Ainge Put his Eggs in Two Baskets

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Re: Ainge Put his Eggs in Two Baskets

Sorry, Fiercest, but I'm sure you'd rather be in his shoes right now, with your team having come out of a slump and heating up before the play-offs.  The Celts have dug themselves a pretty deep hole at the moment.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

"I'm going down with this Celtic ship"

Wow Fierce what a quote! 

Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge Put his Eggs in Two Baskets:
    In Response to Re: Ainge Put his Eggs in Two Baskets : Not really. I'm going down with this Celtic ship. I waited 21 years to see the Celts raise banner #17. If I have to wait another 21 years to see another banner raised then so be it. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

I agree.   Celtics for life!!  If we win, I will retire from posting, after accepting congratulations from lakers fans!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celtics will rise at the end of this season and into the playoffs.  If they don't, I'll stand by them and by Danny's moves.   I wasn't completely thrilled as he took a big risk with this season's championship chances, but he did improve the team long term and perhaps even this year - remains to be seen.   

Go Celtics!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

"Donde están las cucarachas ?"

hordes all over the forums today.

anywho

The C's look pathetic  but  I still will sink with the team

so save me a seat on the Boston Titanic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Boston Celtics

The once and future champs
    We live and die with them

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Sorry, Fiercest, but I'm sure you'd rather be in his shoes right now, with your team having come out of a slump and heating up before the play-offs.  The Celts have dug themselves a pretty deep hole at the moment.
    Posted by docomospur

Deep hole, why? I think we made the playoffs already...Don't you know we all start at 0-0 when the playoffs start?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Celtics will rise at the end of this season and into the playoffs.  If they don't, I'll stand by them and by Danny's moves.   I wasn't completely thrilled as he took a big risk with this season's championship chances, but he did improve the team long term and perhaps even this year - remains to be seen.    Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Thats assuming of course our newcomers will stay here. Something I doubt looking at the way they are utilized right now....
    But maybe Doc will leave?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Shaq and JO. It was a make or break trade. If the Celts fail to win a championship this season then Ainge made a big mistake, but if the Celts win a championship Ainge is a genius!"

Agree 100 percent. That's a perfect summary. Ainge took a big risk this year in the interests of balancing winning a ring this year with building for the future. But you can build for years and not get anywhere, so you have to win the ring now also. I'd say it's a basket and a half though. Ainge was counting on Shaq way more than JO. Right now it's not looking especially good. But we'll see. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

You still have hope!!!!!!! hahahhahhahah season is over!!!Kwame scores 12 and 7 and the great power forward DJ White puts in 17 and 6 and your still hoping Shaq and JO will save them. Must suck to b in your shoes!!!
    Posted by lalakerman

Good one. You may be a troll but I have to give credit where credit is due.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Even if they don't win it this year, i don't think we have to wait 21yrs...i think its dooable in 3-5 years...I still think they will make an incredible run for it this year, especially being their last legit year!!! Remember how bad it looked last year going in to the playoffs..especially going against the mighty Lebrainless cadaverleers....keep the faith

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge Put his Eggs in Two Baskets : Deep hole, why? I think we made the playoffs already...Don't you know we all start at 0-0 when the playoffs start?
    Posted by basketbert

I'm not sure if you've watched the last few games?  If the players think like you do, that job's done and they can just coast along until play-off time when it will be "0-0", it's something called complacency.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge Put his Eggs in Two Baskets : 21 years! You wont see another championship in ur lifetime!! I'll see you in hell when they put up number 18! By then it will probably freeze over!!
    Posted by lalakerman

Keep up the cliches, buddy.  Even as a Laker troll, you're decidedly dull and unoriginal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge Put his Eggs in Two Baskets : I'm not sure if you've watched the last few games?  If the players think like you do, that job's done and they can just coast along until play-off time when it will be "0-0", it's something called complacency.
    Posted by docomospur

Uhm, have you watched last season? How do you explain that?
    I agree its a very dangerous thing to do, but right now it looks like that's what going on, late-regular season syndrome.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge Put his Eggs in Two Baskets : Keep up the cliches, buddy.  Even as a Laker troll, you're decidedly dull and unoriginal.
    Posted by docomospur

Cheer up! The Celts are playing the wolves next.  You might get a win there and have something to b excited about!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge Put his Eggs in Two Baskets : Cheer up! The Celts are playing the wolves next.  You might get a win there and have something to b excited about!
    Posted by lalakerman

That's the best you can come up with?  Christ.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Ainge Put his Eggs in Two Baskets:

Shaq and JO. It was a make or break trade. If the Celts fail to win a championship this season then Ainge made a big mistake, but if the Celts win a championship Ainge is a genius!

Posted by Fiercest34

-

This is too simplistic for you.

What trade?  Shaq & JO were signings, not trades.

Since when is a "gamble" that you lose a "mistake"?  Isn't it just a gamble, a lost bet? 

It is too far down the season to be speculating on what has gone on before.

20/20 hindsight is vision for losers with no foresight.

The C's are what they are right now, and not what they might be when healthy.

When healthy they might win it all, but what's the point of this kind of post?

It's kind of pointless, isn't it?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Celtics are still playing fairly good defense up to securing the rebound. The offense will come. I don't think it matters as much on the offensive end as it does on the defensive end. You watch. This team will be there in the playoffs. This is the same old crud that happened last year. The old dudes will turn it up in the post season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

One of the reason that there's so much chatter on this board is because "the reason" is not clear.   There are multiple reasons and we all see something that needs to be fixed.   At times, the early game offense is terrible. Other times, the early game defense is terrible.  We see Rondo letting guard blow by him as he reaches.  Then we see the team not moving the ball.  Another game its KG shooting HORRIBLE and then Paul catches that cold for 3 or 4 games.   Then Ray can't hit wide open 3's.  Krstic looked and allstar when he first got her now he looks like a high school student.  On top of all of this, Doc's not giving the most consistent sub (Green) enough minutes so the Coach is failing us on that front.  

There are lots of issues here.   If only they could all take a 'time out' and just chill for a few days.   That's why I think they'll be fine in the playoffs.  Paul and KG will play better, the subs will learn the defense a little better, Rondo is starting to play a little better and i think will come back when properly motivated. With him, I think its all mental.

Long way to say - there's no one problem, so these two baskets that Danny bet on (Shaq and JON) are but 2 things this team needs to get fixed.  Good news - they are all definitely fixable.  its not like G is having surgery or Paul is out for the rest of the season.  We have small things that can all be fixed!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sorry for the typos. I was typing too fast.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The way I see it, there are several problems. 

Rondo isn't right.  He's clearly fighting through some nagging injuries and the offense suffers.  He is either saving himself or is more injured than we know. 

The starters build leads and then the second unit is not consistent enough.  Just a quick look at the +/- over the last handful of losses shows that guys like BBD, Green et al are more often than not in the minus.  The starters haven't been able to right the ship against teams that had no business being on the floor with the Celtics. 

Glen Davis is having a tough time matching up against the other team's big men.  I know he's playing the 5 at times out of necessity right now, but the C's are in a horrible stretch where they're making some very average big men look like all-stars.  Davis fouled out against Charlotte and in general the C's made Kwame Brown look like he's actually competent.

Boston fans are waiting for the O'Neals to arrive and to get in some semblance of playing shape before the playoffs start.  They will be needed.  And Delonte West needs to work through all of his injuries so he can consistently contribute to the 2nd unit so they can be more consistent. 

All in all, there is still some time to work through these things and get ready for the playoffs.  But there are some maddening lapses that I hate to see that remind me of last year.   

Sections
Shortcuts