Ainge on Trading Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Ainge on Trading Rondo

• The Celtics have “just valued Rajon Rondo” more than any other club over the last eight years, Ainge told reporters, including Baxter Holmes of the Boston Globe (onTwitter).  Of course, the C’s got a ton of calls on their star guard but wound up holding on to him through the deadline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: Ainge on Trading Rondo

enough of this

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

From Steve Bulpett:

The Celtics president of basketball operations seemingly was less upset with his inability to improve his club’s rebuilding position and more disappointed with how Rajon Rondo’s name got thrown around in rumors when there never was anything approaching a substantive discussion for the All-Star point guard. There were some token offers.

“There’s always some of that, but that’s just people checking,” Ainge said. “I don’t have a problem with somebody calling me even if I don’t think it’s a reasonable offer. That happens all the time, and I’m sure I’ve done that, too. I don’t have any issues with that.

“But what I do have issues with is people that call with really no intention to make a deal and just an intention of being able to say they called. Then the next thing you know, as soon as they hang up the phone, there’s rumors that they’re trying to get Rondo. So it becomes a story that’s talked about for seven days, when in fact they never really did want Rondo and we definitely had no interest in getting rid of Rondo.

“We love Rondo, and we had no intention of doing that deal. But someone can call and feel good about themselves and make some bogus offer and then have a rumor out there that they’re trying to get him.”

What DA is doing to Rondo... and I am not big fan of ASPG by any stretch... borders on the abusive.

DA is dangling R9R for all he is worth and when it goes nowhere, DA claims that he had no intentions of "getting rid" of Rondo and that we "love Rondo."

Funny that DA admits that he asked Rondo if he would consider resigning with Sacto... Rondo refuses... and what do you know....  that was apparently just a bogus offer too.

But on who's part? DA or Sacto?

Rondo is being abused by DannyBoy... and that will come back to bite DA right on the rump.

Very bad karma.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Abusing Rondo?

$12 million dollars a year?

Where can I sign up for that kind of abuse? Please!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From Steve Bulpett:

The Celtics president of basketball operations seemingly was less upset with his inability to improve his club’s rebuilding position and more disappointed with how Rajon Rondo’s name got thrown around in rumors when there never was anything approaching a substantive discussion for the All-Star point guard. There were some token offers.

“There’s always some of that, but that’s just people checking,” Ainge said. “I don’t have a problem with somebody calling me even if I don’t think it’s a reasonable offer. That happens all the time, and I’m sure I’ve done that, too. I don’t have any issues with that.

“But what I do have issues with is people that call with really no intention to make a deal and just an intention of being able to say they called. Then the next thing you know, as soon as they hang up the phone, there’s rumors that they’re trying to get Rondo. So it becomes a story that’s talked about for seven days, when in fact they never really did want Rondo and we definitely had no interest in getting rid of Rondo.

“We love Rondo, and we had no intention of doing that deal. But someone can call and feel good about themselves and make some bogus offer and then have a rumor out there that they’re trying to get him.”

What DA is doing to Rondo... and I am not big fan of ASPG by any stretch... borders on the abusive.

DA is dangling R9R for all he is worth and when it goes nowhere, DA claims that he had no intentions of "getting rid" of Rondo and that we "love Rondo."

Funny that DA admits that he asked Rondo if he would consider resigning with Sacto... Rondo refuses... and what do you know....  that was apparently just a bogus offer too.

Rondo is being abused by DannyBoy... and that will come back to bite DA right on the rump.

Very bad karma.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

i guess you're right

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Abusing Rondo?

$12 million dollars a year?

Where can I sign up for that kind of abuse? Please!

[/QUOTE]

DA agreed to that salary. No one forced him to pay Rondo a red cent. Rondo deserves to be respected... not lied about and  lied to while DA covers his tracks.

DA is totally disingenuous about his commitment to keeping/building around this player, and worst of all other players have to notice too.

A lot of doubletalk about the supposed  team captain.... and leader on the court.

