Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog

Fierce as I am sure you saw on this blog Ainge is telling us all we need to know. Based on his comments regarding the lack of interest from other teams at the moment he then mentions the road trip as being the definer of the direction they are going in. He seems to be saying if we don't play well this trip we are not going to make any big moves.  Subject to interpretation but it seems he knows this team as many of us do as currently constructed we won't go anywhere.

You could read it the other way but Ainge is saying that other teams are not cooperating.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog

So he hasn't lost his eyesight. Good news.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog:
    [QUOTE]So he hasn't lost his eyesight. Good news.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    I felt the same way.  Without certainty how to proceed but glad Ainge sees how limited they are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

He must be reading here.   If only he would check out some of our trade ideas we could be a contender again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog:
    [QUOTE]He must be reading here.   If only he would check out some of our trade ideas we could be a contender again.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Do you think any of these ideas has not been considered by DA? Come on.
    Its way more likely the other teams are not interested in what we have to offer.
    The harsh reality seems to be that our pieces are not as valuable as we like to think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog : Do you think any of these ideas has not been considered by DA? Come on. Its way more likely the other teams are not interested in what we have to offer. The harsh reality seems to be that our pieces are not as valuable as we like to think.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]
    That is exactly how I see it.  This team has performed so inconsistently, injury prone and laden with fatigue it would give other team real second thoughts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog : Do you think any of these ideas has not been considered by DA? Come on. Its way more likely the other teams are not interested in what we have to offer. The harsh reality seems to be that our pieces are not as valuable as we like to think.

I guess you have no sense of humor.  It was a sarcastic post.  Do you really think I believe DA reads this BS?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]He must be reading here.   If only he would check out some of our trade ideas we could be a contender again.

If he checked out all of Fierce's ideas, Danny would check himself in to a mental institution!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I don't think we'll be a contending team for several years to come. Hope I'm wrong, but i just don't think DA will be able to assemble a top team.
    It would be OK with me; I had fun watching the celts even in the 18-game losing streak year. You just have to set your expectations differently.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog : I guess you have no sense of humor.  It was a sarcastic post .  Do you really think I believe DA reads this BS?
    Hey I was confused to, but your response is funny. Repetitive, vacillating BS is all we come up with here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog : I guess you have no sense of humor.  It was a sarcastic post .  Do you really think I believe DA reads this BS?
    Hey I was confused to, but your response is funny. Repetitive, vacillating BS is all we come up with here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog :  If he checked out all of Fierce's ideas, Danny would check himself in to a mental institution!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]
    I think that Fierce may be DA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog : Hey I was confused to, but your response is funny. Repetitive, vacillating BS is all we come up with here.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Well i guess i need be more clear.  I just get a kick out of reading all the trade scenarios.  About a thousand of them.  Then if any of them actually take place someone will say "I told you so".  What will probably happen, if anything,  DA will do something no one has even thought about.
    As for expectations,  I do not expect to lose for 3-4 more years.  Any competitive person I know would not settle for that.  Reality looks bleak, but I still have not given up.  I would never do that. Don't believe in losing to have a better lottery pick either. We have been there and what did we get? NADA. Nope i will keep supporting whoever wears green and want to win every game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog : Hey I was confused to, but your response is funny. Repetitive, vacillating BS is all we come up with here.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    We urgently need sarcasticons on this board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog : I think that Fierce may be DA.

Well if DA's mind is working on all the trade, buyouts, amnesties, etc that Fierce posts every day then he is working overtime.  Probably about ready for the funny farm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]So he hasn't lost his eyesight. Good news.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Nor his sense of smell. Sorry it was too easy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I honestly, and don’t want to be the prophet of doom, see us going beyond the 1st round in the playoffs even if we make a trade.  And, if it is any consolation, neither will the hated Lakers.  If we could combine our 2 teams…YES !!! (HA!) LA needs a PG and we need a Center.  LA with just Bynum , Gasol and Kobe(Fisher & Artest past their prime & others are mediocre) can win some games but as Bynum & Gasol can relieve eachother and also play together, they are the 2 best combined big men I think since McHale & Parish.  But unless Kobe can score 30+, they are vulnerable.

We, on the other hand, don’t have a Bynum & Gasol.  KG is a Power Forward so we have no one to complete like they do for rebounds. But the rest of our players combined, although not one of them is as good as Kobe and that includes Pierce, Allen & KG, are better so we have a better shooting team but live or die basically with a few exceptions of driving to the basket with Rondo, Pierce or Allen on the jump shot. If we shoot 50% we can win but if not, losing the battle of rebounds we lose.

