  When KG retires in two years, Blatche will still only be 26, and ready to step in and start!!

Then, we can still re-sign Sheed.

Second team - West, Nate/Wafer, Battier/Harangody, Blatche/Semih, Sheed/JON/Semih.......that team could make the playoffs on its' own merit!!
    Thoughts?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Hedley....

I dont like it.

I honestly think they should stay the course barring any major injuries to a starter.  Once KG, West and Perk are back this team will finally be close to 100%.  JON will either rest for a while and play in spurts or get surgery and be back by season's end to give us one more big with 6 fouls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

So we're unloading Perk, BBD, Bradley and Daniels and get Battier and Blatche!!!

If Ainge could swing that deal he'd be GM of the Year. The Lakers would immediately call for an investigation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

So we're unloading Perk, BBD, Bradley and Daniels and get Battier and Blatche!!! If Ainge could swing that deal he'd be GM of the Year. The Lakers would immediately call for an investigation.
    Posted by BiasLewis

NO, we're getting help from other teams as well.  Sac is giving up Dalembert and Houston is giving up Jeffries.  We lose four players, get two and sign Sheed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Hedley.... I dont like it. I honestly think they should stay the course barring any major injuries to a starter.  Once KG, West and Perk are back this team will finally be close to 100%.  JON will either rest for a while and play in spurts or get surgery and be back by season's end to give us one more big with 6 fouls.
    Posted by jdm894g

I respect your opinion.  Just throwing stuff out there.  I know it will never happen, but DA has always done something at the deadline...whether it be sign Sheed or make a trade (Nate last year).  Battier will be moved, apparently, and I'd hate to see someone else get him, as he'd be perfect for us!!  We are at the max roster spot of 15, so regardless, someone will have to go!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

I like the idea of getting tall and mobile up front. I don't think Jersey does that deal.

Now if I could do a deal involving Big Al and Davis I'd defintiely be on board for that.  I think Al could be elite defensively with training and it's been said he's one of the top 5 finishers inside anywhere.

Jefferson-Perk-Garnett is all you need up front.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Just look at Blatche's contract and you'll know there is ZERO chance Ainge is going to take on a contract like that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Blacthe is signed for 5 years.  4 after this one.  Do you really think Davis will get less than 4 years and 5 mill per year?  Their PER is about the same, Blachte is 24, and he's a better rebounder!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Blacthe is signed for 5 years.  4 after this one.  Do you really think Davis will get less than 4 years and 5 mill per year?  Their PER is about the same, Blachte is 24, and he's a better rebounder!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

It's not a good idea to give up Perk and BBD just for Blatche. If it's Blatche for BBD then fine, but not Perk and BBD for Blatche. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If the Lakers and the Celtics meet again in the Finals, this season, I don't think the Celtics can beat the Lakers with KG/Blatche against Gasol/Bynum. It's not realistic to expect Blatche can do what Perk and BBD does on defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I don't think the C's need to make any big trades and possibly not even any small trades. The only concern I have is Daniels playing some of the bigger 3's in the playoffs. However I'm less concerned now than I was a month or so ago because I like what Daniel's brings in other aspects of the game. Daniels is also having a good season.
        With Perk and Delonte coming back, the C's will have more depth than any team in the league. I just pray the injury bug is done bitting this season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Perk hasnt played a second this season so we're not losing anything giving him up. So to me its, BBD & Nate for Lopez & Morrow.

Well, a healthy, young , good center is just what the Celtics need. So Lopez would be a great pick up with his 19 pts per game.

Humphries is a decent PF.. 9pts, 9 rebs, 1 BS in only 25 mins per game.  BBD only avg's 3 pts more and 4 rebs less playing 30 min per game. Certainly Humphries is big rebounding upgrade and pts on a per minute basis is almost a wash.

At this point its clearly a great trade for the Celtics, but does Nates value trump whats on the table? No.

I was all for Nate when we picked him up. I know this guy can be a game changer. This season hes been a disappointment. It may be cause DOc has had to play him as a starting & backup PG all season. Thats just not Nates forte. Nate needs to come off the bench with DWest running the Point.. but we havent seen enough of that to know for sure what Nates value would be.

So as it stands today... its a no-brainer..  Id jump at this trade but I seriously doubt the Nets would even consider it.  Giving up 2 starters ( one an all-star possibly) in exchange for 2 bench players & a so-so center coming off major knee surgery isnt going to happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

NJ isn't doing that deal...no way. I would take Lopez and Morrow in a heartbeat. NJ isn't crazy though especially if they're about to get Melo.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Don't underestimate Humpries. He's been playing well of late

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Brook Lopez is only averaging 5.9 rpg. 

HAHAHA!!!

All-Star Center and 5.9 rebounds per game?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

NJ won't trade Lopez for MELO!!  Why would they trade him to us for Perk and BBD?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Expiring contract or not, I'll be blown away if Ainge trades BBD this season.  He's our most consistent player off the bench, and on an injury prone team, that's saying a lot.
    If Ainge trades away anybody, it will be those players who are either chronically injured and are unable to contribute meaningful minutes, or those whose lack of experience limit them in this regard.
    That means JO, Bradley, and Harangody.
    Another factor would be if the player(s) we receive makes a player currently on our roster irrelevant insofar as talent.
    Von Wafer and Marquis Daniels come to mind in this light.
    I don't see Ainge trading anyone whose well adapted to the Celtic style of play.
    As Perk is coming back, the only hole I can perceive in this team is a good defender for a SF/SG.
    I think any trade DA might make will revolve around this need.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think they have until the trade deadline to find out what BBD will be demanding in his next contract.  Having followed Boston sports for about 40 + years, and reading comments from BBD, I really think he wants to start and get starters money..................IF that is the case, I'd hate to see him walk away at the end of the year crying about being "disrespected", and we get nothing.  If he can't be signed, trade him to WAS for Blachte!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If Ainge trades away anybody, it will be those players who are either chronically injured and are unable to contribute meaningful minutes, or those whose lack of experience limit them in this regard. That means JO, Bradley, and Harangody. Another factor would be if the player(s) we receive makes a player currently on our roster irrelevant insofar as talent. Von Wafer and Marquis Daniels come to mind in this light. I don't see Ainge trading anyone whose well adapted to the Celtic style of play. As Perk is coming back, the only hole I can perceive in this team is a good defender for a SF/SG. I think any trade DA might make will revolve around this need.
    Posted by breaktime

So what team do you think wants our players that are chronically injured and unable to contribute meaningful minutes?  I hope we work a deal with that GM real soon.  Von Wafer and MD?  Those are two of our cheapest players.  Would be hard to get anything for them. The more than likely would just help make a trade work.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge needs to trade: : So what team do you think wants our players that are chronically injured and unable to contribute meaningful minutes?  I hope we work a deal with that GM real soon.  Von Wafer and MD?  Those are two of our cheapest players.  Would be hard to get anything for them. The more than likely would just help make a trade work.
    Posted by OneOnOne

The WBA?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Hey guys, Aaron McKie was RETIRED when he was traded for Gasol, so anything is possible..........................................oh, wait, that was the lakers....nevermind!!

Sections
Shortcuts