Can't blame Rondo for developing a very bad 'tude after being lied to, jerked around, disrespected and set up by a sackless DannyBoy.

R9R will leave this franchise on unnecessarily bad terms for everyone involved.

Pud

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

a celtics fan who hates Rondo and hates Ainge... hmmmm, something fishy about that.

[/QUOTE]

Pud has never said anything positive about the Celtics.

Literally 95 percent of his posts are about how much he hates Rondo, or how much he hates the organization.

The other 5 percent are photos that he learned in his senior citizen internet search class.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

a celtics fan who hates Rondo and hates Ainge... hmmmm, something fishy about that.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is the albatross around DA's neck. They both need to leave.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

From Steve Bulpett:

Very bad karma.

Pud

[/QUOTE]
    If he wanted to trade Rondo he wouldn't have asked for aprice as high as Dever got for Carmelo Anthony. Ainge has no intention of trading Rondo and never has. He wants to keep him which is good news for Celtics fans. . 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is the albatross around DA's neck. They both need to leave.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Yes, we should get rid of the guy that brought us our first title in 20 years along with an All star point guard.

You'd be a great GM. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Seems to me that Danny put an outrageous price on Rondo's head so nobody would waste his time. Of course if FIERCY called offering two unprotected 1st rounders and a prospect or two, Danny would have taken that call!

Danny's signal is that Rondo IS AVAILABLE (which everybody already knows).... so make him an offer he can't refuse.

And when others don't cave, DA blames them for BOGUS lowball offers.

Danny is the tease, wasting other GM's time.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Seems to me that Danny put an outrageous price on Rondo's head so nobody would waste his time. Of course if FIERCY called offering two unprotected 1st rounders and a prospect or two, Danny would have taken that call!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Danny's signal is that Rondo IS AVAILABLE (which everybody already knows).... so make him an offer he can't refuse.

And when others don't cave, DA blames them for BOGUS lowball offers.

Danny is the tease, wasting other GM's time.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Yeah...how horrible. Our GM wasted other GM's time.

Stop whining maybe?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to mellymel2's comment:

[QUOTE]

From Steve Bulpett:

Very bad karma.

Pud

I said earlier in the week Rondo would go to FA and not re-seign with the C's...I think DA knows this...Rondon't isn't going to sign here at close to 30 years of age if there's little serious chance to win a title...he'll be able to pick his spot in a warmer climate...he'll be gone and we'll get NADA!

[/QUOTE]

As long as he is gondo... I'm okay with that.

If we get nothing in return.... that's on DA... and I'm okay with that too. 

DA deserves to be stiffed by his boi wonder whom he greatly overvalues.

The old expression applies... "No good deed goes unpunished."

Pud

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

it's obvious rondo is being built around. watch and see.

that includes you, smelly.Laughing

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to mellymel2's comment:

As long as he is gondo... I'm okay with that.

If we get nothing in return.... that's on DA... and I'm okay with that too. 

DA deserves to be stiffed by his boi wonder whom he greatly overvalues.

The old expression applies... "No good deed goes unpunished."

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Rondo't is a vindictive little snipe...you think he won't remember all these trade rumors? Would you or I if we were him?..Of course...there's business and then there's business...I'd be torqued off about DA dangling him like he has...yeah I want him gone but I'd also like something in return...it's DA and Rondo who have both over valued the asset known as RONDO...Rondo will get the last laugh I bet

[/QUOTE]

Unless DA swallows his pride, subdues his own ego and takes fair market value which is considerably less than what he is asking.

After all, it was DA's savy and genius that  "discovered" Rondo... and made him a... ahem... "superstar."

Take fair market... Otherwise 'lil diva Rondo walks... leaving DA holding his johnson.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

I bet it was the "vindictive little snipe" comment you reacted too...too close to home?

what i reacted to was seeing you being referred to here earlier today as smelly mel. guy said you knew even less about basketball than football and found that remarkable. plus wanted to know if you were still walking around walpole. i liked it and figured i'd run it up the flagpole myself.

so how come they call you smelly mel, smelly mel?

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts