Ainge NOT content with the roster

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Ainge NOT content with the roster

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Chad Ford's mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries.

Kirk,

Chad Ford is merely expressing the obvious about the Celtics.  The team as presently constructed is not a serious contender for the title.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

And I was merely making a joke by referring to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

and now for something completly different

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I cannot see Danny blowing it up.  I think this team is a player away from contending.  I wouldn't be surprised to see DA blow it up this summer though.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

And I was merely making a joke by referring to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Sorry not as big a fan of Monty Python, don't know the reference.  I did like the "The Life of Brian" and "The Meaning of Life" though.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I cannot see Danny blowing it up.  I think this team is a player away from contending.  I wouldn't be surprised to see DA blow it up this summer though.

I do too, if we could somehow get LeBron!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

start the rebuilding process, this team isn't close to contending for a championship. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

start the rebuilding process, this team isn't close to contending for a championship. 

Right.  This 6 game winning streak was an illusion.  Charlotte and Phoenix were more competitive then they should've been.  Atlanta was a fluke win - quality wins do not include games where you are down by 18 points and have 1 good quarter.  After having Houston down by 17 points, they let them back to 2 points in the 4th quarter.  New York and Indiana were the only real quality wins.  This team is LISTLESS and needs a change and when this home heavy month is over this team will have real problems.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

In response to sporter81's comment:

I totally agree, except for one thing.........we need a new coach

Right.  This 6 game winning streak was an illusion.  Charlotte and Phoenix were more competitive then they should've been.  Atlanta was a fluke win - quality wins do not include games where you are down by 18 points and have 1 good quarter.  After having Houston down by 17 points, they let them back to 2 points in the 4th quarter.  New York and Indiana were the only real quality wins.  This team is LISTLESS and needs a change and when this home heavy month is over this team will have real problems.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I f art in your general directions. There's a reason why you guys aren't NBA employees,you guys might listen to Jimi but you guys ain't hearing Jimi...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I f art in your general directions. There's a reason why you guys aren't NBA employees,you guys might listen to Jimi but you guys ain't hearing Jimi...

Kettle meet pot. You are the son of a silly person.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

These guys are going nowhere without a legitimate center and that guy aint Kevin Garnett.  KG is one of the best power forwards to ever play the game.  KG as a center with Brandon Bass as the starting power forward and an aged PAul Pierce rounding out the front court is taking this team nowhere.  

What's the story Danny?  C'mon Mr. Mormon, get us a center.  You claim blood descent from Jesus Christ, you should be able to get us a guy who can move his feet on both ends and run with Rondo.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to shines01's comment:

These guys are going nowhere without a legitimate center and that guy aint Kevin Garnett.  KG is one of the best power forwards to ever play the game.  KG as a center with Brandon Bass as the starting power forward and an aged PAul Pierce rounding out the front court is taking this team nowhere.  

What's the story Danny?  C'mon Mr. Mormon, get us a center.  You claim blood descent from Jesus Christ, you should be able to get us a guy who can move his feet on both ends and run with Rondo.

Another incarnation of Lakers troll.  Let see how this can keep in character.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

lakers troll hahahahaha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

OF COURSE DANNY IS NOT CONTENT WITH THIS ROSTER!!  

Nobody should be content with this roster unless you're a not a Celtics fan.

This team is not competitive... and if you can't see that, and the flaws that must to be fixed, then you really need to spend time watching Celtics games with someone who understands the game of basketball...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Actually I think I said that. I think any additions will not be by trade but by opt outs we could deal the Barzilian Blabber due to trcent developments though,but since nobody wanted to sign him but us I don't think he is going to bring any siunificant value. I'm thinking if we get another frontline player I'm thinking Melo after D league season ends. Now if we bring up Melo right before the trade deadline and he gets an unusual amount of p/t  then there might be a more significant trade but a big time trade I just don't see DA trading anyone in our top 8 rotation. When earlier D Cousins seemed to be on the way out since he is still got this year and next on his rookie contract I was saying if we could trade Terry or Lee I would do that but that doesn't seem to be the case. I would be less likely want to trade Lee since he stopped trying to be Ray Allen and is being Courtney Lee I think his play has been much better. Terry has been dissapointing but he is a streak guy and though at the time I thought he was a good signing, I have my doubts now. I still don't think we make any big moves via trades involving our top 8 rotation guys.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

bass is expendable if a big man is brought in for him. some combo of bass, next years pick, melo, and terry or lee, and barbosa should also all be on the table to make something happen. the team desperately needs a serviceable center and could use an actual back-up pg. failure to acquire a reasonable big man though will likely eliminate any shot of getting past miami. even with a move it's going to be very tough. the reason to make the move though is the fact that despite their mediocre overall play they are still in playoff contention and the east is really weak. the knicks; atlanta; nets; chicago; and pacers all seem eminently beatable and an injury to a key heat player could tilt things. chicago's chances could obvously get MUCH better id rose comes back healthy, but right now it's not like they're looking at trying to climb over four teams that they're not close to. if that was the case I'd say forget it and just play out the string and/or try to get younger. these opportunities do not come along every year though so here's hoping that if ainge can make a move without trading sullinger or bradley he does so. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawaiibob. Show hawaiibob's posts

in talking with someone yesterday we agreed there is really no great team out there right now, especially in the east. yes, miami will most likely be ready to roll come playoffs but it's really only them that stands in the way between the celtics and the finals. assuming the celtics are able to get past miami they would then face most likely the thunder; clippers are a possibility as are less so the spurs. so to make it to the finals and win the title they do need a 30 + mpg big. consensus seems to be gortat. who i would not trade: rr, kg, pp, bradley, sully, green; everyone else is available. get it done. the title is there for the taking and the time is now with the current core as mentioned. next year is not an option as kg and pp will be that much closer to the end. i repeat--this year in particular is the year to swoop in and take the title. an opportunity like this may not exist again. get it done! 09, 10, 11 and 12 were opportunities lost! 10 and 12 in particular!!

Sections
Shortcuts