So, I don’t think LA trading Gasol & getting a PG will win them a championship this year as Bynum, injury prone, has no backup. We could trade Pierce but he broke Bird’s scoring record to be 2nd highest scorer in Cs history so should retire a Celtic and I don’t really know who would want him. I would trade Ray Allen if it would get us Gortat or Kaman & toss in willingly JO and a draft pick and others too but I still don’t think we’d win a championship this year with one of those Biggies. Ray Allen for Mo Williams too would be a deal but doesn't address our need for a Biggie.

Rondo for Nash/Gortat or Gasol & we get a PG elsewhere I don’t think still would make us a championship team. Keeping Rondo & having Gasol or DH to whom to toss the ball too would be a different story but no trade is possible to do this. I believe Jeff Green’s return next year will help tremendously.  So, I am almost in favor of standing pat and in the off season part with all or some of the BIG 3 & rebuilt.  And I’m a septuagenarian who knows how much more time I have to be patient for another banner. It’s really too bad we didn’t beat the Lakers in game 7 a few years back because the BIG 3 ain’t gonna do it again and that loss hurts as much as the Red Sox collapse last year & the Patriots losing to the Giants in the Super Bowl.  OK, I’ve rambled on enough…..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog : I think that Fierce may be DA.

You could be right, he throws all these trade scenario's out there, and see's which one we agree with most, then pulls the trigger!!!  Not!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog :  You could be right, he throws all these trade scenario's out there, and see's which one we agree with most, then pulls the trigger!!!  Not!!

You have to give it to Fierce.  He probably works harder at this than DA and he isn't even a employee. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog : You have to give it to Fierce.  He probably works harder at this than DA and he isn't even a employee. 

I do give Fierce credit, he works 24 hours a day 7 days a week!!  You know with Fierce being a "reporter" there's always a story out there!!  I've been going at it with Fierce, for about 3 years now, and at times i've LMAO at him and at myself, to be honest the board wouldn't be the same without him!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog :  I do give Fierce credit, he works 24 hours a day 7 days a week!!  You know with Fierce being a "reporter" there's always a story out there!!  I've been going at it with Fierce, for about 3 years now, and at times i've LMAO at him and at myself, to be honest the board wouldn't be the same without him!!

If everyone agreed with everyone I probably would'nt bother reading this stuff.  Sometimes it is hillarious. Even last year we were cruising along with the 2nd best record, and really looked like the team to beat.  Most were yelling for some type of trade.  We got one and the first couple of games some were calling us a "offensive juggernaut".  Well you know how that trade turned out up to this point. (I know Fierce we still have a pick) Here we are again and most want a trade, (including me) and it probably won't happen. I would trade any player we got that would help long term. I really don't see anything helping that much short term. I for one want our young guys to get more time. Yes we might lose more because of them (how much worse can it get) but playing time is where you see what someone can do. Doc likes to ride his horses until the run out of juice. Never mind I am just rambling. Too much coffee. Need to go sell a house anyway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge says right now we are not a contending team right now on Celtics Blog : If everyone agreed with everyone I probably would'nt bother reading this stuff.  Sometimes it is hillarious. Even last year we were cruising along with the 2nd best record, and really looked like the team to beat.  Most were yelling for some type of trade.  We got one and the first couple of games some were calling us a "offensive juggernaut".  Well you know how that trade turned out up to this point. (I know Fierce we still have a pick) Here we are again and most want a trade, (including me) and it probably won't happen. I would trade any player we got that would help long term. I really don't see anything helping that much short term. I for one want our young guys to get more time. Yes we might lose more because of them (how much worse can it get) but playing time is where you see what someone can do. Doc likes to ride his horses until the run out of juice. Never mind I am just rambling. Too much coffee. Need to go sell a house anyway.

I think they have just about ran out of juice!!  Good luck with the house!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE] Need to go sell a house anyway.
    Im a realtor, too.  What state are you in?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fugot. Show fugot's posts

it would be hilarious if fierce were DA, I mean I would not put it past DA to log onto the celticsblog just to get his players incensed about the fans are talking tradingcertainplayers. A good general does whatisneeded.

Yeah, I think , even as compulsive as he seems at times, you have to give credit to fierce. He loves the celtics, and I can not argue with that.

one last point..remember when we did not win the 1st round pick, but got the fifth. You know that sort of worked out.  

the celtics have funny chemistry right now. they actually have the talent, but not the mental focus it seems to me, to win consistently (or go far in the playoffs).  
    But rondo, (bradley), moore (peitrus), green, (pierce), JJJ, (garnett), ??? (bass, steima) might be something to watch.   

Sections
Shortcuts