Ainge on Three Pronged Approach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Ainge on Three Pronged Approach

-

From Paul Flannary on WEEI:  Ainge on amnesty, the mid-level exemption, and the Celtics need for size.

"1. Ainge won’t use the amnesty provision: This was expected, but there was at least a theoretical possibility that the team could use it on Jermaine O’Neal and get far enough under the luxury tax line to consider using the full mid-level exception.

2. The Celtics will likely use the taxpayer mid-level: There are three different free agent markets. There’s one for teams with cap space, one for teams that can use the full mid-level exception — a four-year deal starting at $5 million — and one for teams stuck with the taxpayer mid-level –  a three-year deal starting at $3 million.

They are already priced out of the market for players like Tyson Chandler and Nene and that could leave them out on high-scoring guards like Jamal Crawford and Jason Richardson. They will have to hope the market shakes out those big deals first and lets them compete with other contenders for veterans looking to sacrifice money for a chance at a championship.

3. Size is their biggest priority: No kidding, you say? Well, it’s also true that the Celtics need bench scoring just as much as they need height but with an aging O’Neal and Garnett manning the middle, Ainge has to find quality depth. Expect names like Joel Przybilla, Kwame Brown and Chuck Hayes to be mentioned prominently. "

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

https://twitter.com/#!/RajonRondowski

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Ainge on Three Pronged Approach

Kwame Brown would be my choice, but I still would like to know if we could get Kris Humphries... a much better fit for celts then baby and the money is fine too with him making just over 3 million last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

I expect Danny to come up with a BIg surprise as far as big men go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Can we buy out Krstic's contract from Russia?

Baby will be used to acquire our other big - maybe Humphries or Petro from NJ.  Let's also not forget that we have JJJ, who they seem to like.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge on Three Pronged Approach:
    [QUOTE]Can we buy out Krstic's contract from Russia? Baby will be used to acquire our other big - maybe Humphries or Petro from NJ.  Let's also not forget that we have JJJ, who they seem to like.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Red,
    I think they can buy NK out.
    As for JJJ, I thought he is a 4.

AK

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge on Three Pronged Approach : Red, I think they can buy NK out. As for JJJ, I thought he is a 4. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

He is a 4, but someone mentioned Humphries, who is also a 4, so I was piggybacking on that!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

What about Aaron Gray, or Hilton Armstrong. I think Danny should go hard after both of them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE] What about Aaron Gray, or Hilton Armstrong. I think Danny should go hard after both of them.
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've been saying Aaron Gray for months now.  Baby will be traded (sign and trade) for a big or semi-big!  The Nets like him, so let's get Humphries or Petro

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

what about Josh Smith.  He has Rondo's back.  working a deal to get smith might entice Howard to sign next year when the Celts use the amnesty on Pierce.

I have a feeling I'll get yell'd at for this but those two athletic 7 footer's up front with Rondo at the point would mean business.  I think the only way it could happen is if they could convince Atlanta to take KG for the year along with a sign and traded Baby or something else they considered as future material.  Garnnet's contract would have to go so that the Celts could afford Smith who is signed for I think through next year.  the Hawks might do it because they might feel that KG off their book at the end of this year could bring them into the Howard conversation, or just free them up from Smith's over paid contract along with aquiring another player for their future.  

It works for the Celts because Smith is a part of Rondo's emotional circle and Rondo would get more out of his play, Smith can finish.  It's a gamble but Smith and Howard up front means that the Celts won't get pushed around by anyone.

Sections
Shortcuts